• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video of pig protecting his friend from the butcher block

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
A video of a heroic pig gallantly protecting his friend from the butcher block...

Best would be if people who eat meat, kill the animal themselves. I did it when I was fishing, when young. I was taught so by my father. I was not even aware of the violence I committed to the poor animal. Probably I blocked out those feelings. Years later when I started a vegetarian lifestyle, I became more aware.

Eating meat does shut off a part of our ability to feel compassion and empathy. It must, otherwise we would feel the pain of the animal we kill (or indirectly kill by eating it). If that part is shut off, obviously we are less in tune with our feelings. So, IMO for the world to become "peaceful" it is a must that humans become vegetarian. But I see the world as a school to learn. And like normal schools there will always be different classes and different subjects, hence I do not believe that we will get global Peace on Earth (all humans at peace) ever. Personally people can make the choice though.
@stvdvRF

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Which is why pig gas chambers are so popular in the industry.

- Captcha
That was quite a while ago, that I saw such videos. Horror to watch, these poor animals being violently killed.

And imagine this blood, filled with fear, anger and hate is eaten afterwards by humans. After all we are/become what we eat.

Amazing that the Koran already told us. Science will become aware of this also I think, and I hope soon there will be a shift towards vegetarianism.