• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Violence in mixed Israeli cities

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I don't understand your comment. The infographic in the OP is referring to civilian on civilian violence.
You seem to be exerting a great deal of effort explaining/defending a propaganda meme of questionable credibility. We would all benefit from learning the source of its 'statistics.'

I don't know how caught up you are on the actual going-ons in Israel, but the police have basically done a USA and stepped aside, ...
When it comes to handling aggrieved minorities you might wish to rethink comparing Israel's military and police with those in the U.S.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
More than 200 Palestinians, including 61 children, have been killed in heavy air strikes so far, and more than 1,400 people are wounded, Gaza’s Health Ministry said.

At least 12 people in Israel have been killed in rocket attacks launched from Gaza.

Doesn't back up your stats.

Source: Israel-Palestine: EU foreign ministers to call for ceasefire
As explained to others in this thread, the thread is not about the war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza and the Lebanese border, but violent riots in mixed Israeli cities. When I say Israeli, I mean that all people involved are card-carrying citizens of the State of Israel, unlike the people in Gaza, who are not citizens, i.e. foreigners.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You seem to be exerting a great deal of effort explaining/defending a propaganda meme of questionable credibility. We would all benefit from learning the source of its 'statistics.'
Surprisingly, it's taking much more effort to explain to people that there are two separate violent situations in Israel now and that this thread is about one and not the other. Should I take it that the American media has not reported anything about the situation in Lod, Acre, Haifa and other such cities?
As for its source, I linked one source in my reply to @ImmortalFlame.
When it comes to handling aggrieved minorities you might wish to rethink comparing Israel's military and police with those in the U.S.
Why? Last summer the American police literally took a knee as violent riots swept the US. Now in Israel, the Israeli police has stepped aside. Young volunteers are the only people defending the people of Lod.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the source!

Unfortunately, I still can't seem to locate on this page the actual source for their numbers. It may just be Google translate being terrible. Is there anything indicating where his numbers come from?
It seems his source is him keeping count of the incidents. He's the police-issues reporter of Walla News. If you click his name, you'll see that everything he's written over the last week or so is about these riots.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Dude, now you are literally off-topic on this thread. No deflection, just two different issues. Related issues, but different nonetheless. Don't like the fact that Arab citizens of Israel are beating up Jewish citizens of Israel? Then leave the thread.
And just like during the BLM protests in America, with a swift rhetoric sleight of hand, we have transformed armed right-wing paramilitaries in service of a supremacist ethnostate ideology into hapless victims of "ethnic" violence!

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
If these figures are accurate why is it that this is not reported in the News?
The stats always are around deaths and the Arab deaths always outnumber the Jewish.
Are the death stats accurate I wonder?
The prevailing narrative among the Netanyahu regime and its supporters is that all media who doesn't support them are either anti-Zionist or a full-on Antisemitic.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
For those for whom the source comes off as somewhat opaque, Walla! is owned by Israeli communications giant Bezeq, a company with close ties to the Netanyahu family that has been implicated in Netanyahu's ongoing corruption scandal. The news outlet itself has a very openly pro-Netanyahu stance and has been accused of dropping news stories that would make his administration look bad, even allowing Netanyahu's office to edit his interviews prior to publication.

So that's the quality of journalism and political stance of the source in the OP.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Seems your statistic report skipped voilence. Done. By Jews. Toward Arabs. So. It's fake. And. Bias.

Orbit

I'm a planet
Israeli graphic artist Or Reichert put out some infographics comparing the Jewish to Arab violence with the Arab to Jewish violence of the last week in Israel. I took the liberty of translating one of them into English:

View attachment 50661

Some food for thought for those who believe that the violence on both sides is equal. Stats are from last night.

Actual information and context about the topic is here:
As the Palestinian minority takes to the streets, Israel is having its own Black Lives Matter moment

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Should I take it that the American media has not reported anything about the situation in Lod, Acre, Haifa and other such cities?
It has been reported, but I would characterize the reporting as shallow.

As for its source, I linked one source in my reply to
@ImmortalFlame.
It would help if you could find something more credible than the unconfirmed notes of some Walla! reporter.

Why? Last summer the American police literally took a knee as violent riots swept the US.
This conversation is hopeless.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Why? Last summer the American police literally took a knee as violent riots swept the US. Now in Israel, the Israeli police has stepped aside. Young volunteers are the only people defending the people of Lod.
So I take it you are going to argue that the NYT was spreading antisemitic lies again when they reported that "[t]he authorities have declared a state of emergency in the town of about 80,000 people and imposed a night curfew" and that "[a]rmed border police officers, brought in from the occupied West Bank, were deployed"?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Surprisingly, it's taking much more effort to explain to people that there are two separate violent situations in Israel now and that this thread is about one and not the other.
Not surprisingly, your attempt at posting pro Israel propaganda without repercussion has failed. (I can't think of any other reason why you should have chosen to post the heavily biased graphic.)
Interestingly, aside from a few partisan voices, the majority is keeping neutrality and just calling your bias out without taking sides.
I'm kind'a proud of RF.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Let me just say that I trust Netanyahu as much as I trusted Trump.
Trump didn't have an ongoing corruption investigation he needed to avert by staying in power, nor did he ever have the opportunity to completely stall any potential coalition of his political opponents by simply declaring a war. I'm convinced that, if anything, we should view Netanyahu's actions and motives as more suspect than Trump's by a substantial margin.

This is a guy who has kept afloat in politics for decades by cynically stoking racism, exploiting political polarization, and fuelling pro-war sentiments.

Flankerl

The world has gone to ****. People are too far up their own butt to understand a simple picture with simple words.

Which was almost an entire week ago.
A normal person would perhaps think that facts can change in the mean time.
But no it's just a lying Jew.

Not surprisingly, your attempt at posting pro Israel propaganda without repercussion has failed. (I can't think of any other reason why you should have chosen to post the heavily biased graphic.)
Interestingly, aside from a few partisan voices, the majority is keeping neutrality and just calling your bias out without taking sides.
I'm kind'a proud of RF.

Meanwhile absolutely no one has posted a source to disprove the picture.

The resident wife beater (yeah I still remember your first thread habibi) posted random videos while everyone else wrote about the war with Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes to the "occupied West Bank" bit, but no to the rest. But now ask yourself what actually happened during the curfew. Did that help? Were the police really patrolling around and stopping all rioters? And why did it take so long to impose such a curfew?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Meanwhile absolutely no one has posted a source to disprove the picture.
I didn't question the truth of the numbers, I questioned the selection.
And I question the intention. As I said elsewhere, I have no sympathy for either side in the conflict, and a guy who murdered father and mother and then asks for mercy for a poor orphan isn't going to win my sympathy.
On the contrary. This tactic is only showing @Harel13's partisanship and his inability of self-awareness. This illusion of being the only righteous party (which, of course, both sides are guilty of) is what keeps the conflict alive and peace impossible.
You should have a look at the reactions in this thread and question yourself if the tactic to win sympathy by lying by omission is working. For what I am seeing is that you don't sway anyone, the only thing that's happening is that you're ruining your reputation.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't question the truth of the numbers, I questioned the selection.
And I question the intention. As I said elsewhere, I have no sympathy for either side in the conflict, and a guy who murdered father and mother and then asks for mercy for a poor orphan isn't going to win my sympathy.
On the contrary. This tactic is only showing @Harel13's partisanship and his inability of self-awareness. This illusion of being the only righteous party (which, of course, both sides are guilty of) is what keeps the conflict alive and peace impossible.
You should have a look at the reactions in this thread and question yourself if the tactic to win sympathy by lying by omission is working. For what I am seeing is that you don't sway anyone, the only thing that's happening is that you're ruining your reputation.
The thread wasn't an attempt to gain support. It was an attempt to present facts in a concise form. At least, that was the original intent. I then discovered that the world knows next to nothing about the Israeli riots and that multiple members here are unable to differentiate between Israeli Arabs and non-Israeli Arabs, yet somehow are perfectly capable of diffentiating between Egyptian Arabs and Syrian Arabs. It would be sheer naiveté of a level even I'm incapable of to believe that the multiple Israel-haters of RF would make a 180° turn from a lowly thread about riots.