• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verifiable evidence for creationism?

Is there any verifiable evidence for creationism?

• Yes

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 81.0%

• Total voters

james bond

I am not the one making claims of explanation.
Nor am I the one making strawman explanations.

You didn't answer any of my questions even though I was kind enough to answer yours. I can understand it though. You do not know what to think. Your answer proves it ha ha.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You didn't answer any of my questions even though I was kind enough to answer yours. I can understand it though. You do not know what to think. Your answer proves it ha ha.
I already said I have no problem with admitting I do not know.
Why is it such a hard thing for you?

I cannot explain it.
Nor do I pretend to be able to.
Nor do I make bold empty claims of it being luck...
Nor do I make bold empty claims of it being god...
I do not know.

Interestingly enough, neither do you.
Now the question is, do you claim otherwise?

james bond

I already said I have no problem with admitting I do not know.
Why is it such a hard thing for you?

I cannot explain it.
Nor do I pretend to be able to.
Nor do I make bold empty claims of it being luck...
Nor do I make bold empty claims of it being god...
I do not know.

Interestingly enough, neither do you.
Now the question is, do you claim otherwise?

Ok, we agree you do not know and do not know how to think. I can accept that answer.

But then you go on to imply that I pretend, make bold empty claims and use strawman. I'm not pretending nor am I making bold empty claims or using strawman. That's you judging me and only your opinion. Thus, you contradict yourself and why we've gone several posts like this. I'd be okay with it if you knew some things or knew how to think. Yet, you admitted you don't know or know how to think, so how can you make good opinions and judgment. You can have opinions, but they aren't any good.

Then you claim I don't when I do. And why do you say I claim this or that when I haven't? Ha ha.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Ok, false to you because of what I explained.

I can't comprehend for you. If that's what you think, then I can't add anything to it. You're entitled to your opinions.
It's not "false to me." If it doesn't work as you indicated, it's false. Do you think I'm the only one who asked your god for something and received not answer, no great revealing?

Again, you missed what I said which explains why you keep saying your second claim above. It seems you and atheists want God from me, but I'm not the one who can provide it. Maybe start by referring to God instead of god and then He'll respond. Even I can sense the lack of sincerity.
I used to be a Christian. God has never provided me with any evidence of "his" existence, hence the reason I'm now an atheist.

I guess you don't read enough science to keep up with BBT, cosmology, abiogenesis (pseudoscience), existence of aliens and what not. Pretty limited scope you put out there for yourself. Further, I thought you had the capability ask yourself why we are here. Many intelligent people do that. I guess I misjudged you.
I've read up enough on it to know it's not pseudoscience.

I try not to make claims I can't back up. That appears to be your department.

Maybe there is no purpose to our being here. Maybe our purpose is what we make it. Can you consider that thought?

That's not what I said and did provide the evidence (til I am blue in the face), but again I'm not the one to change your mind. I think you and I are done since I misjudged you.
You did say "God did it" and your evidence was a Bible quotation and the fact that we don't know everything there is to know. Sorry but I don't think that's convincing evidence.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The atheist director Woody Allen seems to be saying that "luck" is what determines an atheist's life.

If so, then what is luck?

Here is an example. An accountant is cheating on his company and takes a few dollars out every day and transfers it into his account. He is able to explain to everyone what the cost is and where it goes. It's only a few dollars, so it is not noticed right away. An auditor finds out and makes a report, but dies of a heart attack the day he is supposed to turn in his report. The cheater gets away with for fifty years and retires a wealthy man.

Or a man robs a AM-PM gas station. He takes a few hundred dollars, but on the way out he punches himself a lottery ticket and wins $100 million dollars. He is caught on tape for the robbery, but is able to hire a lawyer with his winnings to defend him to keep him out of jail. He ends up with an easy life.

Is luck the biggest factor to determine an atheist's life or is there something else?
Dude, it's just a movie.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Ok, we agree you do not know and do not know how to think. I can accept that answer.
do not know how to think?
Wow.
You leapt into left field with that one.
Prey tell, is this how you came to "know"?
Would explain quite a bit.

But then you go on to imply that I pretend, make bold empty claims and use strawman.
I am not implying it.
I am flat out stating it.
You posts in this thread verify the claim.

I'm not pretending nor am I making bold empty claims or using strawman.
Bull ****.
You all the above.
You pretend you know, then use strawmen to divert from your bold empty claims.

That's you judging me and only your opinion.
No it isn't.
It is me pointing out the fact you rely far to heavily on strawmen to divert from your bold empty claims.

I'd be okay with it if you knew some things or knew how to think.
Kettle, meet pot.

Yet, you admitted you don't know or know how to think,
Now you resort to bold faced lies.

so how can you make good opinions and judgment. You can have opinions, but they aren't any good.
Another bold faced lie.
See how the lies snowball?

Then you claim I don't when I do. And why do you say I claim this or that when I haven't? Ha ha.
Your dishonesty is disgusting.

Have a nice day.

james bond

It's not "false to me." If it doesn't work as you indicated, it's false. Do you think I'm the only one who asked your god for something and received not answer, no great revealing?

I used to be a Christian. God has never provided me with any evidence of "his" existence, hence the reason I'm now an atheist.

I've read up enough on it to know it's not pseudoscience.

I try not to make claims I can't back up. That appears to be your department.

Maybe there is no purpose to our being here. Maybe our purpose is what we make it. Can you consider that thought?

You did say "God did it" and your evidence was a Bible quotation and the fact that we don't know everything there is to know. Sorry but I don't think that's convincing evidence.

I'll acknowledge what you said instead of continuing this boring conversation.

This statement is contradictory. Why would you be a Christian and then need evidence of His "existence?" Furthermore, I've talked about this far too many times for you to have missed it. Hint: It has to do with having faith first.

As for claims that I can't back up, it isn't true. That's why atheists are usually wrong. Yes, they are usually wrong and the evidence has been shown all through this thread and in my posts :).

The purpose of being here is to help people and be happy, but I can't speak for you.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'll acknowledge what you said instead of continuing this boring conversation.

This statement is contradictory. Why would you be a Christian and then need evidence of His "existence?" Furthermore, I've talked about this far too many times for you to have missed it. Hint: It has to do with having faith first.

As for claims that I can't back up, it isn't true. That's why atheists are usually wrong. Yes, they are usually wrong and the evidence has been shown all through this thread and in my posts :).

The purpose of being here is to help people and be happy, but I can't speak for you.
Yeah, that's my point. Your evidence doesn't point to what you think it does. Your assertions are flat out wrong.

Your claim was that god will reveal himself to someone if they just ask. And that was your evidence for the existence of god. That is a claim that you have not backed up and it has nothing to do with atheists or anyone else. It has to do with you and the claims you are making.

A person can believe god exists without that god having revealed itself to anyone (obviously I do not think any god reveals itself to anyone).

In my estimation, faith is the excuse people give for believing in something when they don't have any good evidence.

james bond

do not know how to think?
Wow.
You leapt into left field with that one.
Prey tell, is this how you came to "know"?
Would explain quite a bit.

I am not implying it.
I am flat out stating it.
You posts in this thread verify the claim.

Bull ****.
You all the above.
You pretend you know, then use strawmen to divert from your bold empty claims.

No it isn't.
It is me pointing out the fact you rely far to heavily on strawmen to divert from your bold empty claims.

Kettle, meet pot.

Now you resort to bold faced lies.

Another bold faced lie.
See how the lies snowball?

Your dishonesty is disgusting.

Have a nice day.

Just read your second sentence to me and a few of your posts. In fact, you can read your entire post as proof positive.

Again, I am not making bold empty claims or using strawman.

If you can think, then where did I go to college? I dropped enough hints over time and dropped it when we first met and you asked that very personal question for whatever reason. Where did you go to college? Or is it high school?

As for the rest, you can just refer to my second statement in bold blue.

james bond

For those who keep seeking evidence from me, try seeking evidence in the Bible. The book of Psalms is easy reading.

"Satisfy us in the morning
with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy
and be glad all our days."

Psalm 90:14/NIV

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
For those who keep seeking evidence from me, try seeking evidence in the Bible. The book of Psalms is easy reading.

"Satisfy us in the morning
with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy
and be glad all our days."

Psalm 90:14/NIV
The Bible is the claim, not the evidence.

james bond

Yeah, that's my point. Your evidence doesn't point to what you think it does. Your assertions are flat out wrong.

Your claim was that god will reveal himself to someone if they just ask. And that was your evidence for the existence of god. That is a claim that you have not backed up and it has nothing to do with atheists or anyone else. It has to do with you and the claims you are making.

A person can believe god exists without that god having revealed itself to anyone (obviously I do not think any god reveals itself to anyone).

In my estimation, faith is the excuse people give for believing in something when they don't have any good evidence.

Maybe you think it's flat out wrong because of your thinking. I'm not criticizing your thinking. Just examining where you are coming from. I would tell the same thing to a new Christian. Yet, they would not think I was flat out wrong.

All I can tell you wait until you die and then you will get the evidence that you crave. I talked about God appearing physically on Earth and what He would do to prove Himself.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Maybe you think it's flat out wrong because of your thinking. I'm not criticizing your thinking. Just examining where you are coming from. I would tell the same thing to a new Christian. Yet, they would not think I was flat out wrong.

All I can tell you wait until you die and then you will get the evidence that you crave. I talked about God appearing physically on Earth and what He would do to prove Himself.
No. It's the fact that your claim is inaccurate.

james bond

No. It's the fact that your claim is inaccurate.

Only to a skeptic thinker. In the vid, we had Charles Templeton who decided to go his agnostic/atheist way.

I'll say this again, you have to realize that your world exists because you exist. That's a fact and is also why each must die alone.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I don't think he has the supreme luck though ;).

And did you figure out where I went to college yet? Where did you go for college? Ha ha.
*yawn*
Is it that you think we are dumb enough to fall for your blatantly obvious diversion tactic or do you really think we did not notice it to be a blatant diversion tactic?

Neither looks good for you.

james bond

*yawn*
Is it that you think we are dumb enough to fall for your blatantly obvious diversion tactic or do you really think we did not notice it to be a blatant diversion tactic?

Neither looks good for you.

It wasn't a diversion tactic because there was nothing to divert from. However, I see you got diverted.

I'll assume you'll never figure out where I went to college, so let's drop that. Where did you go ha ha?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It wasn't a diversion tactic because there was nothing to divert from. However, I see you got diverted.

I'll assume you'll never figure out where I went to college, so let's drop that. Where did you go ha ha?
You assume I give a crickets fart where you claim you went to college.
the only reason I would need to know is to avoid said college for letting you out of there with such a blatant ignorance of science.

So stop whining that I did not take your "guess where I went to college" self pat on the back bait.
Cause all you will do in revealing where you went is give said college a bad name.