• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Violence in Charlottesville, Virginia

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
To be honest, both sides were acting like fools in the footage I saw. Both sides were macing each other, throwing stuff and picking fights. Personally I don't like the BLM types, either. They're nasty people and racial agitators, too, many times. So both sides share plenty of the blame here. Dr. King would be ashamed.
How many people were killed by the anti-racist protesters today?

Dr. King was killed by a racist bigoted terrorist. And racist bigoted terrorists killed three people today in Charlottesvile. Don't equate the two sides, and don't invoke the name of Dr. King like that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

Dr. King was killed by a racist bigoted terrorist. And racist bigoted terrorists killed three people today in Charlottesvile. Don't equate the two sides, and don't invoke the name of Dr. King like that.
Excuse me, but I was going by what I saw. Dr. King would surely be upset by the violent actions of the violent far-left agitators here. Violence from either side is unacceptable and needs to be denounced. What happened to class and dignity?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I don't think many of you understand. Trump has a history of racism especially his housing discrimination in 1970:

FBI releases file on 1970s Trump housing discrimination case

Trumps father is also a racist and was associated with the KKK:

In 1927, Donald Trump’s father was arrested after a Klan riot in Queens

Donald Trump was also the main proponent of the birther movement, a movement that has inherent racist motives trying to make Obama seem like a foreigner as opposed to an American born citizen. Considering no other president since the 13 colonies has ever had their citizenship questioned, the first black president in this country all of a sudden could possibly be a foreigner? I've known Trump to be a closeted racist since the late 90's and not surprised now that he will not take a tough stance on David Duke and the alt-right. I suggest holding your breath on his calling out the white nationalists.

Edit: To the poster complaining about BLM, perhaps you want to go here:http://blacklivesmatter.com/

Skwim

Veteran Member
Both sides are brain-dead stupid.

The White Nationalists and their supporters for their cause, and all those who brought all the more media attention to it by their protests. It would have been a lot better if the protestors had stayed home and let the meat heads have their day in silence.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Both sides are brain-dead stupid.

The White Nationalists and their supporters for their cause, and all those who brought all the more media attention to it by their protests. It would have been a lot better if the protestors had stayed home and let the meat heads have their day in silence.

Good point. There's a group of racist Black Hebrew Israelites who like to bother people in front of the Statehouse here. Some people get into shouting matches with them but that just gives them free publicity, especially as they record them and it gives them a chance to promote their views. I find ignoring them and giving them looks of disdain is best. (I yelled at them once but it's not like it changed anything.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Then you don't support my right to not be harassed by law enforcement (which I have walking home from campus) or the random stops I get from cops without probable cause.
I'm not white (neither are some of the cops that BLM rails against), so don't go there. Don't act like you must support partisan groups like BLM in order to be against racial profiling or police brutality. I'm against both and I also support cops. I'm not into the lunacy from either side.

Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes it sucks to be right.

Maybe THIS will be the wake-up call that gets through and the insanity can de-escalate. I remain dubious.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I've been following this all day. I've seen quite enough.
Maybe you need a better news source. This is not personal, but clearly, you have missed something here. Three people are dead. Not three random people, there were no deaths on the other side. Yes, both sided may have been "acting like fools" as you say. But only one side was "acting like terrorists". Only one side took human lives today. Please, have some perspective.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Maybe you need a better news source. This is not personal, but clearly, you have missed something here. Three people are dead. Not three random people, there were no deaths on the other side. Yes, both sided may have been "acting like fools" as you say. But only one side was "acting like terrorists". Only one side took human lives today. Please, have some perspective.
Both sides are responsible for the escalation in violence. It takes two to tango. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

Flame

Beware

Any proof? I've been digging for awhile now there has been no new info released about the driver of the car. While the helicopter crash was mentioned only as that, a crash.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Any proof? I've been digging for awhile now and the helicopter crash has only been mentioned as that, a crash; while there has been no new info released about the driver of the car.
I can't find a link at the moment, but I have seen a few people interviewed on CNN who reported that the driver deliberatly targated the anti-protesters. Described as a white man with close cropped hair who deliberately drove his car into people.

Just keep paying attention.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't find a link at the moment, but I have seen a few people interviewed on CNN who reported that the driver deliberatly targated the anti-protesters. Described as a white man with close cropped hair who deliberately drove his car into people.

Just keep paying attention.
Witnesses also described the vehicle as having no plates which was wrong.

If this was planned, throw him in a dark hole for a long time.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm not white (neither are some of the cops that BLM rails against), so don't go there. Don't act like you must support partisan groups like BLM in order to be against racial profiling or police brutality. I'm against both and I also support cops. I'm not into the lunacy from either side.

"I'm not white" whoa there buddy who said anything about what ethnic group you belong to? I was merely highlighting my experiences as this is what BLM is fighting against. I for one, support BLM. I'm a part of the Black student Union at the University of Southern California. We do a lot of inner city work and discussions regarding violence in the inner city (the irony considering these discussions regarding BLM tends to drift towards "black on black crime"). However, I'm well aware of many people of color who align themselves with the "majority" and their views on inner city movements.