• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your argument makes sense only if we assume the majority of people in our democratic societies have reached moral perfection thus accurately reflecting God's Will. My guess is that they haven't.
Who decides what is moral perfection is and what is not?
If the Hungarian people has decided to elect Orbàn, is that a moral decision?
I think some people might consider it immoral but that doesn't make it immoral.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ok, I understand you had a Lutheran upbringing.
So, what changes?
Christians are supposed to believe in the common good, not in the individualistic welfare of one or few people.
Lutherans believe in the common welfare too.
And that's how God manifest itself in that common welfare.

Yes and no. Yes, it is about welfare but there are variations, besides common elements.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Who decides is an irrelevant question. If the will of the majority is to equal God's Will, it has to be perfect since God's Will is perfect.
It is relevant.
Because there are elites who want to replace the People in the democratic process with the premise and false awareness that they are "enlightened". And that they are everything whereas the ignorant populace is nothing.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
It is on topic. Because I do believe that Orban is in charge by God's will.
Because he was elected by the 75 % of Hungarians, and Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

There is more to it than that and that is politics. We are doing majority and minority rights in the end and that is politics.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since I believe in this dogma: all that a people, a nation wants and desires, is God's will too. Because I believe in the sacred notion of populus, Volk, narod, ethnos.
And I know that if I go against the People's will, God will punish me.

So if a nation decides that Christians especially people like you are evil and need to be punished severely, before being horribly killed it's just God's will and you will voluntarily surrender yourself without hesitation.

NB: It also might be God's will that you resist..

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So if a nation decides that Christians especially people like you are evil and need to be punished severely, before being horribly killed it's just God's will and you will voluntarily surrender yourself without hesitation.

NB: It also might be God's will that you resist..
Yes. I would accept the people's verdict.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
An angry mob, fired up by fake news, trying to steal gunpowder and putting people's heads on pikes? :D
They took the Bastille because the army led by La Fayette took the cannons and pointed them at the fortress.
So it was not "an angry mob"...

Last edited:
They took the Bastille because the army led by La Fayette took the cannons and pointed them at the fortress.
So it was not "an angry mob"...

While negotiations were ongoing about turning France into a constitutional monarchy (which was probably what most people wanted), a riot started after a radical journalist, Camille Desmoulins, invented a claim the army was about to massacre thousands of people.

The rioters robbed thousands of weapons from the armoury, but needed gunpowder and ammunition.

They went to the bastille because it had these, they lynched its governor who tried to stop them and put his head on a pike.

It was a mob.

The Marquis la Fayette only took over the national guard after this.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
While negotiations were ongoing about turning France into a constitutional monarchy (which was probably what most people wanted), a riot started after a radical journalist, Camille Desmoulins, invented a claim the army was about to massacre thousands of people.

The rioters robbed thousands of weapons from the armoury, but needed gunpowder and ammunition.

They went to the bastille because it had these, they lynched its governor who tried to stop them and put his head on a pike.

It was a mob.

The Marquis la Fayette only took over the national guard after this.
And this should remind certain European elites of what happens when the law enforcement stops defending them and starts siding with the populace. Whom they despise.
God is always on the side of the populace.

And this should remind certain European elites of what happens when the law enforcement stops defending them and starts siding with the populace. Whom they despise.
God is always on the side of the populace.

Most of the populace probably sided with the moderate reformers, not the radicals who ended up instituting the Reign of Terror.

Those storming the bastille more reflect the latter.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Most of the populace probably sided with the moderate reformers, not the radicals who ended up instituting the Reign of Terror.

Those storming the bastille more reflect the latter.
With all due respect...but this is a religion thread.
Do you believe God's will manifests itself in the people?

With all due respect...but this is a religion thread.
Do you believe God's will manifests itself in the people?

No.

As with the French and Russian revolutions, and the Nazis, or Khmer Rouge the results are often not even the will of the people but the superior will and organisation of fringe groups who replace one elite with another.

Clara Tea

Premise: This is a religious debate thread. So it is from the point of view of religion, not politics.:)

Voice of People is voice of God.
Since I believe in this dogma: all that a people, a nation wants and desires, is God's will too. Because I believe in the sacred notion of populus, Volk, narod, ethnos.
And I know that if I go against the People's will, God will punish me. Since I don't want to go to Hell, I will respect any decision taken by a nation through referendums and elections, even if it is against my personal and individualistic wishes or stances.

Religion took over politics, and it is in the control of Satan. Therefore, a discussion of modern politics is totally a discussion of religion and nothing else.

Having taken over a nation, and wrecked it, we are supposed to shut up. We are supposed to let them take over the nation in the next election, too, and still shut up.

Satan:

1. merged religion with politics, and took over the most powerful nation.

2. pretends to be on God's side (claims to be "fighing the Axis of Evil)," though is evil (not fighting it).

3. used fear to defy God's ban on war ("these colors (red, white, and blue) don't run," "cut and run)." Double dog daring people to accept war without proof of terrorism. Used fear of North Korean nukes that could strike California to motivate war with North Korea (part of the phony Axis of Evil). Used fear of terrorism (and fear of Iraq) to "try to" lie about Niger supplying yellowcake Urananium to Iraq.

4. made torture camps. Tortured false confessions to bolster reasons to attack other nations.

5. used greed to take away Constitutionally guaranteed (and unalienable right) to sue (called the right of redress of grievances), claiming that frivolous lawsuits drove up hospital insurance costs which were passed down to patients.

6. took away privacy (tapped phones, hacked emails, got CIA to rewrite Wikipedia to hide crimes).

7. for mammon to the super-wealthy, destroyed God's environment with pollution, offshore drilling, and fracking), and claimed that Global Warming was a hoax.

8. required membership in the National Rifle Association (instruments of death) to get elected. Brainwashes the world into believing that other NRA members (even war heros) are against guns.

9. bears false witness against other politicians (Veternans for Truth's lies).

10. redefines words (torture never existed as redefined (redefined by John Woo, W. Bush's atty)....not even in Nazi Germany). Redefines "homeless" to deny homeless statistics. Redefines "hunger" to deny that there are hungry people. One could redefine up to be down, or redefine black to be white. Redefining is another way of lying.

We would be horrified if a foreign party (like Soviet communists) took over the politics of America. Yet, the Religious Right voted in huge numbers and took over the politics of America. As we speak, controlled by a small national group, many governors of many states are facing recall elections. Though they were duely elected, they are being blamed for the covid economy. Even scarier, we have to shut up, instead of pointing out that the Religous Right invaded and ruined the world.