• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

vise grip / knife multi-tool

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I need a multi-tool that has:

- a decent locking pliers (like a vise-grip)
- a knife
- a philips head and a flat head screwdriver

I got the vise grip version. It was inexpensive, and sadly, it's just not a good tool. I found the "Leatherman Crunch", and it looks AWESOME, but it's crazy expensive.

I can't seem to find anything between these two ends of the price/ quality spectrum.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

- a knife

I got the vise grip version. It was inexpensive, and sadly, it's just not a good tool. I found the "Leatherman Crunch", and it looks AWESOME, but it's crazy expensive.

I can't seem to find anything between these two ends of the price/ quality spectrum.
I tried the Vise Grip tool too.
I'll be giving it away.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've got one that's marginally adequate for simple situations but I can't recommend it to anyone else.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

- a knife

That sounds fabulous.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
You get what you pay for and sometimes you pay more for what you get.
In my experience tis better to spend extra on something that will last you than buy five cheap ones
Same thing with "Swiss army" type knives, it might do 50 things but does it do any of them well?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

- a knife

What you need is a Manchester screwdriver, good for almost any task

poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

- a knife

I was given an original Leatherman Tool over 20 years ago and have carried it ever since. It has been remarkably useful, but I have not looked at all the others that have been developed since. I would imagine that many improvements could have been made over that period. I still recommend the Leatherman Tool, but they are expensive.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
You get what you pay for and sometimes you pay more for what you get.
In my experience tis better to spend extra on something that will last you than buy five cheap ones
Same thing with "Swiss army" type knives, it might do 50 things but does it do any of them well?
That is another long-time resident of my pocket. I have found that for a lot of what I need, that and the Leatherman Tool have been adequate for the job.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So you have a problem with the working class aye... hmmmm this says much about you! :grinning:

What problem? A Manchester screwdriver is a very useful too, i admire those who can handle one properly

So what does it say about me?