• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video: Steve Jobs unveils the 1984 Macintosh

Skwim

Veteran Member
"Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has died at the age of 56, leaving behind the legacy of an empire that revolutionised modern computing as we know it.

Jobs passed away after a battle with serious health problems, including pancreatic cancer. Apple paid tribute to him with a statement that read, "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives … The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

One moment that really captures that energy and passion is when a young Jobs introduced the original Macintosh in front of a spellbound audience in 1984. The rare footage went missing for a period over 20 years and was only restored in 2006, to coincide with the 21st birthday of Mac. In the video, it is clear to see the brilliant innovator in Jobs as he tells the audience, "all the pictures you are about to see on the big screen will be generated by what's in that bag."

See history in the making and remember one of technology's greatest masterminds in the video, below."
source

[youtube]2B-XwPjn9YY[/youtube]
Ah, the good old days. :beach:

silvermoon383

My first computer was an old Macintosh Plus. We still have it and it runs, but something's wrong with the screen (it only comes up as a single line.) I keep telling my dad we should take it to the Genius Bar to get it fixed.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I did my school work in class on one of those. Now, as an IT guy, I support a computer lab of Macs in the school system I work for. Steve was awesome. I'm more of a PC/Linux guy but I have to give respect where respect is due. Mac is awesome.