• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Violence in mixed Israeli cities

A Vestigial Mote

Israeli graphic artist Or Reichert put out some infographics comparing the Jewish to Arab violence with the Arab to Jewish violence of the last week in Israel. I took the liberty of translating one of them into English:

View attachment 50661

Some food for thought for those who believe that the violence on both sides is equal. Stats are from last night.
So, if the Jewish people aren't burning cars and homes, then how are they continuing to seize land? Must be through some ultimately peaceful and amenable means, right? Right? Isn't that where we're trying to get to with this kind of graphic?

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, rioters throw more rocks than the police and military, which begs the question: why?
I don't understand your comment. The infographic in the OP is referring to civilian on civilian violence. I don't know how caught up you are on the actual going-ons in Israel, but the police have basically done a USA and stepped aside, while the military is focused on the situation in Gaza, Lebanon, Judea and Samaria.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And yet people paint the Jews as being the bad guys.
Those OP figures are artfully chosen & misleading.
Israel has a powerful military force to attack others,
so there'd be no need to make Molotov cocktails in
synagogues. It's simply a false comparison.

I notice the lack of death & injury totals for Jews
vs others. Those would be illuminating numbers.
Trying to hide &/or excuse this wanton violent
oppression tells me that Israel is on a determined
path to continue the status quo.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Those OP figures are artfully chosen & misleading.
Israel has a powerful military force to attack others,
so there'd be no need to make Molotov cocktails in
synagogues. It's simply a false comparison.
Read the news. The military hasn't stepped in.
The police have hardly done anything.
I notice the lack of death & injury totals for Jews
vs others. Those would be illuminating numbers.
I can get death numbers and can try to get injury numbers. I'm not a journalist, but I can try. May be illuminating, as you say. But I'll only have time tomorrow.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Read the news. The military hasn't stepped in.
The police have hardly done anything.
Oh, really.
I wonder who did this....perhaps it's just a leaky gas line?
No, multiple reliable news sources show Israeli military
bombing buildings & tunnels.
I can get death numbers and can try to get injury numbers. I'm not a journalist, but I can try. May be illuminating, as you say. But I'll only have time tomorrow.
Such reports of disparate results are common....
67 killed in Gaza, 7 killed in Israel as UN warns conflict could turn into 'full-scale war' - CNN
Excerpted....
Israel's bombing campaign in Gaza has now killed at least 67 people, including 17 children, and injured more than 388 more, according to the Gaza-based Palestinian health ministry. Israel says at least 15 of the dead were Hamas militants.

49 Dead, Hundreds Injured Amid Warning Israeli-Palestinian Violence Escalating Toward ‘Full-Scale War’
Excerpted....
The death toll in Gaza rose to 43 Palestinians, including 13 children and three women, according to the Health Ministry, with nearly 300 others wounded.
Meanwhile, at least six Israelis have died, including three women and a child, and dozens of others have been injured from what the Israeli military has estimated to be 1,050 rockets fired by militants over the course of the week.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, really.
I wonder who did this....perhaps a leaky gas line?
Well now I'm truly amazed. I mean, I spent multiple posts trying to explain to you the difference between non-Israeli Arabs and Israeli Arabs and yet you still conflate the two. This thread is NOT about the war with Hamas. It's about inter-Israeli riots.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well now I'm truly amazed. I mean, I spent multiple posts trying to explain to you the difference between non-Israeli Arabs and Israeli Arabs and yet you still conflate the two. This thread is NOT about the war with Hamas. It's about inter-Israeli riots.
This deflects from the issue of Israeli oppression
& deadly violence towards non-Israeli Arabs, Israeli
Arabs, & Palestinians. Labels are not the issue.

You'll not conquer or subdue them by continuing
oppression & violent retribution, which only inspire
violent resistance.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
This is deflection from the issue of Israeli oppression
& deadly violence towards non-Israeli Arabs, Israeli
Arabs, & Palestinians. Labels are not the issue.
Dude, now you are literally off-topic on this thread. No deflection, just two different issues. Related issues, but different nonetheless. Don't like the fact that Arab citizens of Israel are beating up Jewish citizens of Israel? Then leave the thread.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a response, sure. But it has nothing to do with the OP.
Inviting me back into the thread, eh. OK.
The OP misrepresents the violence in Israel by making
it about irrelevant statistics, eg, the number of Molotov
cocktails made in synagogues. (Israel makes munitions
in factories....no synagogues needed.)
To challenge the OP's unsourced & incomplete numbers
(which ignore more significant things like death & injury)
is indeed on-topic, & not thread derailment. You put this
in a debate forum....so be prepared for challenges.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Inviting me back into the thread, eh. OK.
The OP misrepresents the violence in Israel by making
it about irrelevant statistics, eg, the number of Molotov
cocktails made in synagogues. (Israel makes munitions
in factories....no synagogues needed.)
To challenge the OP's unsourced & incomplete numbers
(which ignore more significant things like death & injury)
is indeed on-topic, & not thread derailment. You put this
in a debate forum....so be prepared for challenges.
The challenges don't bother me. I'm trying to explain to you why you're conflating two separate issues. It would be like conflating last summer's George Floyd riots in the US with a (hypothetical) war between the US and the Zimbabwe. Correlation? Dark-skinned people of African origin. Relevance? Next to nothing. One's about violence between citizens of the US within the boundaries of the US and one's about a war between the US and a foreign enemy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The challenges don't bother me. I'm trying to explain to you why you're conflating two separate issues. It would be like conflating last summer's George Floyd riots in the US with a (hypothetical) war between the US and the Zimbabwe. Correlation? Dark-skinned people of African origin. Relevance? Next to nothing. One's about violence between citizens of the US within the boundaries of the US and one's about a war between the US and a foreign enemy.
I don't buy your analogy.
Zimbabwe is on the other side of the
world, & not involved in US troubles.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Jewish reporters report a side of the story that favors Jews. Palestinians and Muslims note the side of the story that favors their side.

And the carnage and suffering on both sides goes on endlessly because the one thing that is most critical is to take anger and fear and make the other side suffer horribly as if inflicting suffering will solve anything.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Dude, now you are literally off-topic on this thread. No deflection, just two different issues. Related issues, but different nonetheless. Don't like the fact that Arab citizens of Israel are beating up Jewish citizens of Israel? Then leave the thread.
Jewish citizens of Israel (settlers) are beating up on Arab citizens of Israel. If that's not valid for this thread, have fun with your propaganda thread - it's not about even handed truth but about pushing a false narrative.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't buy your analogy.
Zimbabwe is on the other side of the
world, & not involved in US troubles.
That's a deflection. I said it was a hypothetical. You're conflating Israel's foreign relations with Israel's internal relations.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Jewish citizens of Israel (settlers) are beating up on Arab citizens of Israel. If that's not valid for this thread, have fun with your propaganda thread - it's not about even handed truth but about pushing a false narrative.
Jews in Lod are "settlers"? Jews in Jaffa are "settlers"? Jews in Acre are "settlers"? Jews in Haifa are "settlers"?

Last edited: