• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods Sued

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
One thing I'm certain of is that anything can happen in court.
The plaintiff has a good case, but to quote my lawyer....
"You can have a perfect case with a guaranteed win. And 85% of the time you will."
Fair enough, we will see. I think we can also be certain that if it doesn't do much on the first pass, I can see it being appealed multiple times.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fair enough, we will see. I think we can also be certain that if it doesn't do much on the first pass, I can see it being appealed multiple times.
And other plaintiff's would file suits too.
Different judges...different decisions.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Possibly.
Trump appears interested in some additional gun control,
& this would be one small area which could change.
I have been out of the Trump loop for a few days. (It has been peaceful, really!) What is he proposing?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have been out of the Trump loop for a few days. (It has been peaceful, really!) What is he proposing?
A Trump free weekend?
Woo hoo!
Stricter regulation of bump stocks is one specific proposal.
And he's urging lawmakers to agree upon something.
We'll see what actually happens.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What part of my post do you think said anything at all about what anyone should or shouldn't do?

Seriously? It seems the only 'raison d'etre' for most of your posts is to implant your idea of what should or should not be on the lives of others.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My prediction about the unintended consequences here: I think this will end with these companies just not selling these weapons at all any more.

Think about it:

- there was enough public outcry about selling these guns to "kids" that the companies decided that they had to act.
- the law in this state and others apparently says that if they sell to 40-year-olds, they have to sell the same product to 18-year-olds.

Both concerns get resolved if they just don't sell a weapon at all if they think they'll get blowback for selling it to an 18-year-old.

Probably what they should have done in the first place if they were going to take a moral stance on this instead of making a public gesture to appease the public outcry.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

esmith

Veteran Member
Does wal mart manufacture guns? I wasn’t aware.
from the article:
This law, officially adopted on 26 October 2005, is the law to which Hillary Clinton was referring in 2015 when she stated “the gun industry and gun sellers are the only business in America that is totally free of liability for their behavior.” Claims that they are totally free of liability, however, are not totally precise.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Not all....just one of the things he said.
(I never claimed he's eloquent.)
Oh, I was making a joke at the expense of lawmakers and their perpetual ability to never agree on whats for lunch, much less on legislation.

idav

Being
Premium Member
from the article:
This law, officially adopted on 26 October 2005, is the law to which Hillary Clinton was referring in 2015 when she stated “the gun industry and gun sellers are the only business in America that is totally free of liability for their behavior.” Claims that they are totally free of liability, however, are not totally precise.
Now your going by Clinton’s interpretation, now that’s rich. Notice the part it says “totally free from liability is not precise”. They got that right.