• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Viral Video - Young Iranian Protestors Knock Turbans Off Clerics' Heads

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, according to YouTube, it's only had 5.3k views, so maybe it's not that viral, but it did get my attention.

The comments seem relatively mixed, as some are supportive and understanding of the struggles faced by the Iranian people, whereas others are saying it's misguided and wrong.

I don't think there's any dialogue to be heard in the video, but I didn't care much for the musical score, so I muted the sound. Still, it's an interesting form of protest, even if not entirely peaceful.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
. وَقَالَ (عليه ‏السلام): يَوْمُ
الْمَظْلُومِ عَلَى الظَّالِمِ أَشدُّ مِنْ
يَوْمِ الظَّالِمِ عَلَى الْمَظْلُومِ

"241. Amīr al-mu’minīn, peace be upon him, said: The day of the oppressed over the oppressor will be severer than the day of the oppressor over the oppressed."

(Nahj al-Balagha, Shia Hadith)

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
The above saying is a grave warning from the first Shi'ite Imam Ali, which the Ayatollahs of Iran should be cognisant of after four decades of dictatorship. It's the message of their own religious texts.

Lenin's Soviet Union introduced novel ideas like the dictatorship of the proletariat that violated even the original Marxism and so did Khomeini's Islamic Republic of Iran with its unorthodox Vilayat-e-faqih theocratic system (Guardianship of Islamic Jurist i.e. religuous autocracy under a Supreme Leader and Mullahs):

Nahj al-Balagha - Wikipedia

Nahj al-Balagha (Arabic: نَهْج ٱلْبَلَاغَة Nahj al-Balāghah, 'The Path of Eloquence') is the best-known collection of sermons, letters, and sayings attributed to Ali ibn Abi Talib, fourth Rashidun Caliph, first Shia Imam and the cousin and son-in-law of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad. It was collected by al-Sharif al-Radi, a renowned Shia scholar in the tenth century AD (fourth century AH).

[1] Known for its moral aphorisms and eloquent content, Nahj al-Balagha is widely studied in the Islamic world and has considerably influenced the field of Arabic literature and rhetoric

Guardianship of the Islamic Jurist - Wikipedia

Wilāyat al-Faqīh is associated in particular with Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini[3] and the Islamic Republic of Iran. In a series of lectures in 1970, Khomeini advanced the idea of guardianship in its "absolute" form as rule of the state and society. This version of guardianship now forms the basis of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which calls for a Vali-ye faqih (Guardian Jurist), to serve as the Supreme Leader of that country.[4][5]

Under the "absolute authority of the jurist" (velayat-e motlaqaye faqih), the jurist/faqih has control over all public matters including governance of states, all religious affairs including even being able to (temporary) suspend religious obligations, such as the salat prayer or hajj.[6][3] Obedience to him is more important (according to proponents) than performing those religious obligations.
The fate of Soviet Communism's Dictatorship of the Proletariat in 1991 will come one day for the Iranian regime:

Last edited:

JIMMY12345

Well, according to YouTube, it's only had 5.3k views, so maybe it's not that viral, but it did get my attention.

The comments seem relatively mixed, as some are supportive and understanding of the struggles faced by the Iranian people, whereas others are saying it's misguided and wrong.

I don't think there's any dialogue to be heard in the video, but I didn't care much for the musical score, so I muted the sound. Still, it's an interesting form of protest, even if not entirely peaceful.
I support the Iranians.However probably not a good idea. Particularly with widespread use of CCTV.