• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verse of the Day

Sees

Dragonslayer
"And now the forces marshaled around the concept of the group have declared a war of extermination on the preciousness, the mind of man. By disparagement, by starvation, by repressions, forced direction, and the stunning hammer-blows of conditioning, the free, roving mind is being pursued, roped, blunted, drugged. It is a sad suicidal course our species seems to have taken.

And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual. This is what I am and what I am about." - John Steinbeck

Servant_of_the_One1

They ask you about the hour, when will be its taking place? Say: The knowledge of it is only with my Lord; none but He shall manifest it at its time; it will be momentous in the heavens and the earth; it will not come on you but of a sudden. They ask you as if you were solicitous about it. Say: Its knowledge is only with Allah, but most people do not know. (7:187)

Very good posts guys, aside from disagreements. Respect :)

Sees

Dragonslayer
"I was a listener in woods
I was a gazer at stars
I was blind where secrets were concerned
I was silent in a wilderness
I was talkative among many
I was mild in the mead-hall
I was stern in battle
I was gentle towards allies
I was a physician of the sick
I was weak towards the feeble
I was strong towards the powerful
I was not close lest I should be burdensome
I was not arrogant though I was wise
I was not given to promising though I was strong
I was not venturesome though I was swift
I did not deride the old though I was young
I was not boastful though I was a good fighter
I would not speak about any one in his absence
I would not reproach, but I would praise
I would not ask, but I would give

For it is through these habits that the young become old and kingly warriors." - King Cormac

Sundance

Premium Member
“O CHILDREN OF MEN! Know ye not why We created you all from the same dust? That no one should exalt himself over the other. Ponder at all times in your hearts how ye were created. Since We have created you all from one same substance it is incumbent on you to be even as one soul, to walk with the same feet, eat with the same mouth and dwell in the same land, that from your inmost being, by your deeds and actions, the signs of oneness and the essence of detachment may be made manifest. Such is My counsel to you, O concourse of light! Heed ye this counsel that ye may obtain the fruit of holiness from the tree of wondrous glory.”
- Bahá’u’lláh, The Arabic Hidden Words

Servant_of_the_One1

9.And if We give man a taste of Mercy from Us, and then withdraw it from him, verily! He is despairing, ungrateful.

10. But if We let him taste good (favour) after evil (poverty and harm) has touched him, he is sure to say: "Ills have departed from me." Surely, he is exultant, and boastful (ungrateful to Allah).

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Daily verse from our holy books as reminder.

As a reminder: Stop judging that you many not be judged - Matthew 7:1

So, rather than being judgemental, suspicious, or impute a bad or wrong motive to another, priority should be to provide spiritual assistance when needed.
We are Not here to ' see through one another ', but to ' see one another through '.
Some who seem fragile in appearance may have strong faith or inner strength, so such seemingly weaker ones may be ' rich in faith ' over those who have more favorable circumstances.

arthra

Baha'i
"The reality of man is like unto a sea, and the Holy Power is like unto brilliant pearls. Not until the sea moveth in waves doth it throw a shell of pearls upon the shore. Therefore if thou wishest to become heavenly, cut thy attention from the earth; that is, cease to attach thy heart unto this world and seek connection with or attachment to the Kingdom and turn unto God. And when thou doest this, thou wilt become the mercy of God and a gift of the Almighty."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Tablets of Abdu'l-Baha v2, p. 326

Kent856

Isiah 48:18 - "If only you would pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea". - Nwt

Peace like a river? Righteousness like the waves? I love pondering the meaning of this verse... It makes me think how desperately God wants what's best for us, how he wants us to be happy. :)

Servant_of_the_One1

114. 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Allah, our Lord! Send us from heaven a table spread (with food) that there may be for us - for the first and the last of us - a festival and a sign from You; and provide us sustenance, for You are the Best of sustainers."

Surah Al Maidah

Sundance

Premium Member
“Know thou of a certainty that Love is the secret of God’s holy Dispensation, the manifestation of the All-Merciful, the fountain of spiritual outpourings. Love is heaven’s kindly light, the Holy Spirit’s eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul. Love is the cause of God’s revelation unto man, the vital bond inherent, in accordance with the divine creation, in the realities of things. Love is the one means that ensureth true felicity both in this world and the next. Love is the light that guideth in darkness, the living link that uniteth God with man, that assureth the progress of every illumined soul. Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms. Love revealeth with unfailing and limitless power the mysteries latent in the universe. Love is the spirit of life unto the adorned body of mankind, the establisher of true civilization in this mortal world, and the shedder of imperishable glory upon every high-aiming race and nation.”

(‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, p. 27)

David1967

Premium Member
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Matthew 24:36. Jesus speaking of the day of judgement. Similar I think to Servant of the Ones post above from 7:187.
Great thread by the way. :)

JesusBeliever

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14
Nice! It is interesting to me that God promises to heal the land. It does not say healing comes to the people who believe properly, it say it comes to the land. That to me means that other people benefit when a believer does those things.

It also amuses me that wicked ways has come to mean what a person does, but what I think it means is, 'You're going the wrong way".