• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

No*s

Captain Obvious
carrdero said:
GAMING TIP OF THE DAY
Mrscarrdero says: Solve the games you have now before going out and buying more.

This makes much sense to me. You do not have to be the first person on the block to own a game. I have so many games now that I do not think I will be able to start and finish them before the next generation consoles comes out let alone finish them in this lifetime. Wait until the game comes down to a realistic price of $19.99 or less before you purchase it. Not only do you get a good bargain but there are a great many games that I could not afford when they were the regular price of $49.99 so backtracking when these games are affordable allows me to sample and solve some really great classics.

Sound advice. I don't think I'll ever all my Rogue-likes. The RNG hates me :D.

No*s

Captain Obvious
To triumph over the RNG? No, it'll always find its way to win...at least for some time :).

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
For about a year, I was-

mithra.gif

Ieara, a Mithran in the online RPG FFXI. I sometimes miss the game, but there just weren't enough interesting people (like here).

I love the entire FF series, Kingdom Hearts... Pretty much everything SquareSoft. I loved Xenogears, and Xenosaga. Am currently playing 'Breath of Fire' II for the GBA.

I'll probably get mocked for this, but truest to my heart are the "Harvest Moon" games. No conflict, no drama... just farming. A lot of virtual farming.

SoulTYPE

FeathersinHair said:
Pretty much everything SquareSoft. .
SECRET OF MANA! No*S get your butt in here! A squaresoft fan!

Runs out and buys feathers flowers and worships her!...

.....more so ;)

No*s

Captain Obvious
Nope, no mocking about HM. I tried them a few times and didn't like them though.

The only MMORPG I ever played was Everquest (back when I still ran Windows)...and I will never play another one. RF doesn't destroy my attempting to do other duties, but EQ did just that lol. It was too addictive for me, so I had to put it away.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I'm not just a Square-Enix man, but I like Bioware, Bethesda, etc. :). S-E has been pushing my tolerance levels, though, as more and more RPGs are mostly video :(.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Great Moments In Gaming History

Alright, I’m checking your memory banks up against this one and at the same time exposing a great deal of my age but during the “16 bit era” (Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo) NEC Electronics produced the Turbo Grafix-16 a standard home console design that incorporated games that were stored on “chips/cards”. They had games like Bonk, Neutopia, Splatterhouse, Devils Crush Pinball, Y’s I&II. They eventually released a CD player (one of the first gaming consoles to do that) and a superior handheld called the Turbo Grafix Express that used the same game chips from the home console and displayed the highest quality TV screen I have ever witnessed in a handheld even to this day. Ingenious!! If anyone remembers this system, drop in and tell us what your favorite games were.

I’m betting Soultype01 knows what I am talking about.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I remember it, but I never got my mitts on it, sadly. It always looked like so much fun, and the TG16 ported some great games to the other consoles.

cardero

Citizen Mod
No*s writes:I remember it, but I never got my mitts on it, sadly. It always looked like so much fun, and the TG16 ported some great games to the other consoles.
Some of the most memorable games and the fondest moments of my life were spent playing that system.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
SoulTYPE01 said:
Harvest Moon.....ahh "thinks of Harvest moon girls"
*giggles* Well, there were a few cute HM guys, too... but you had to play as a guy, so you couldn't flirt with them. (Unless there's a cheat out there that I'm not aware of that allows you to do this... *looks curious*)

One of my favorite characters is...
smallpopuri.gif

No*s

Captain Obvious
carrdero said:
Some of the most memorable games and the fondest moments of my life were spent playing that system.

My youth system was the SNES. I spent a ton of time on Square RPGs and Street Fighter. Super Bomberman (one of those great TG16 ports) was the best party game I knew of lol.

cardero

Citizen Mod
No*s writes: My youth system was the SNES. I spent a ton of time on Square RPGs and Street Fighter. Super Bomberman (one of those great TG16 ports) was the best party game I knew of lol.
There was a time when Nintendo was supposed to put out a handheld that played all of it's Super Nintendo library cartridges, sort of in the spirit of Sega's Nomad (which I still retain) but it never came to pass. I would have bought it just to play all those great SNES RPG's. In the light of the fourthcoming PSP it is a shame that Nintendo had to wait 15 years later before getting a half way decent handheld.

No*s

Captain Obvious
carrdero said:
There was a time when Nintendo was supposed to put out a handheld that played all of it's Super Nintendo library cartridges, sort of in the spirit of Sega's Nomad (which I still retain) but it never came to pass. I would have bought it just to play all those great SNES RPG's. In the light of the fourthcoming PSP it is a shame that Nintendo had to wait 15 years later before getting a half way decent handheld.

I remember reading rumors about that. I would have also liked it for Street Fighter. That PSP, though, looks nice...and the PSX had its share of RPGs :D. I tried the new Gameboy with the touchpad (can't remember the name), and it seems quite promising.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Video Game Invasion: The History Of Global Domination

DVD/ Color/ 120 Mins./ NR/ 2004

Directed by: David Comtoise

Starring: Tony Hawks

Skateboarding icon Tony Hawk plays host for this entertaining documentary chronicling the video-game craze and how it mushroomed from a pastime for computer mavericks to a multibillion-dollar business. Beginning with Pong in the 1970s and industry luminaries such as Atari co-founder Nolan Bushnell, the film explores each era of gaming -- from coin-operated classics through the evolution of sound and graphics to the modern home-computer market.

This is a well researched history of our gaming generation. It was good to see games like StarCastle and Gorf. They do not leave any home consoles out. From the Magnovox system to the Fairchild to Colecovision right up to the PS2 this documentary covers it all. They talk about benchmark games as well as interview famous game designers. Tony Hawk is pretty stiff as a host but is passionate about the subject material. Covering 2 hours worth of information, it is interesting to see how far the technology has progressed and where it will be heading.