• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Waiting to confront Texas school shooter was ‘the wrong decision,’ police admit along with string of

We Never Know

No Slack
In my opinion some people need to find a different career. Its sad that the shooting happened and sad they took so long to confront the shooter.

Waiting to confront Texas school shooter was ‘the wrong decision,’ police admit along with string of other failures

"Police admitted to a stunning string of failures — including driving right by the gunman — in responding to the Texas school shooting while children were being massacred inside, with the head of the state’s Department of Public Safety saying the time for making excuses about the botched response was over.

The Friday news conference came after days of confusion, inconsistencies and a muddled timeline of law enforcement’s response to the rampage at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

Speaking on the delay in breaching the classroom where the shooter was, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said that “from the benefit of hindsight where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision. There’s no excuse for that.”

“There were children in that classroom that were still at risk,” he added.

McCraw revealed that the gunman entered the school through a back door he found propped open at 11:33 a.m. and began shooting in classrooms 111 and 112. At least 100 shots were fired "based on the audio evidence at that time," he said.

Just two minutes later, at least three police officers entered the same door the gunman did. By 12:03 p.m., there were as many as 19 officers in the hallway.

However, it wasn’t until 12:50 p.m. that the classroom the gunman was shooting in was breached using keys from a janitor. That is when the gunman was fatally shot.

In a press conference late Friday afternoon, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said he was "livid" after he was "misled" about initial reports of police response to the shooting.

Investigators need to "get to the very seconds of exactly what happened with 100-percent accuracy and explain it to the public and most importantly to the victims who have been devastated," the governor said."

https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproj...failures-responding-texas-school-ma-rcna30845

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It doesn't matter who is at fault.

It's just going to keep happening, unless we do something legislatively, or our society starts to really take some **** seriously. SMDH

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
In my opinion some people need to find a different career. Its sad that the shooting happened and sad they took so long to confront the shooter.

Waiting to confront Texas school shooter was ‘the wrong decision,’ police admit along with string of other failures

"Police admitted to a stunning string of failures — including driving right by the gunman — in responding to the Texas school shooting while children were being massacred inside, with the head of the state’s Department of Public Safety saying the time for making excuses about the botched response was over.

The Friday news conference came after days of confusion, inconsistencies and a muddled timeline of law enforcement’s response to the rampage at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

Speaking on the delay in breaching the classroom where the shooter was, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said that “from the benefit of hindsight where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision. It was the wrong decision. There’s no excuse for that.”

“There were children in that classroom that were still at risk,” he added.

McCraw revealed that the gunman entered the school through a back door he found propped open at 11:33 a.m. and began shooting in classrooms 111 and 112. At least 100 shots were fired "based on the audio evidence at that time," he said.

Just two minutes later, at least three police officers entered the same door the gunman did. By 12:03 p.m., there were as many as 19 officers in the hallway.

However, it wasn’t until 12:50 p.m. that the classroom the gunman was shooting in was breached using keys from a janitor. That is when the gunman was fatally shot.

In a press conference late Friday afternoon, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said he was "livid" after he was "misled" about initial reports of police response to the shooting.

Investigators need to "get to the very seconds of exactly what happened with 100-percent accuracy and explain it to the public and most importantly to the victims who have been devastated," the governor said."

https://www-nbcnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna30845?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16536919172565&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-admit-driving-right-shooter-failures-responding-texas-school-ma-rcna30845
The solution to your problems is simple: just ban selling fire weapons.

Ciao

- viole

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The cops even tased someone for trying to get them to act for "obstructing an investigation".

Personally I'd fire every single one who was involved from management down. But I'll bet that no one gets fired or even seriously disciplined except perhaps for a sacrificial goat.And the NRA will demand even laxer gun laws making it easier for any lunatic or terrorist to buy whatever weapons he desires.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The solution to your problems is simple: just ban selling fire weapons.

Ciao

- viole
This solution isn't acceptable to the right. In fact this is their biggest fear, and they often claim liberals are out to take away all their guns. What liberals are asking for is more strict access to the most dangerous guns, that being screenings of those who want to buy them. Adequate screening will mean fewer sales, but also prevent unfit citizens from owning guns. Greg Abbott, for one, has claimed the existing laws aren't good enough to stop these shooters, so this proves laws don't work. No, it proves weak laws don't work, and he's being disingenuous and a failure as a leader. He refuses to consider laws that will weed out certain buyers. That makes him complicit with any future gun deaths by those who would have been weeded out.

The gun fetish of the right is the sickness of our nation, and they have no moral functioning as long as they value guns over life.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The cops even tased someone for trying to get them to act for "obstructing an investigation".

Personally I'd fire every single one who was involved from management down. But I'll bet that no one gets fired or even seriously disciplined except perhaps for a sacrificial goat.And the NRA will demand even laxer gun laws making it easier for any lunatic or terrorist to buy whatever weapons he desires.

Agreed.

One bad apple, spoils the bunch.

We Never Know

No Slack
It doesn't matter who is at fault.

It's just going to keep happening, unless we do something legislatively, or our society starts to really take some **** seriously. SMDH

I'm not pointing blame. What I'm saying is if your are a law enforcement officer and you respond to an active shooter killing kids in an elementary school and it takes you a hour and 20 minutes to confront the shooter,,, you might need a new career.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not pointing blame. What I'm saying is if your are a law enforcement officer and you respond to an active shooter killing kids in an elementary school and it takes you a hour and 20 minutes to confront the shooter,,, you might need a new career.
Yup.
We desperately need to mentally screen police, and probably yearly, to access many things, including how they handle pressure. The cops were probably scared. I'll give them that. But cops have to be able to overcome that if they are ever called into such a situation. These ones clearly don't have what it takes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do think such a tax, albeit not that high, would be a great way to fund such a thing. Sort of like putting cigarette taxes into healthcare research amd services.
We're not talking about a lot of money anyway.
Sophisticated keyboxes are cheap. Much more
so than Trump's ridiculous idea of turning all
schools into fortresses.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Yup.
We desperately need to mentally screen police, and probably yearly, to access many things, including how they handle pressure. The cops were probably scared. I'll give them that. But cops have to be able to overcome that if they are ever called into such a situation. These ones clearly don't have what it takes.
Or, screen gun buyers so police aren't in a situation as if they are in Ukraine. Police are not in a ready situation to face shooters in body amor and military type weapons.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Or, screen gun buyers so police aren't in a situation as if they are in Ukraine. Police are not in a ready situation to face shooters in body amor and military type weapons.
Police aren't in a situation even remotely comparable to Ukraine. An active shooter is one thing, an invasion is entirely different.
That's why militarizing the police is a bad idea. Gun buyers must be screened, and screened periodically (just as driver's licenses must be retested) because stuff happens and someone who is mentally fit today may become unstable tomorrow, but police are not in a warzone.