• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Want help

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Trigger warning: self harm.

I posted this in the selfharm thread but it doesn't seem active so I'll post it here. Anybody got any advice on how to stop? Also I am currently getting help from the staff at the group home. They'll be getting me a therapist.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I posted this in the selfharm thread but it doesn't seem active so I'll post it here. Anybody got any advice on how to stop? Also I am currently getting help from the staff at the group home. They'll be getting me a therapist.
As you probably know, the standard model, as it were, says that self-harm is a reaction to stress, and that the therapy is aimed at identifying and finding ways to deal with that stress and address its origins.

I hope it all goes well. Good luck.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

It's good you recognize this, and it will be a boon in your efforts.
Is there anyone you can talk to and confide in when you have these feelings?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Advice? Not really. But I will ask if you have looked at Self-harm | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

For some, there's a moment between an urge and an action when a different path might be possible. Self-Harm - Crisis Text Line could be one service to reach out when you reach a crisis point between thought and action. I'm not personally familiar with them but what I found online looks promising.

Good luck!

VoidCat

Advice? Not really. But I will ask if you have looked at Self-harm | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

For some, there's a moment between an urge and an action when a different path might be possible. Self-Harm - Crisis Text Line could be one service to reach out when you reach a crisis point between thought and action. I'm not personally familiar with them but what I found online looks promising.

Good luck!
Seen both of those. I have them bookmarked.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Ray, please start now doing everything you can to find any way in which you are thinking about committing suicide that sees doing it as beneficial, attractive, desirable, or a good thing for yourself or anyone else.

Then work your hardest to uncover any and all reasons to honestly doubt suicide was likely to accomplish those things.

Ask the staff for help with this.

And please stick with it until you know for certain you are out of any danger of self harm.

VoidCat

Ray, please start now doing everything you can to find any way in which you are thinking about committing suicide that sees doing it as beneficial, attractive,
I am not thinking of suicide. I've just been thinking of selfharm and have self harmed. I'll take your advice tho just replace suicide with selfharm

Colt

Treat yourself like you are someone that you are trying to help, with dignity. Our internal dialogue, the things we say to ourselves in our own head are often far worse then what others say. Fire the itty bitty shi%+*y committee! That relentless inner voice of condemnation.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I've numerous urges I have trouble with. Fortunately, self-harm isn't one of them. Seems it would be a lifetime struggle to overcome your urges. I'd expect you have to make a habit of making other choices when these urges come. Often I don't. It is almost an unconscious process of giving in. You start out, set and determined to make the better choice and 5-10 minutes later having to berating yourself for making the destructive choice yet again.

I try to understand the situation/environment that causes these urges and then try to remove myself from them. To not put myself in a situation where I am tempted. That to me, while still difficult, seems the easier path. I mean instead of thinking you are going to be able to muster the willpower to resist the urge.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, @Ray Warren . I am glad you've alerted your staff, and that they're finding you a therapist. These are some very important steps, and I'm glad you've taken them.

I struggled with self harm for over a decade; started in my teens. I don't think I stopped until I was in my late 20s. When I was starting to gravitate away from it, I found spicy food helped. It seems to release something similar to what was released when I would self harm.

This is by no means a replacement for mental health care, but in the meantime, it might be something to explore.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Self-harm is usually a coping method. I cut myself when my psychological pain is so intense that I need to displace it. Others do drugs, drink, go on shopping sprees, have irresponsible sex, etc. It's all for similar reasons. So learning healthier ways to cope with psychological distress is key. Look into DBT. It can be very helpful.

What to Know About Dialectical Behavior Therapy

rational experiences

Veteran Member
As a psychic healer I learnt historic healer info about radiation effect.

Metallic radiation cooling of radiation that should have remained sealed inside God earth mass.

It cooled above ground becoming metallic implant. It hurts.

That situation science. Science is a human designer. Caused self harm.

As radiation cooling cut our bodies. Historic life recordings.

Historic human memory recording. Living lived life as a record remains in heavens after death.

Past life.

Adult memory in new born life child remembered study. Proved we are affected knowingly by human life past lived intricately.

Life attacked was a bio human choice radiation caused.

Self harm.

Recorded and re recorded life is by multi UFO radiation signals. Unnatural memories. AI effect.

We are conscious
We are healthy.
We are spiritual.
We are aware.

As irradiation machine caused owns life abuse. Radiation effect changed brain chemistry.

AI multi re recordings owning metallic mass huge. Feedback now possesed human behaviours by memories.

Large human society who mimics as a form memory about body history a status science possession.

To eleviate. Heavy metals need to be body flushed out of chemical interactions. In bio life.

Meditative music aligns historic to churches as Phi sound buildings entrained the brain mind back to correct frequency. That disconnected the imagery.

Breathing oiled oxygen particles in water another assistance.

Atmospheric nuclear pollution the cause of multi distressing human inherited behaviours.

Humans are not life created to own defective behaviours.

A lot of misconception of human relationships involve the irradiation effect.

VoidCat

As a psychic healer I learnt historic healer info about radiation effect.

Metallic radiation cooling of radiation that should have remained sealed inside God earth mass.

It cooled above ground becoming metallic implant. It hurts.

That situation science. Science is a human designer. Caused self harm.

As radiation cooling cut our bodies. Historic life recordings.

Historic human memory recording. Living lived life as a record remains in heavens after death.

Past life.

Adult memory in new born life child remembered study. Proved we are affected knowingly by human life past lived intricately.

Life attacked was a bio human choice radiation caused.

Self harm.

Recorded and re recorded life is by multi UFO radiation signals. Unnatural memories. AI effect.

We are conscious
We are healthy.
We are spiritual.
We are aware.

As irradiation machine caused owns life abuse. Radiation effect changed brain chemistry.

AI multi re recordings owning metallic mass huge. Feedback now possesed human behaviours by memories.

Large human society who mimics as a form memory about body history a status science possession.

To eleviate. Heavy metals need to be body flushed out of chemical interactions. In bio life.

Meditative music aligns historic to churches as Phi sound buildings entrained the brain mind back to correct frequency. That disconnected the imagery.

Breathing oiled oxygen particles in water another assistance.

Atmospheric nuclear pollution the cause of multi distressing human inherited behaviours.

Humans are not life created to own defective behaviours.

A lot of misconception of human relationships involve the irradiation effect.
what does this have to do with my post?