• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VP Pence should be angry at GOD for making people gay

sooda

Veteran Member
Buttigieg targets Pence in speech to LGBT lobby group and claims famously evangelical VP should be angry at GOD for making people gay

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, said if Vice President Mike Pence is …

• Pete Buttigieg said if Vice President Mike Pence is mad at people for being gay, it's God he should actually be angry at
  • Buttigieg is the first openly gay candidate for president
  • 'If you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he said
  • Vice President Mike Pence has a long record of opposing gay rights
  • Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, also said he can't believe evangelical Christians support President Donald Trump
  • 'I can't believe that somebody that was caught writing hush money checks to adult film actresses is somebody they should be lifting up as the kind of person they want to be leading this nation,' he said
  • Buttigieg has seen his star rise in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination with his criticism of President Trump
By Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:26 EDT, 8 April 2019 | Updated: 11:47 EDT, 8 April 2019

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, said if Vice President Mike Pence is mad at people for being gay, it's God he should actually be angry at.

'If me being gay was a choice it was a choice made far, far above my pay grade,' the South Bend mayor said Sunday at the LGBTQ Victory Fund event in Washington D.C.

'And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he added.

Buttigieg is the first openly gay candidate for president in U.S. history.

Buttigieg targets Pence in speech to LGBT lobby group | Daily Mail Online

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Considering he is most likely talking about the Hebrew God in the bible, he wants people to be anti-Semetic?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Buttigieg targets Pence in speech to LGBT lobby group and claims famously evangelical VP should be angry at GOD for making people gay

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, said if Vice President Mike Pence is …

• Pete Buttigieg said if Vice President Mike Pence is mad at people for being gay, it's God he should actually be angry at
  • Buttigieg is the first openly gay candidate for president
  • 'If you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he said
  • Vice President Mike Pence has a long record of opposing gay rights
  • Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, also said he can't believe evangelical Christians support President Donald Trump
  • 'I can't believe that somebody that was caught writing hush money checks to adult film actresses is somebody they should be lifting up as the kind of person they want to be leading this nation,' he said
  • Buttigieg has seen his star rise in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination with his criticism of President Trump
By Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:26 EDT, 8 April 2019 | Updated: 11:47 EDT, 8 April 2019

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, a breakout star of the 2020 campaign, said if Vice President Mike Pence is mad at people for being gay, it's God he should actually be angry at.

'If me being gay was a choice it was a choice made far, far above my pay grade,' the South Bend mayor said Sunday at the LGBTQ Victory Fund event in Washington D.C.

'And that’s the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he added.

Buttigieg is the first openly gay candidate for president in U.S. history.

Buttigieg targets Pence in speech to LGBT lobby group | Daily Mail Online

Nobody in his right mind should be angry towards somebody who isn't certainly known to really exist.

Besides that, there's nothing terribly wrong about being gay. ...Right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
PB seems to be jumping the gun in taking offense
at something Pence is alluded to have said.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
  • 'If you have a problem with who I am, your problem is not with me. Your quarrel, sir, is with my creator,' he said"
Neither PB nor anybody else knows the exact nature of who or what created our genetic coding; hence, it'd be rather meaningless or nonsensical to take up any quarrel against said "creator".

HonestJoe

Though to be fair, by his own argument, if Buttgieg has a problem with Pence disliking homosexuality, he should be angry at God for making Pence like that too. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mike Pence can go on televisions and correct his image by disavowing his anti-gay rhetoric and supporting the LGBT community.
Sure, he could.
But I doubt it will happen.
But Pete still seems to be over-reacting to non-specific slights

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Mike Pence can go on televisions and correct his image by disavowing his anti-gay rhetoric and supporting the LGBT community.

Kind of like when Trump disavowed the KKK over and over even years before he was president. Ask a person 150 times if they disavow something, the one time they ask "how many times do I have to disavow?" Then one can claim "so and so didn't disavow (insert the blank)"

The circus continues....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Kind of like when Trump disavowed the KKK over and over even years before he was president. Ask a person 150 times if they disavow something, the one time they ask "how many times do I have to disavow?" Then one can claim "so and so didn't disavow (insert the blank)"

The circus continues....
I still hear from intelligent well-informed liberal friends that Trump won't
disavow white supremacy. The problem is that these friends are
well-informed only in their echo chamber.....NY Times, NPR, etc.
They know what they're told by those who say what they want to believe.

If one doesn't bristle at half of one's sources, then one's horizons are
too limited. On the right, I'm annoyed by One America News (OAN).
On the left, it's NPR burning my bacon. But at least I see perspectives
other than my own.