• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want Info on Messianic Judaism (Non-Trinitarian)

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Wouldnt Messianic Christianity be useless to thous who are not Jewish, since in the NT while the Apostles were talking about the Gentile converts to Christianity, whether they should follow the Torah, the answer was no.

Useless? Maybe to some, but I've met many gentile believers who found the roots of their faith to be of value.

Everyone, please refrain from any debate on DIR forums, there are plenty of debate forums for that.

DIR forums are for fellowship and learning for those of that particular faith.

They may also be used by outsiders for asking genuine questions in a respectful manner without an agenda.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Useless? Maybe to some, but I've met many gentile believers who found the roots of their faith to be of value.

Everyone, please refrain from any debate on DIR forums, there are plenty of debate forums for that.

DIR forums are for fellowship and learning for those of that particular faith.

They may also be used by outsiders for asking genuine questions in a respectful manner without an agenda.
I Just found out about DIR forums and the no debating on them, so Id like to apologize.

And "useless" was uncalled for, and I didn't mean to offend.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Thank you for understanding. The forums are rather complex by nature, it's common for new members to make mistakes.

BlandOatmeal

Katz,

Are you still about? You haven't posted here for over a year. I came across your comment while surfing, and joined up here. If you are looking for a "Non-Trinitarian Messianic", that's me -- I recently had to register as such on another site, as a way of dealing with the fact that I was neither "Christian" (i.e. Trinitarian) nor "Jewish" (halachically). I have friends who consider themselves "Messianics", and do Friday night kiddish and Torah studies with them twice a month.

Other than the above-mentioned, very informal get-togethers, I don't belong to any group. Over five years ago, I was in a conversion program for Judaism, and the year preceding I attended a Messianic fellowship. Years ago, I was part of various Christian churches, and I was brought up as a Roman Catholic.

I would be glad to discuss doctrine or other matters with you and others here.

bnabernard

As you say this site is a bit complicated so I'm posting this so it appears in my replies and I can get back without getting lost.
As yet I can't post links but further back on this posting there is a similer site that I have come across in using the same image of Yeshua sitting on a mount, they refer as the essene nazerene church of mount carmel.
Anyhow Hi

bernard (hug)
non trinitarian

Well, for various reasons, I can't keep the Law right now, so I guess I'm a Messianic Goy/Gentile. I fully support the Jewish end of the stick though, and reject Jews for Jesus.

Shermana, I imagine many of the Nazarenes were Essenes, so they would differ quite a bit from normal Pharisaism and Sadduceaism. To an outsider though they would probably look the same, though.

BlandOatmeal

Wouldnt Messianic Christianity be useless to thous who are not Jewish, since in the NT while the Apostles were talking about the Gentile converts to Christianity, whether they should follow the Torah, the answer was no.
Hi, Jacob

By "Messianic Christianity", I presume you are referring to the (mainly American) Messianic movement (In Judaism, I understand, being called "Messianic" means you have no contact with reality).

The Messianic movement is useful to me, because I don't fit into either Judaism or Christianity. I believe in the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testaments -- which I don't believe describes Judaism as we know it any more than it describes Christianity as I know it. I simply follow it as it's written, to the best of my understanding, and have been rejected by both Jews and Christians because of this. The Messianics are the only ones willing to take me in, so here I am.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I will look into that, thanks for the idea, it will be good to have a list like that here. :yes:

The '(Non-Trinitarian)' limit will be the tricky part, and since I am as non-t as they come I'm the perfect one to sort them out. (can sniff out trinity theology very fast) It won't be easy, as the most vocal MJ are going to be from a Christian background, and therefore trinitarian.

I'm a bit gob-smacked as the most vocal MJ and proselytizing folks I've seen and heard are Jews, born and raised, not from Christian backgrounds...

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Every community/area is different, but in my experience....

born? ... maybe ... raised? ... nope.

Brian Schuh

Look poison ivy is kosher. Doesn't mean you should eat it. The Talmud says to not deny yourself anything the Torah has not forbidden. And that you will be judged for everything you deny yourself that is permitted. That the restrictions of food the Torah provides us is enough, there is to be no further restrictions on your diet that you create for yourself. Obviously then, are we to eat poison ivy, just because it is kosher? Hell no! Just because it is "clean", doesn't mean that there are not other restrictions on your diet in the Torah besides whether it is kosher.

Allow me to introduce myself to this forum. I was baptized a Seventh-day Adventist when I was 14 years old. Later in life I pursued Judaism and briefly attended a messianic synagogue. Even later I found the Chabad Chassid, and I identify myself as a Noahide. I was turned off of messianic judaism because of trinitarianism and their refusal to question the New Testament canon. I accept that the gospel of Mathew should be considered as possible scripture but have my doubts about any virgin birth. I deny that God ever had physicality. Yeshua was a man. Maybe Moshiach ben Joseph, but just a man. Also, I doubt the Hebrew year count. I question everything, but not repeatedly. I don't visit the same questions over and over.

I value everything that has been said on this forum.

Riders

There are Messianic Judaism that don't believe in Jesus as deity but as the messiah Christ.They follow Jesus but don't believe hes diety. theres one in Dallas.