• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Volodymyr Zelensky is going to fare well in the history books

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
After some recent successes in the east of the Ukraine in it's battle against invader Russia, President Volodymyr Zelensky, once a television comedian, in a Telegram post addressed to Russia said:

"Do you still think that we are 'one nation?' Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?

"You really did not understand anything? Don't understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?

"Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you.

"Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your 'friendship and brotherhood, but history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food ... and WITHOUT you!"
He is truly leading his people, and they are rising to his leadership. Bravo!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Let's hope overconfidence dosent override the better part of vigilance, strategy, and foresight.

exchemist

Veteran Member
After some recent successes in the east of the Ukraine in it's battle against invader Russia, President Volodymyr Zelensky, once a television comedian, in a Telegram post addressed to Russia said:

"Do you still think that we are 'one nation?' Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?

"You really did not understand anything? Don't understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?

"Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you.

"Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your 'friendship and brotherhood, but history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food ... and WITHOUT you!"
He is truly leading his people, and they are rising to his leadership. Bravo!
That guy really is the spiritual successor to Churchill. I've been amazed at his tenacity, his energy and the breadth of his activity. One moment he is encouraging morale at home, the next he is cajoling, or shaming, other countries into supporting Ukraine with more weapons and aid. And then he's making statements to Russia that set up what could be a bargaining position for the end game, whenever it comes. He never stops. I don't know how he keeps going. Arguably Putin's biggest single error, in this whole sorry business, was to underestimate Zelensky Some comedian! *

* Churchill's retort to Hitler's boast that he would wring Britain's neck like that of a chicken was: "Some chicken. Some neck."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That guy really is the spiritual successor to Churchill. I've been amazed at his tenacity, his energy and the breadth of his activity. One moment he is encouraging morale at home, the next he is cajoling, or shaming, other countries into supporting Ukraine with more weapons and aid. He never stops. I don't know how he keeps going. Arguably Putin's biggest single error, in this whole sorry business, was to underestimate Zelensky Some comedian! *

* Churchill's retort to Hitler's boast that he would wring Britain's neck like that of a chicken was: "Some chicken. Some neck."
Ukraine should be grateful for the present Russian incompetence.

Suave

Simulated character
The People's Republic of Donetsk's democratic majority as well as the People's Republic of Luhansk's democratic majority should have the right of self-determination by referendum of the people deciding their state's sovereignty, or alliance with Russia or Ukraine. Neither Zelensky and N.A.T.O. nor Putin should decide that!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The Republic of Donetsk's democratic majority as well as the Republic of Luhansk's democratic majority should have the right of self-determination by referendum of the people deciding their state's sovereignty, or alliance with Russia or Ukraine. Neither Zelensky nor Putin should decide that!
I assume you also would approve of the majority in the South having decided to succeed from the union in the Civil War days as well as the right of Wales to decide they want out of the UK as well as (any number of other minorities in various places).

Suave

Simulated character
I assume you also would approve of the majority in the South having decided to succeed from the union in the Civil War days as well as the right of Wales to decide they want out of the UK as well as (any number of other minorities in various places).
Yes, perhaps we would have agreed with a sovereign Confederacy of States as well as we can agree with a referendum for the Welsh democratic majority exercising their right of self-determination.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A successful war.
I hope it continues until Russia's soon abject defeat.
Yeah, I'm glad Putin didn't get the easy victory that was anticipated for him, but lets not forget Zelensky wasn't thought of that highly before this war. According to some sources he didn't even bother warning his people of this pending invasion.
It's like people rewriting Bush Jr's image to make him look better after Trump.

Suave

Simulated character
Really? Even if the majority of the Confederates had voted for (edit) *Secession*? For all I know, the 19th century version of me might have very well respected the Southern folk right of self-determination. (edit-adenium) *By the way, if you Californians were to vote for a California nation, I'd move there!*

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Really? Even if the majority of the Confederates had voted for Succession? For all I know, the 19th century version of me might have very well respected the Southern folk right of self-determination.
Self-determination to prevent the self determination of an entire race and legally relegate them to a position of less than **** should not be tolerated and should be opposed.
If anything Lincoln should have banned the flying of those treasonous flags, especially for state flags.
Amd keep in mind, slavery was their issue. Respecting their right to self determination is giving them approval to do things there way, which was slavery at the cost of society at large.

Suave

Simulated character
Self-determination to prevent the self determination of an entire race and legally relegate them to a position of less than **** should not be tolerated and should be opposed.
If anything Lincoln should have banned the flying of those treasonous flags, especially for state flags.
Amd keep in mind, slavery was their issue. Respecting their right to self determination is giving them approval to do things there way, which was slavery at the cost of society at large.
I'm confident the Confederates could have ultimately abolished slavery without there having to be a Civil War

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The People's Republic of Donetsk's democratic majority as well as the People's Republic of Luhansk's democratic majority should have the right of self-determination by referendum of the people deciding their state's sovereignty, or alliance with Russia or Ukraine. Neither Zelensky and N.A.T.O. nor Putin should decide that!
Trouble is, this is rather open to movements of people so as to ensure such regions do decide to join some other state. And if so, would this ensure more or less peace in the world? Given that language speaking is hardly the only thing which might or should decide such things. The UK would win a lot more land area if such was the premise. :oops:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm confident the Confederates could have ultimately abolished slavery without there having to be a Civil War
Maybe, but it's a fact they held preserving slavery as a very important goal, one they must be willing to fight to preserve. It's also very likely they wouldn't have because some places in the South are still very racist, and if Indiana still has places with the Sunset Town mentality I'll just assume it's still alive in the South as well.

Suave

Simulated character
Maybe, but it's a fact they held preserving slavery as a very important goal, one they must be willing to fight to preserve. It's also very likely they wouldn't have because some places in the South are still very racist, and if Indiana still has places with the Sunset Town mentality I'll just assume it's still alive in the South as well.
Please let us keep in mind the Confederacy's trading partners, the Union states, Great Britain and France, likely would have been insistent on the end of slavery as part of a trade agreement, effectively persuading the Confederacy to abolish their slave trade

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Please let us keep in mind the Confederacy's trading partners, the Union states, Great Britain and France, likely would have been insistent on the end of slavery as part of a trade agreement, effectively persuading the Confederacy to abolish their slave trade
Not likely as the the CSA was being stupid about it and clinging onto slavery, to the point they still believed it the proper state for black people even after others had abolished it. They even had the audacity to claim the North would eventually come to realize they are wrong and the South is correct about slavery.