• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Voices from the inner committee

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"the kingdom of heaven is within you"-- Christ

Today the committee says:

Best to suffer misery than turn to drugs that make it worse after a brief reprieve.
Keep the suffering and a sober mind, and tolerance to the suffering grows. Let it grow into a mustard tree.

You are a walking shrine, a temple, a refuge to the souls of suicides, and the victims of tragic deaths, that no Pope would ever canonize.

No one cares about, pays homage to, or exalts them , but few chosen for this vocation that appears total madness to most. when you receive holy Communion it's to them Treasures of holy Eucharist that exalts, enriches, and perfects them.

if one can be a temple where the spirit of God dwells, one can be a temple where other spirits well. As in Shintoism, millions dwell in shrines of wood, so to can they dwell in shrines of flesh.

The sounds of their sufferings and brutal atonement are heard by the ears of a few eccentric chosen one's who are viewd as mad.
For them, bring on the suffering to console them and make them smile. They in turn give remedies back.

They are worth being rejected from the whole world for.
They are my perfected friends and family , and are rewarded by my suffering as they suffer purgatory and are perfected and remolded (transformed).

And those redeemed ask for heavier crosses from their servants, for the agonizing who are undergoing purification plus redemption.

And everyone at RF could care less about it, or think you are nuts. So does everyone else. Get used to it!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Another comittee said:
You are worthless and God hates you go kill yourself! Go do drugs!

I try not to listen to that one though have listened to most of my life so it grew powerful.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you care what others think about you, you should have never becomed a Catholic or join any religion for that matter.

Caring what other people think is literally opposed to almost every religion that exists.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Your mention of the "committee" reminds me of the book "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" about a girl dealing with mental illness who had a set of accusatory voices attacking her repeatedly.

It also had a short chapter about the result of great pain. If you plan to read that book, chapter 24 which I insert below might be a spoiler so I'll do the needful:

Her dream began with winter darkness. Out of this darkness came a great hand, fisted. It was a man's hand, powerful and hollowed by the shadows of the wells between bones and tendons. The fist opened and in the long plain of the palm lay three pieces of coal. Slowly the hand closed causing within the fist a tremendous pressure. The pressure began to generate a white heat and still it increased. There was a sense of weighing, crushing time. She seemed to feel the suffering of the coal with her own body, almost beyond the point of being born. At least she cried out to the hand "Stop it! Will you never end it! Even a stone cannot bear to this limit... even a stone...!"

After what seemed like too long a time for anything molecular to endure, the torments in the fist relaxed. The fist turned slowly and very slowly opened.

Diamonds. Three of them.

Three clear and brilliant diamonds shot with light, lay in the good palm. A deep voice called to her, "Deborah." And then, gently, "Deborah, this will be you."

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
If you care what others think about you, you should have never becomed a Catholic or join any religion for that matter.

Caring what other people think is literally opposed to almost every religion that exists.
Nobody should care what everybody thinks, but everybody does. :p
Maybe the trick is to not take it too seriously.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
If you could stay sober for a year, I think your illness could go into remission as long as you take your meds and don't go on med holidays!!

Spiderman

Veteran Member
If you could stay sober for a year, I think your illness could go into remission as long as you take your meds and don't go on med holidays!!
That year of sobriety seems impossible. I need to be locked inside a cell for that.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I think your problems are severe enough from what you have said about them, that I would recommend going to AA meetings religiously, you don't have a lot of other positive options IMHO

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Pride and narcissism are terrible. Somehow some way uproot these vices which have controlled you all your life

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Your mention of the "committee" reminds me of the book "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" about a girl dealing with mental illness who had a set of accusatory voices attacking her repeatedly.

It also had a short chapter about the result of great pain. If you plan to read that book, chapter 24 which I insert below might be a spoiler so I'll do the needful:

Her dream began with winter darkness. Out of this darkness came a great hand, fisted. It was a man's hand, powerful and hollowed by the shadows of the wells between bones and tendons. The fist opened and in the long plain of the palm lay three pieces of coal. Slowly the hand closed causing within the fist a tremendous pressure. The pressure began to generate a white heat and still it increased. There was a sense of weighing, crushing time. She seemed to feel the suffering of the coal with her own body, almost beyond the point of being born. At least she cried out to the hand "Stop it! Will you never end it! Even a stone cannot bear to this limit... even a stone...!"

After what seemed like too long a time for anything molecular to endure, the torments in the fist relaxed. The fist turned slowly and very slowly opened.

Diamonds. Three of them.

Three clear and brilliant diamonds shot with light, lay in the good palm. A deep voice called to her, "Deborah." And then, gently, "Deborah, this will be you."
So did her suffering produce the diamonds?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"the kingdom of heaven is within you"-- Christ

Today the committee says:

Best to suffer misery than turn to drugs that make it worse after a brief reprieve.
Keep the suffering and a sober mind, and tolerance to the suffering grows. Let it grow into a mustard tree.

You are a walking shrine, a temple, a refuge to the souls of suicides, and the victims of tragic deaths, that no Pope would ever canonize.

No one cares about, pays homage to, or exalts them , but few chosen for this vocation that appears total madness to most. when you receive holy Communion it's to them Treasures of holy Eucharist that exalts, enriches, and perfects them.

if one can be a temple where the spirit of God dwells, one can be a temple where other spirits well. As in Shintoism, millions dwell in shrines of wood, so to can they dwell in shrines of flesh.

The sounds of their sufferings and brutal atonement are heard by the ears of a few eccentric chosen one's who are viewd as mad.
For them, bring on the suffering to console them and make them smile. They in turn give remedies back.

They are worth being rejected from the whole world for.
They are my perfected friends and family , and are rewarded by my suffering as they suffer purgatory and are perfected and remolded (transformed).

And those redeemed ask for heavier crosses from their servants, for the agonizing who are undergoing purification plus redemption.

And everyone at RF could care less about it, or think you are nuts. So does everyone else. Get used to it!

Might be time to send your 'committees' on a fact finding junket to, oh, IDK, Tahiti, maybe?