• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vote For Trump. He Wont Let Owning A Bible Become Illegal

Lee Hays

You're the one who accepts History (it's not called the History Channel anymore) over Wikipedia. That channel has been mostly nonsense for about 20 years. Wikipedia is generally reliable. Editors keep up on pages and people who abuse the site get banned.

Well, yea when you put it that way.
I accept History over Wikipedia

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
You have no idea what you're talking about do you. Note that wasn't a question. The law is about otherising and excluding Muslims?
Is that why The National Council of Canadian Muslims made news yesterday that they're legally challenging the new bill? The bill you see would ban burqa's.
That bill prohibits the wearing of religious jewelery and garb!
Maybe search and find out about the bill first. That would help you.
...huh? The Muslims are challenging the bill because of precisely the reason I said. It bans their religious garb, the intent being to otherize and exclude them.

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
Anyone can edit Wikipedia
Actually Jim Bakker is a convicted felon as of 1989. He even served prison time. I watched the trial. After he was found guilty he was led out of the court weeping like a baby.
iu

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course there are many other sources available to learn about Jim Bakker. I remember when the Jessica Hahn scandal came out. How he recovered from that and his tax fraud is beyond me.

Kangaroo Feathers

Aww, you don't like to hear you're wrong. How 4 year old of you.
How am I wrong? You're in such a hurry to disagree with and belittle people, you don't even know what I said. Your big condescending attack reiterated the exact same thing I had just said.

Last edited:

SugarOcean

¡pɹᴉǝM ʎɐʇS
How am I wrong? You're so desperate to disagree with and belittle people, you don't even know what I said. Your big condescending attack reiterated the exact same thing I had just said.
You condescend and then accuse others. That's cute. You actually had no beef with my view of the Quebec law in the first place.
But feel free to target the Christians on board for your exercise in sarcasm. I deleted my post so as not to invite your animus but then saw you posted at the same time I was deleting.
Your hate for Christians stinks to the roof. But keep on hating. It eats you alive. Not us. This will be the last time we speak.
Petulant children bore me.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yea - your right, not protected pages

Let's ask wiki...

Anyone can contribute to Wikipedia by clicking on the Edit tab in an article. Before beginning to contribute, however, read some handy helping tools such as the tutorial and the policies and guidelines, as well as our welcome page. Creating an account offers many benefits. It is important to realize that in contributing to Wikipedia, users are expected to be civil and neutral, respecting all points of view, and only add verifiable and factual information rather than personal views and opinions. "The five pillars of Wikipedia" cover this approach and are recommended reading before editing. (Vandals are reported via the Administrator Notice Board and may be temporarily blocked from editing Wikipedia.)

Most articles start as stubs, but after many contributions, they can become featured articles. Once the contributor has decided a topic of interest, they may want to request that the article be written (or they could research the issue and write it themselves). Wikipedia has on-going projects, focused on specific topic areas or tasks, which help coordinate editing.

The ease of editing Wikipedia results in many people editing. That makes the updating of the encyclopedia very quick, almost as fast as news websites.

Read more at Wikipedia:About - Wikipedia

Kangaroo Feathers

You condescend and then accuse others. That's cute. You actually had no beef with my view of the Quebec law in the first place.
You were the one who attacked me over what I said about the Quebec law
But feel free to target the Christians on board for your exercise in sarcasm. I deleted my post so as not to invite your animus but then saw you posted at the same time I was deleting.
Your hate for Christians stinks to the roof. But keep on hating. It eats you alive. Not us. This will be the last time we speak.
Petulant children bore me.
I'm a Christian, so I don't know what you're talking about. Any hate is purely your projection.

Lee Hays

Let's ask wiki...

Anyone can contribute to Wikipedia by clicking on the Edit tab in an article. Before beginning to contribute, however, read some handy helping tools such as the tutorial and the policies and guidelines, as well as our welcome page. Creating an account offers many benefits. It is important to realize that in contributing to Wikipedia, users are expected to be civil and neutral, respecting all points of view, and only add verifiable and factual information rather than personal views and opinions. "The five pillars of Wikipedia" cover this approach and are recommended reading before editing. (Vandals are reported via the Administrator Notice Board and may be temporarily blocked from editing Wikipedia.)

Most articles start as stubs, but after many contributions, they can become featured articles. Once the contributor has decided a topic of interest, they may want to request that the article be written (or they could research the issue and write it themselves). Wikipedia has on-going projects, focused on specific topic areas or tasks, which help coordinate editing.

The ease of editing Wikipedia results in many people editing. That makes the updating of the encyclopedia very quick, almost as fast as news websites.

Read more at Wikipedia:About - Wikipedia

Awesome !!
Um, pretty easily? If you're not familiar with the term's actual meaning, you can read about it here:

Poisoning the well - RationalWiki

basically, saying "that source is unreliable" rather than addressing the content from the source, is called "well poisoning", and it's a logically fallacious argument.

But who said that source is unreliable?
I simply said - I don’t like Wikipedia as a source.
So - nope I’m not well poising -

Are you asking valid questions, or are you answering words that you put in someone’s mouth?

Kangaroo Feathers

Awesome !!

But who said that source is unreliable?
I simply said - I don’t like Wikipedia as a source.
So - nope I’m not well poising -

Are you asking valid questions, or are you answering words that you put in someone’s mouth?
When you said "anyone can edit wikipedia", if you weren't implying it is an unreliable source, what was your point?

Lee Hays

When you said "anyone can edit wikipedia", if you weren't implying it is an unreliable source, what was your point?

Not trying to make a point - just saying anyone can edit Wikipedia - I rely on Wikipedia all the time - I was just looking up punk bands of the 70’s....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I know - there is no such thing as aliens -
But the history channel has very good History stories.
And pawn starts also has awesome history stories.

I love the history channel -
But who said it’s more reliable?
Putting words in my mouth...
That would be very hard to prove. Now is there any reliable evidence for alien visitors to Earth? None that I know of.

Kangaroo Feathers

Not trying to make a point - just saying anyone can edit Wikipedia - I rely on Wikipedia all the time - I was just looking up punk bands of the 70’s....
O...kay. Well, thanks for keeping us all informed about wikipedia's paradigm. Thanks, I guess. .