• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very Confused Person Here

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
People often try on different religions like they are trying on different coats. That's OK. Some of us are attracted to a certain aspect or concept within a religion and have embraced and even modified those beliefs to fit us. I did this and have embraced the love of Christianity while rejecting the hate and judgement inherent with a lot of it. I'm sure there are a lot of ways to find your path, but if I may be so bold, you should take a lesson from how I teach people to buy Scuba Gear: Fit and Comfort. You've got to look past the colors, the various styles, the coolness and such, and make sure it fits YOU and that you're comfortable with it. I've seen so many people blow this with Scuba gear and they always get frustrated. Someone tells us what a great mask they found and how it has revolutionized their diving. Good for them. Does it even fit me? Are their distracting leaks or does it pinch my nose? How comfortable is it? Does it seem to be hard to turn my head in the water? Is it easy to see out of and to clear of water if I need to?

I have talked with a number of people who are apologetic about their faith. They are clearly disturbed and/or embarrassed about the people they are associated with. I always come away from such talks with the feeling that their faith just doesn't fit them. Take your time. Explore your possibilities. Ease into belief system and don't be afraid to say "NO!" Having a faith isn't a human requirement for happiness, so take it with a grain of salt or even the whole shaker. Do what's best for YOU.