• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vitamin B12 deficiency

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There are many causes. Trouble is to pinpoint the right one. Also, people do vary on what's normal for them. So one needs to look at the symptoms more than the numbers ... not just in B12, but in blood pressure, cholesterol, iron, etc.

Symptoms are tricky too though, because many things will cause parallel symptoms.

I had totally normal (within normal range) on most everything they regularly test for, and still had a mild heart attack. Individuals vary, said the docs.

smith annie

I hope you will get well soon if you have low levels of vitamin b12 nutrient in your body. There are many natural sources to increase the level of vitamin b12 like eggs, meat, and cereals. But as you told that you have started taking b12 shots I don't know of which company you have purchased this vitamin b12 shots. If you still suffering apply my tried and tested formula. I gave myself ''super MIC B12 shots'' for about 1 month without any pain like injections and atrust me there is no side-effects of these oral shots. If you want faster results to increase your B12 from 138 to more than 200 scale buy Lipotropic Liquid Supplement online through Buy Super MIC B12+ | Lipotropic Shots | B-vitamins | Bioceuticals Inte. I am sure you will be happy with the results.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
A vegan diet can cause the deficiency, or even a vegetarian diet if not done properly.
And even a diet with meat, eggs, dairy and fish is no guarantee to stay free of the definciency.
I take B12 once daily in a pill mixed through my smoothy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yep, I haz it. Doc's office called with my routine blood work results. My B12 is 138 on a scale of 200-350. I have to go once a week for 4 weeks for a B12 shot. I guess he'll re-test after that. I have to take 1 mg of folic acid. B- b- but I take a super mega B complex supplement, and I eat red meat! Well, apparently that don't mean a rat's hoo-ha. So why the B12 deficiency? Welllll... I take lamotragine (Lamictal), an anti-epileptic as a mood stabilizer for bipolar and depression. Guess what lamotrigine is well-documented for... yeah, vitamin B12 deficiency.

But here's the rub... Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause bipolar and depression. So which came first, the chicken or the egg (actually the egg because chickens are dinosaurs and dinosaurs laid e... oh nevermind). Am I on lamotrigine because of a B12 deficiency (can take years to develop) causing bipolar, or was I put on lamotrigine erroneously when my bipolar and depression could be caused by an idiopathic B12 deficiency? I guess we'll find out after the shots and follow-up blood tests.

B12 deficiency can also cause tingling in hands, light-headedness and vertigo, fatigue, including the aforementioned mood swings and depression, all of which I experience. The tingling in my hands, light-headedness and vertigo are supposed to be from nerve compression in my neck (herniated discs), but now I'm not so sure.
Thanks for this post. My housemate is on the same medication. That may explain some of her issues.