• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

DarkSun

:eltiT
FFVIII is coming up for me. It spans 4 discs and it does look interesting. That wasn't a spoiler you posted was it?

If you can figure out the full untainted meaning behind what I said before the very end of the credits, then you're a genius.

I kind of got a vague idea of where the game was headed, but no, if I'd read what I said before seeing the very end of the game, then I wouldn't have understood.

By the way - I won't say why, but after the part of the game where the credits start rolling; I strongly suggest you keep watching. The credits are only about ten minutes long at most, and afterward, you'll be surprised... I still cry every time I see it; and I'm not usually very emotional over that sort of thing.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
For all of those intersted, take a look at these:

crunchyroll - Final Fantasy VII Ending + Advent Children Teaser
FFVII Ending

YouTube - Cloud VS Sephiroth - Advent Children (English) ~ FFVII AC - Sephiroth Versus Cloud

crunchyroll - Final Fantasy VIII - Complete Ending
- FFVIII ending

YouTube - ffx yuna Dance
- FFX: Most Beautiful Piece of Animation Ever.

~*~

While we're on the topic of video games, has anyone seen any anime? ^__^

I love Anime. I have been watching Death Notes but lost track.

DarkSun

:eltiT
Death Note is very clever, actually.

Did you pick up on the symbolism behind the Shinigami eating apples? They seemed to be equating the Death Note to original sin and human flaw. That was really quite clever.

And the whole concept of killing people for justice was discussed pretty well. I found that pretty interesting. The death penalty is shown to be wrong, because who are we, really, to play God? Questioning that was a great idea.

Where'd you get up to in Death Note? Light Yagami scares me.... o_O

Anyway....

I'm currently debating whether to buy a bunch of manga so that I can jump ahead a bit in Naruto Shippuuden.

YouTube - Naruto Episode 80 clip - Best. Scene. Ever.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Death Note is very clever, actually.

Did you pick up on the symbolism behind the Shinigami eating apples? They seemed to be equating the Death Note to original sin and human flaw. That was really quite clever.

And the whole concept of killing people for justice was discussed pretty well. I found that pretty interesting. The death penalty is shown to be wrong, because who are we, really, to play God? Questioning that was a great idea.

Where'd you get up to in Death Note? Light Yagami scares me.... o_O

Anyway....

I'm currently debating whether to buy a bunch of manga so that I can jump ahead a bit in Naruto Shippuuden.

YouTube - Naruto Episode 80 clip - Best. Scene. Ever.

I got Death Note, and I agree it is really clever, I just ended up missing a bunch of episode is all. What Manga were you thinking about? And you can just skip to Naruto Shippuuden, you don't need all the filler for it.(maybe we should also make a new thread for this ^_^)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm loving Lost Odyssey, it's made by Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker(before Mistwalker he was with Square and the creature of Final Fantasy). I haven't played a good RPG(or any RPG) in a long time.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Right now I'm playing "Castlevania: Curse of Darkness" on the PS2. It was hard to get into at first, but once you start leveling up your Innocent Devils, it becomes addicting. I think I'm about 60% done with it. Not as good as "Lament of Innoncence," but still decent so far.

I also have to finish the "Rondo of Blood" remake on the PSP. Definitely not as good as the original, but still worth a shot.

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I watch cardero play God of War 2 when he plays it at home.
I find watching him play soothing even though I curse a lot.
muttley.gif

Yes peeps. That's how I deal with stress. Cursing as cardero plays.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I cuss like a sailor when one of my games is ticking me off. :flirt:

BTW, God of War 2, rox. :bow: Tell Pat to let us know how he liked it.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Finished GOW II last night..

To be continued.....

What the F***!!
I know!!!!!!!

I bought GoW 1 and 2 at the same time. Played my *** off and finally I got to see that to finish the story I need to buy the one console I do not own :eek:
Also the most expensive btw..<_<

cardero

Citizen Mod
I know!!!!!!!

I bought GoW 1 and 2 at the same time. Played my *** off and finally I got to see that to finish the story I need to buy the one console I do not own :eek:
Also the most expensive btw..<_<
Be honest Bouncing Ball, but did you ever have to go into easy mode when they prompted you in GOW II (I can't even remember if this was an option in the first game)?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
Be honest Bouncing Ball, but did you ever have to go into easy mode when they prompted you in GOW II (I can't even remember if this was an option in the first game)?
By being really honest here, I can't remember being asked :confused:. Normally I just do normal mode or at least keep settings at default. After that I take a higher difficulty if I play it a 2nd time. I did play GoW1 in a higher difficulty, but I played GoW2 only at the default difficulty.

O.. I remember trying GoW1 at the highest difficulty, I also remember that I tried for only 5 minutes and gave up :p

cardero

Citizen Mod
By being really honest here, I can't remember being asked :confused:. Normally I just do normal mode or at least keep settings at default. After that I take a higher difficulty if I play it a 2nd time. I did play GoW1 in a higher difficulty, but I played GoW2 only at the default difficulty.

O.. I remember trying GoW1 at the highest difficulty, I also remember that I tried for only 5 minutes and gave up :p

You and Mister T do not remind me of the type of gamers that would take this route.

I would spend about hour going through a difficult area, each mistake making up cuss words in a language that even the devil himself couldn't pronounce and at every 4th or 5th attempt, a screen would come up and mock me and offer to take me to an easy mode. I wouldn't bite. All I could picture was a cute baby Kratos playing patty-cake with baby monsters and then after winning, giving the monster a bouquet of flowers or sharing a milkshake with hearts coming out of their heads as a finishing move.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
LOL, when a game is too hard on me, I usually just play harder. I can't get frustrated that easilly.
Some friends of mine do, so I just invite them around :D Costed me a joypad once though, but their anger calms me down pretty much!

But ehr, not to raise your anger again, but spending an hour on one area? I guess that was hard difficulty as well :p