• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wahabism

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
If you have enough money, you could probably buy a fatwa. Salafi/Wahhabi Imams love giving fatwas and adding to Gods laws.
Really?

Ay, not much of a charge from a "Quranist" considering sunnah to you is even "adding to Gods laws"

F0uad

Really?

Ay, not much of a charge from a "Quranist" considering sunnah to you is even "adding to Gods laws"

Brother he or she makes a good point there are scholars who ''make'' fatwas who have experiences sometimes in other fields then the one they are making the fatwa about. There are also people who like to go Fatwa shopping however people here do not realize that Salafi's and Wahabi's are just Sunni's like you and me. I never met in my entire or spoken to someone who labeled himself such thing. The only thing they say is that they follow the prophet(saws) and learn from works as the great scholars Ibn Abdul Wahab. These people do not even label themselves with the names ''Salafi or Wahabi'' its us who are using these terms labeling them who are following true Islam what is under attack by the west, quranist and non believers criticizing them. I hope that the ''Sunnis'' here actually do the research and read the works of these great scholars before following the conjector of the West and these Liberal Anti Sunnah Muslims who try to miss-present real Islam. The number one tactic is to divide the enemy by labeling them differently. One should ask what Madhab and Fiqh was Ibn Abdul Wahab and hes followers following?

Last edited:

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
People in America call themslves salafi. Id perfer the simple term Muslim though.

Salafism shouldnt, in my opinion, even he conaidered a sect. Its simply an ideology to get back to the basics and rid bidah. I think the movements idology will save sunni islam as it educates amd teaches against bidah from others like sufi.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Btw, Ivmarried into a salafi family. Madhab isnt followed. The general rule is whatever is backed by sunnah and quran.

I think this ia best.

As for those who just make up fatwa, salafis aint the only ones. Shoot, sufi build shrines and worship on graves.

I think many like to point out the stains on others shirts, while forgeting the stain on their own.

F0uad

Thats odd since Wahabi do follow a Madhab yet they are connected to the Salafis...

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Thats odd since Wahabi do follow a Madhab yet they are connected to the Salafis...
Fom my understanding,
Salafi is synonymous with "wahhabi". And I ment they do follow madhab, just not a single one when shown another position to be more reliable towards quran and sunnah.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

Please remember that this is the Sunni DIR. Members outside of that faith are only allowed to ask respectful questions, as outlined in rule 10;

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

The Same Faith Debates subforum is specifically for debate between members of the same faith. Members that are not part of a same faith debate thread's selected faith may not post at all in those threads. The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple.

F0uad

Fom my understanding,
Salafi is synonymous with "wahhabi". And I ment they do follow madhab, just not a single one when shown another position to be more reliable towards quran and sunnah.

O ok well they are just Sunwahsalfi's? :D mixing the labels makes more sense..

Btw all Sunnis aka Wahhabi's aka Salafi's do the exact same thing as you mentioned, they follow a ruling based on what is more reliable and credible from each school(this is what i have been taught)

Last edited:

Ashraf

Considering the huge surge now in Saudi spreading the fanatical Wahabism across the globe should the forum have a separate board named Wahabism/Salafism?

We can't put it under Sunni because most of the sunni of the world have no connection at all to this strange creed.

Anyone agree it should have it's own board?

No I do not agree

Wahabism is not a sect, never was. It is a school of thought within the Hanbali mathhab.

zuhairabs

Wahabis are fitna that was started by non muslims to destroy muslims.
That is why wahabi give fatwas that if you kill one shia you will go to heaven. They are trying to create disputes between sunni and shia that they fight among themselves and die. So dont fall in the trap be a good muslim away from new regimes.
This is dua for end times to steadfast on true religion,
"Ya allaho ya rahamano ya rahim ya muqallebal quloob sabbit qalbi ala dinaik"

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It is a movement, not a sect or a denomination. It has the same beliefs of Islam but takes the strict approach.

Farrukh

In my area, brelvi/deobandi hanafi call themselves Sunni, though they have no knowledge of Sunnah, how those are not Sunni who know Quran and Sunnah very well?