• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

voodoo cross roads ritual except for altar ?

Jack Sum

Hi
Does anyone know of a crossroads ritual substitute ? I would like Papa Legba to reveal himself .I have an altar with offerings to him. unfortunately I cant do the crossroads ritual because I cant use my legs. Thus I am looking for an in house ritual . Thanks!

David T

Premium Member
Obvious. Listening to Eric Clapton playing crossroads. Even better, learning how to play the song.

Child Empress

Left-Hand Tantric Path
Hi
Does anyone know of a crossroads ritual substitute ? I would like Papa Legba to reveal himself .I have an altar with offerings to him. unfortunately I cant do the crossroads ritual because I cant use my legs. Thus I am looking for an in house ritual . Thanks!

Do you practice Voodoo (Louisiana/New Orleans), Vodou (Haitian/Caribbean) or Vodun (Traditional African)? You will probably have to try to alter it a little for yourself.

Dieudonne Bokor

Vodouisant
Hi

Hello Jack,

There are many "scripts" of Crossroads Rites available online.

There's a pretty good one that has an "Indoor" version that you may find useful in constructing one for yourself. Search for "Hoodoo Conjure Articles An Original Crossroads Ritual" and yyou' easily find it.

Please note that I said "for yourself". If you aren't constrained in your practices by being a member of a specific sosyete ("Voodoo/Vodou Church" for lack of better words) you can create your own Rite - but, proceed with caution and absolute respect. Do your research (and/or take up the info given in the page I linked) and you'll do fine.

Papa Legba is usually pretty easy to get along with, as long as he knows you're respecting him.

But he doesn't always come to an individual - even when you do everything right. The consistency of the Lwas' presences in reply to a sosyete's rituals, has to do with many group-performed songs, dances and other liturgical factors.

So persist, staying open in your heart & mind - as Papa Legba himself may tell you what you need to do/offer to get him to open the gate.

Bondye Beni Ou,
Dieudonne Bokor

Goodman John

You got to go to the real Crossroads- the intersection of Highways 8 and 1- in Rosedale, Mississippi.

15869095888_de98b266d3_b.jpg