• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video Games

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm playing though Mass Effect for the 2nd time. Not sure when my next games is going to be or when I get one so I might play though a 3rd time. Yes it's thought good.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I'm playing though Mass Effect for the 2nd time. Not sure when my next games is going to be or when I get one so I might play though a 3rd time. Yes it's thought good.

Just beat Mass Effect again yesterday. So when I was out shopping for new work boots I stopped at Gamestop and found Prey Limited Edition box(with everything still in it) for $10, and the Collector Box of Gears of War also(but for not $45 not $10 ^_^ ).

So I got both Gears of War and Prey. Going to go play Gears.

Troublemane

My online addiction for two years has been City of Heroes! [ City of Heroes Community Site,] (and to a lesser degree, the companion game, City of Villains) You get to fly around and protect the city and beat up bad guys, its alot of fun. I was about to quit a few weeks ago because they made some seriously bad (i thought) changes to the game that ruined several power sets, but they then announced that in the next free upgrade (issue 12) there will be 2 new powersets for each hero and each villain archetype. WoW, I can't quit playing it now! Darn them! Darn them to HECK!

cardero

Citizen Mod
What video game genre would you not play? RTS, FPS, RPG, Sport games, racing games, platform, action, adventure, puzzle. What kind of game will I never see in your collection?

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
What video game genre would you not play? RTS, FPS, RPG, Sport games, racing games, platform, action, adventure, puzzle. What kind of game will I never see in your collection?
Sports. I've never been a fan of sports games. To me they're just.....boring and unappealing. Madden 08 looks the same as Madden 07 and so on.

I'm not too big on racing either, with the exception of Mario Kart.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Sports. I've never been a fan of sports games. To me they're just.....boring and unappealing. Madden 08 looks the same as Madden 07 and so on.

I'm not too big on racing either, with the exception of Mario Kart.

Same here. You've seen one you've seen 'em all. Although, I can get into the Gran Turismo series just because when I play the game, it's the closest thing I'll ever be to driving $100,000+ cars and then tuning them so that they're as fast as Nascars. Gran Turismo and Need for Speed are the only 2 games from the racing genre I can get into.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da

Sports and Racing games. Not a fan at all of them.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I'm not a big fan of Real Time Strategies (Warcraft, Starcraft). I am not really a tactical kind of guy. The first one I ever played all the way through was X-COM UFO Defense (PS1). I enjoyed that series but not enough to delve into the genre. Racing games are also out for me but I must admit I do enjoy sports games. I loathe all kinds of sports and watching them on TV but there is something to be said about participating in them. I am not the one who buys a Madden video game every year but I may let 5 years go by before purchasing the next one. I have a friend who does not play or enjoy any video games (doesn't even own a video consoles) but he will meet me half way with the sports games (and he is very good at them too). You won't see Barbie, The Olsen Twins, Hannah Montana in my collection. I am through with simulation games (the only game I ever dabbled in was Creatures for the PC). Brawlers and Fighters (Street Fighter, Soul Calibur), I am really not into this though you can find a Battle Arena Toshinden (PS1) in my collection. mrscardero likes the puzzle games but I won't get into them becasue they do not have a big enough pay-off.

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
TES: Morrowind

TES: Oblivion

My favourite games of all time.

I have a lot of good memories from Morrowind... sigh... I miss college...

Morrowind also has a great theme song. Nothing like having travelled for miles (literally) in the rain to find a place and getting over the brow of a hill to find the rain is clearing, your destination is in sight and then the music kicks in... nothing in gaming has come close to matching Morrowind for me.

YouTube - TES3 Morrowind Music: Special

WooHoo!
See if we can keep this thread alive. Right now I am finishing up Castlevania: Lament Of The Innocence and I must say I enjoy this 3-D perspective of the franchise. I have Star Wars Knights Of The Republic for the PC (unopened for about two months) but I may want to wait till I get a new laptop to play it. I bought Viewtiful Joe for Gamecube because I have heard so many good things about it which should be my next venture. Mrscarrdero and I are going through three games together. Champions Of Norrath (PS2), Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles (Gamecube) and we just got a co-worker friend of hers interested (hooked actually) in helping us out for X-Men Legends (Gamecube). Mrscarrdero does not explore 1 Player games by herself but we do enjoy the co-op games together.

Great thread Jewscout and remember kids cheaters never prosper.:tsk:

star wars knights of old republic 2 is probably the best game i have ever played so much to do and when you create a light sabre for the first time it is orgasmic. is that OT. i dont care that game rules!!!

I try not to use strategy guides and cheats but sometimes i just can't get around it....like pretty much any final fantasy game i've played. It's like you have to buy that strategy guide or you'll never find all the stuff you need to win.
On a personal note...Final Fantasy X is an excellent game, the best i think since F.F.VII. However the pourly thought out sequel, FF X-2 was horrible. I mean it's a good game but compared to the franchise is ****e! It should have been called Final Fantasy: the side quest, because that's all that it is!
i agree FF10 was an amazing game and the sphere grid made it, but i agree it is near on impossible to find all the last limit breaks and their final weapons unless you have the strategy guide.

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
star wars knights of old republic 2 is probably the best game i have ever played so much to do and when you create a light sabre for the first time it is orgasmic. is that OT. i dont care that game rules!!!

Must....reply......

You have either not played KotOR 1 or don't care about the starwars story itself.
The gameplay in KOTOR 2 was improved a bit compared with 1, but you can seriously not mean that you liked 2 more than 1.

I mean the story wasn't even finished! There are complete sections just missing :cover:

DarkSun

:eltiT
The PS series of Final Fantasy has some of the single greatest characters and story-lines to ever exist.

The Legend of Zelda series is pretty neat, but it got old fast with the whole Zelda/Ganon thing. They needed to get a new twist on it all. Majora's Mask was a turn in the right direction, but it all went downhill from there.

My favourite quotes from a videogame... Let me think.

"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..." (Sheik - LoZ: OoT)

"The rising sun will eventually set.
A newborn's life will fade.
From sun to moon, moon to sun...
Give peaceful rest to the living dead." (Song of Sun poem - Royal Family's Crypt - LoZ OoT)

"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting shall follow. But that parting needs not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short while... that is up to you." (Mask collector - LoZ: MM)

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."
(Sephiroth - FFVII)

"You are just a puppet. You have no heart and cannot feel any pain."
(Seiphroth - FFVII)

"The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the Earth."
(Vincent - FFVII)

~*~

Cloud: "Do you know where Promised Land of the Acients is...?"
Aeris: "You don't 'know' where the Promised Land of the Ancients is. You search and travel, until you feel it. Like you just know, '... this is the Promised Land.'"

Cloud: "Aeris... can you feel it too?"

Aeris: "I think so."

~*~

Lady:
You're crying....

Dante: It's just the rain.

Lady: The rain's already stopped....

Dante: Devils never cry.

Lady: I see...

*Pause.*

(Devil May Cry III)

~*~

Nero: I was lost in the darkness, and everyone around me suffered. Then like a light, a voice echoed: "Power... give me more... power...." And If I become a demon, then so be it! I will endure the exhile! I will do anything, as long as I can protect her!

*Flings Yamato through the air and the shock wave blasts a hole in the roof.*

(Devil May Cry IV)

~*~

You are the demon! Not me! (Nero - Devil May Cry IV)

There are others but I'll stop there. =P

DarkSun

:eltiT
i agree FF10 was an amazing game and the sphere grid made it, but i agree it is near on impossible to find all the last limit breaks and their final weapons unless you have the strategy guide.

I think you're all neglecting Final Fantasy VIII. That game was pure awe.... ^_^"

I guess I was a sucker for the story, though. Rinoa was annoying to start with - but the whole thing was so sweet....

Gosh that ending still does my head in, though.

Was it all a figment of their memories or did love save the day?

=P

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
O yay, favourite quotes. I forgot!

Can think of only one now though..

"LIttle C4 knocking at your door"
Done by crazy Ivan in RA2 :p

cardero

Citizen Mod
I think you're all neglecting Final Fantasy VIII. That game was pure awe.... ^_^"

I guess I was a sucker for the story, though. Rinoa was annoying to start with - but the whole thing was so sweet....

Gosh that ending still does my head in, though.

Was it all a figment of their memories or did love save the day?

=P
FFVIII is coming up for me. It spans 4 discs and it does look interesting. That wasn't a spoiler you posted was it?