• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verses from the Pyramid Texts that caught my attention.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
EDIT: I put it in my own, first person words and decided to add that interpretation before the inspiration.

Greetings to Khepri who created himself, who comes into being in thy name of Khepri. I have come into being. Nephthys praises me: “you have equipped yourself as the Great-in-magic, Set. Nothing is lacking in thee, nothing ceases with thee. You are more glorious and powerful than the gods of Egypt and their spirits. You are equipped as Set, who mightily broke forth. Set, who is more powerful than his father. If you go Horus goes, if you speaks Set speaks.”

Horus has caused me to recognize Set in myself without him getting away, to seize the hand of Set without him escaping. My arms are like those of Set when he ascends and lifts himself to the sky. I have escaped the day of my death as Set escaped the day of his death. I am as Set, who once suffered want and decided to live on the being of every god, who ate their entrails when they were full of magic. I send Khonsu to slaughter the gods and bring me their entrails, Khonsu is the messenger I send forth to punish. I have thrown Osiris to the ground, I have left Horus behind me. Nuit opens the heavens to me and places me among the imperishable stars. I look down upon Osiris, I stand far from him. I am not of the, I shall not be of them. Let not Osiris come in his evil coming, do not open your arms for him, let him be gone.

I ascend to the heavens and the heavens rejoice for me. The earth quakes for me, the storm roars for me. I howl like Set and the doors of heaven open for me between the two thighs of Nuit. Set and Nephthys announce me to the gods: “he has come as an imperishable spirit, if he wishes your death you shall die.”

203a. He accepts ("takes on") his opponent and stands up, the great chief, in his great kingdom;

203b. Nephthys praised him when he seized his opponent:

204a. "Thou hast equipped thyself as the Great-in-magic, Set, who is in Ombos, lord of the land of the South;

204b. nothing is lacking in thee; nothing ceases with thee,

204c. for behold thou art more glorious, more powerful than the gods of Upper Egypt and their spirits.

205a. Thou whom the pregnant brought forth, as thou didst cleave the night,

205b. thou art equipped like Set, who mightily broke forth".

212a. Thou hast come into being, thou hast become high, thou hast become content;

144b. Thou art conceived, Set by Geb; thou art more ba than he, thou art more śḫm than he.

153a. Set and Nephthys, hasten, announce to the gods of Upper Egypt and their spirits:

153b. "N. comes, an imperishable spirit;

153c. if he wills that ye die, you will die; if he wills that ye live, you will live."

237a. To say: The serpent which came forth from the earth is fallen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen.

250a. This N. comes to thee Nut; this N. comes to thee Nut.

250b. He has thrown his father to the ground; he has left Horus behind him.

250c. His two wings are grown as (those of) a falcon; (his) two feathers as (those of) agmḥśw-falcon.

250d. His ba has brought him (here); his magic power has equipped him.

251a. Thou openest thy place in heaven, among the stars of heaven;

251b. thou art the only star, the companion of Ḥw; thou lookest down on Osiris,

251c. as he commands the spirits. Thou standest there far from him.

251d. Thou are not of them; thou shalt not be of them.

397a. N. is the bull of heaven, who (once) suffered want and decided (lit. gave in his heart) to live on the being of every god,

397b. who ate their entrails (?) when it came (to pass) that their belly was full of magic

402a. It is "Khonsu who slaughters the lords (gods)," in that he beheads them for N.,

402b. and takes out for him what is in their body.

402c. He (Khonsu?) is the messenger whom he (N.) sends forth to punish.

409a. N. has dawned again in heaven; he is crowned with the Upper Egyptian crown as lord of the horizon.

582a. Horus has caused that thou recognize him (Set) in himself without his getting away from thee;

582b. he has caused that thou seize him with thy hand without his escaping from thee.

782a. To say: Great lady (Nut), who didst become heaven, thou didst become (physically) mighty,

782b. thou art become victorious, thou hast filled every place with thy beauty.

782c. The whole earth lies (lit. is) under thee; thou hast taken possession of it;

782d. thou encompassest the earth and all things (therein) in thine arms;

782e. mayest thou establish this N. in thee as an imperishable star.

830a. To say: Thot, heal N., that he may live,

830b. that what is against him may cease. Thot, give him the eye of Horus.

1276a. If N. comes with his ka, open thou thine arms to him;

1276b. the mouth of his gods opens: "(If) he desires to ascend to heaven, let him ascend."

1149b. before him, (when) N. ascends to heaven.

1150a. Heaven rejoices for him; the earth quakes for him;

1150b. the tempest roars (lit. drives) for him.

1150c. He howls (or, roars) like Set;

1151 a. the guardians of the parts (?) of heaven open the doors of heaven for him.

1188c. N. is just before heaven, before the earth;

1188d. N. is just before this isle of the earth,

1188e. to which he has been swimming, and has arrived there,

1188f. and which is between the two thighs of Nut.

1264b. Be gone, flee (thou) whom Horus guards, whom Set protects;

1267a. Let not Osiris come in this his evil coming;

1267b. do not open to him thine arms.

1267c. Let him be gone;

1309a. The arms of N. are like those of Set,

1309b. when he ascends and lifts himself [to the sky].

1453a. N. has escaped his day of death,

1453b. even as Set escaped his day of death;

1465a. Hear, O Geb, hereditary prince of all the gods, endue him with his form.

1465b. Hear, O Thot, who art among the peaceful ones of the gods,

1465c. let a door for N. be opened by Horus; let N. be protected by Set.

1465d. N. appears in the eastern side of the sky,

1587b. Greetings to thee, Khepri, who created himself.

1587c. Thou art high, in this thy name of "Ḳȝ."

1587d. Thou comest into being, in thy name of "Khepri."

1638a. To say: N. has ascended to the portal,

1638b. dawning as king, and being high as Wepwawet;

1638c. he supports himself, he is not tired.

1652a. To say: O Atum-Khepri, when thou didst mount as a hill,

1652b. and didst shine as bnw of the ben(or, benben) in the temple of the "phoenix" in Heliopolis,

1652c. and didst spew out as Shu, and did spit out as Tefnut,

1653a. (then) thou didst put thine arms about them, as the arm(s) of a ka, that thyka might be in them.

1695a. They cause N. to come into being as Rē‘, in this, his name of "Khepri."

1695b. Thou mountest to them as Rē‘, in this his name of "Rē‘";

1695c. thou turnest back again from their face as Rē‘, in this his name of "Atum."

1715a. If thou goest, Horus goes; if thou speakest, Set speaks;

1715b. if thy step be hindered, the step of the gods will be hindered.

1749b. A stairway to heaven is built (for thee), that thou mayest ascend.

1750a. Thou judgest between the two great gods,

1773b. --------- two uraeuses. N. was conceived in the night and ascends to Rē‘ each day.

2059a. N. was sought; N. is found with them;

2059b. N. is one of them, praised by the bull of heaven.

Last edited: