• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WA To Ban Gas Vehicles

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Again, what good would wearing an asbestos suit be in such a scenario? It's difficult to extract someone from a burning vehicle while the vehicle is still burning. You'd get roasted to at least medium-rare inside an asbestos suit for four hours inside a continually burning fire.

That is one solution, but in the meantime, I think car manufacturers should focus on smaller, fuel efficient cars, not these huge behemoths people drive, unless they specifically need something that big, to tow a trailer or carry work equipment.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
After so many power grids failed during the cold snap a few months back they better get on the ball to ramping them grids up to supply for electric vehicles and bad weather.
Don't count on it. Knee jerk legislation is the hallmark of people who are continually shortsighted and emotionally triggered that makes life hard on everyone around them.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
That is one solution, but in the meantime, I think car manufacturers should focus on smaller, fuel efficient cars, not these huge behemoths people drive, unless they specifically need something that big, to tow a trailer or carry work equipment.

I really don't understand why each household member must drive a vehicle that could hold an elephant. Unless, of course, you own an elephant. And then it is reasonable. But I know exactly....zero people who have a pet elephant(though my sister has a Great Pyrenees).

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

Or if they are the Duggar family.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
They are going to have to find an alternative to the electric batteries that catch fire and take 4 hours to put the fire out. Do you think they can do that before the 9 year deadline?
If your concern is fire, I have some bad news for you about gasoline and engine oil.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's why I like diesel. You can throw a lighted match into diesel and it won't do anything.
So? Even with regular petro it's not the liquid but rather the fumes that are flammable, meanings it is possible to to toss a lit match into it and nothing happen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If they don't find a way to get more lithium, this may be a target they miss.
And it's more than just lithium.
Technology is great, but we seem to forget we need replacement materials yesterday for many of the raw materials that go into electronics. Several of them are in short supply, and some of the parts containing materials that are very rare and at most found at a few places on this planet, if that many.
The Disposable Culture that has allowed planned obseletion to thrive also must come to an end, along with the larger Consumer Culture as a whole. It just is not sustainable, nor is it realistic that we can continue on with this lifestyle that is murderous genocide to the Earth and all its inhabitants (this includes us).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not me. I know enough. That's how I got my Hazmat certification.
And yet you act like you can flick a match into a bucket of diesel and nothing will happen but yet do it a bucket of petro and, what? A bunch of nothing unless it's been disturbed in a way to put off the vapors that are flammable.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
And yet you act like you can flick a match into a bucket of diesel and nothing will happen but yet do it a bucket of petro and, what? A bunch of nothing unless it's been disturbed in a way to put off the vapors that are flammable.
I would much rather have a diesel-powered vehicle transport flammable materials than have an electric vehicle transport flammable materials. Your mileage may vary.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would much rather have a diesel-powered vehicle transport flammable materials than have an electric vehicle transport flammable materials. Your mileage may vary.
That all really comes down to design. Or, in short, the Ford Pinto and it doesn't matter what fuels the vehicle when bad and dangerous designs are released. A death trap is a death trap be it petro, diesel, or electric.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Diesel vapors are far more stable than petrol so petrol will always burn before diesel fuel because of petrols much lower flashpoint temperature.

It's why you can throw a match into a bucket of diesel fuel and it won't ignite the diesel nor the vapors above it.

Petrol will ignite the vapors well before the match reaches the fuel itself.

Last edited: