• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wakanda forever!!!!

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I just saw this and I want to nerd out with you guys.
So have you seen it and what did you think?
I quite enjoyed it, though it did feel a little long

I love mythology in general, so I found the movie quite enjoyable and the plot fairly strong. It was relatively close-ish to the comics, from what I remember (due for a reread, clearly.)
And I enjoyed seeing Wakanda culture on display. Reminded me of my own, tbh

So tell me your thoughts guys!!!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As a straight white male may I point out that all superheroes are white. And of course heterosexual. And female superheroes have to be subservient to the male super . . .

Hold it! This just in! This is no longer the 1950's.

I have to congratulate Marvel on breaking out of the comic books of my youth. It is better if everyone can have superheroes. I have not seen it yet. I just wanted to post this before any spoilers came up.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Haven't seen it, yet; but as Wakanda is the source of Vibranium here is a list of most of the strongest fictional materials ever written:

List of fictional elements, materials, isotopes and subatomic particles - Wikipedia

I'm not sure which one is strongest, however Promethium seems promising. It can save you a lot of money on armor, because you only need a thin coat of it. Its really just for coating things, however. Vibranium is more of an all-purpose kind of metal with medical uses among others.

Nimos

I just saw this and I want to nerd out with you guys.
So have you seen it and what did you think?
I quite enjoyed it, though it did feel a little long

I love mythology in general, so I found the movie quite enjoyable and the plot fairly strong. It was relatively close-ish to the comics, from what I remember (due for a reread, clearly.)
And I enjoyed seeing Wakanda culture on display. Reminded me of my own, tbh

So tell me your thoughts guys!!!
Haven't seen it, but then again, I have kind of given up on all those superhero movies in general, never been a huge fan of the concept, to be honest. :)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I still have tremendous respect for Stan Lee- may he RIP- but beyond that I have no interest. Everything Marvel movies try to do, other mediums have done 10x better.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I still have tremendous respect for Stan Lee- may he RIP- but beyond that I have no interest. Everything Marvel movies try to do, other mediums have done 10x better.
That all depends upon which Marvel movie.
The 1st Spiderman (Toby Maguire), Deadpool,
Darkman, The Wolverine.....the best'o the bunch.
Marvel tends towards muddy plots when the
cast is a huge crowd.
Still, better than DC efforts. Although, we did
get this....

Watchmen

Premium Member
Wakanda Forever was good, not great. The first Black Panther was way better. I’d give The sequel a solid B. The original was an A+.

Shaul

Premium Member
I won't shell out good money to see it. It sounds tedious and PC. I'll watch it when it is in re-runs sometime in the future. Maybe.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I won't shell out good money to see it. It sounds tedious and PC. I'll watch it when it is in re-runs sometime in the future. Maybe.
Tedious and PC? Not sure where you get your info. I promote watching things and making up one’s own mind.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Black Panther has been a thing since the 60s
But whatever I guess :shrug:
Honestly it seems far more tedious to deny oneself enjoying things out of spite due to perceived “PC appeasement.” But you do you

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'll just stay with the orginal classes. Today is just bizzaro world garbage with people who don't even have the capability to write a good and proper story anymore.

Wakanda forever is a mess.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll just stay with the orginal classes. Today is just bizzaro world garbage with people who don't even have the capability to write a good and proper story anymore.

Wakanda forever is a mess.
I remember watching Critical Drinker back in the day
Didn’t realise he was still chugging along lol good for him

He’d have easily failed high school English class here. His analytical abilities are atrocious but I suppose he can just blame the booze like I do lol

(This post is in jest. I did legitimately like Critical Drinker at one point.)

Last edited: