• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Venting Thread!

Draka

Wonder Woman
On the subject of driving...who really tick me off?

People who have obviously forgotten not only what a turn signal is and how to use it, but that you aren't suppose to make a left turn from the right lane!!!!!

People who want to wait for the last possible second to merge to one lane in the hopes they get like 3 cars ahead of where they would be and almost hit someone by forcing themselves in!

People who have no consideration for anyone and think it's fine to rip down residential streets in the middle of the day or cruise at night blaring their stereo that thumps so loudly it sounds like their trunk is about to rattle off.

And finally...idiots who obviously have never been on a motorcycle in their lives and ride WAY to close to them or don't even notice them at all!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Here's a vent about driving...

My drive way branches right off a highway which has a speed limit of 55 mph. I hate it when people act really angry and pass me in a no passing zone when I slow down to pull into my drive way. What am I supposed to do? Make a sharp right turn going 60 miles per hour!?! Why do people get so ticked off when I slow down to turn? It costs them what... 30 seconds? What's the big deal!?! Plus, they are passing in a no passing zone, going up hill, and could easily get themselves killed...

and one time, my sister was pulling into the driveway, and the lady behind her passed in the no passing zone, not slowing down, so the lady behind that lady didn't know that my sister was there, and hit her car. So stupid jerks like that cause accidents. I'd like to slam their heads into their windshields or knock their cars into a ditch, because my sister was really sad when her car got wrecked. She really liked that car. :(

Darkwater

A while ago I formed the view there were no rubbish drivers,just rubbish people.

Sometimes I deliberately cue for 20 minutes so I can eyeball the sneaks,get my window rolled down & vent...."what am I,some sort of wanker for cueing?" etc etc

WMN,get in touch with your local authoritiesmmaybe best start with a trip to your police station in order to express your concerns at local road safety issues.

This will mean cops with speed guns,speed traps & better signs for your cut off,so be alert & don't get caught in your own trap if you do what you must........if only for self preservation.

Give them a hand & map out the area to suggest any safety improvemants you may have?

Be careful!
Much love,

DW

Darkwater

Migraines just means more *me* time.....if one comes on sit in a darkened room with eyes closed until it *passes*....prevent future migraines by taking similar chill out time in order to be better in touch with yourself/the universe....like the shabat concept.....let stuff filter through into you to be absorbed & let yourself grow.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Here's a vent about driving...

My drive way branches right off a highway which has a speed limit of 55 mph. I hate it when people act really angry and pass me in a no passing zone when I slow down to pull into my drive way. What am I supposed to do? Make a sharp right turn going 60 miles per hour!?! Why do people get so ticked off when I slow down to turn? It costs them what... 30 seconds? What's the big deal!?! Plus, they are passing in a no passing zone, going up hill, and could easily get themselves killed...

and one time, my sister was pulling into the driveway, and the lady behind her passed in the no passing zone, not slowing down, so the lady behind that lady didn't know that my sister was there, and hit her car. So stupid jerks like that cause accidents. I'd like to slam their heads into their windshields or knock their cars into a ditch, because my sister was really sad when her car got wrecked. She really liked that car. :(

You just said the speed limit is 55, if you turn doing 60, then you are speeding! Maybe that is why people are ticked at you. :)

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
And that would be WHY I don't even drive..... :p

I don't drive either. I had my permit for 5 minuites and almost crashed into a tree and a light pole in the same turn. I never drove since.

Idoiot drivers is one of the things that makes my anxiety kick up to where I hate riding in a vehicle.

FBI

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
People who ask a question and then get all huffy when you're honest. If you don't want to know, DON'T FREAKIN ASK!!!!!!!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Bait-and-switch OPs. The OP should be an honest representation of what you want to talk about. I don't appreciate being invited to give my opinion on an interesting topic when you just want to tell me Jesus is your best friend. If you have to lie to get me to listen, I'm not going to react well.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I don't drive either. The first time I drove, I ran into a parked car. That was 20 years ago, too. I am a chicken.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
People who pull into intersections! I was at a light for 20 minutes because people kept pulling into the durn intersection!!!!

I'm not quite picturing this, jacob. Are you saying people were ignoring traffic signals and the perpendicular traffic continued nonstop?

This reminds me of one of my pet peeves -- people who don't pull into the intersection.
That is, when making a left turn in heavy traffic, cars in the left/turn lane should enter the intersection on green, even if oncoming traffic prevents a turn at that time. When the light turns yellow and oncoming traffic stops, then you can make your turn.
It is lways legal to enter an intersection on green, even if you can't turn. It is legal to be in an intersection when the light turns yellow, and to make your turn when oncoming traffic stops. Generally two extra cars can make left turns, from each direction, at each turning of the light, that otherwise would be waiting for a green arrow or break in traffic. This speeds traffic flow and travel time.

Be considerate! Help speed things along at rush hour! Always pull into an intersection on green, weather you can turn immediately or not! :yes:

i hate bike cops (bike cop rode into me with its lights out then complained my light's wern't on and started fining me) reason my bike was without light : my first bike got robbed and my seconed got trashed(at the same place) and i ain't seen no cop there then when that happened they haven't even uped security where that happend

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
People in abortion threads who want to argue when the zygote/embryo/fetus becomes human.
What is it before it becomes human?
Does it not matter that it is a HUMAN sperm that fertilizes a HUMAN egg?
Does not that fact mean it is human from get go?

Further more, it is illegal in all 50 states to kill a baby.
Regardless of how old it is.
Abortion has NOTHING to do with babies.

rojse

RF Addict
Bait-and-switch OPs. The OP should be an honest representation of what you want to talk about. I don't appreciate being invited to give my opinion on an interesting topic when you just want to tell me Jesus is your best friend. If you have to lie to get me to listen, I'm not going to react well.

Jesus likes his followers to lie though, Storm.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I went to bed late last night because I just didn't seem to wind down right, that and my back hurt anyway. So I broke down and took some Advil PM, which usually works wonders for me, and tried to sleep. Oh how I wanted sleep. I just layed there, uncomfortable, and on the edge of sleep, for about an hour and a half and then...Kaitlyn woke up. She did not want to seem to go back down. Rocking, holding, walking her, feeding, all with back pain and sleeping drugs in me, was not fun. Got her back down and probably drifted off within still another half hour after. About another hour or so later...she was up again. About another hour later, Jamie was up and banging around a box of duplex blocks. Needless to say, my night did NOT go well and I've probably had maybe 3 to 4 total hours of broken sleep. Mommy is not a happy camper.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I went to bed late last night because I just didn't seem to wind down right, that and my back hurt anyway. So I broke down and took some Advil PM, which usually works wonders for me, and tried to sleep. Oh how I wanted sleep. I just layed there, uncomfortable, and on the edge of sleep, for about an hour and a half and then...Kaitlyn woke up. She did not want to seem to go back down. Rocking, holding, walking her, feeding, all with back pain and sleeping drugs in me, was not fun. Got her back down and probably drifted off within still another half hour after. About another hour or so later...she was up again. About another hour later, Jamie was up and banging around a box of duplex blocks. Needless to say, my night did NOT go well and I've probably had maybe 3 to 4 total hours of broken sleep. Mommy is not a happy camper.

((((HUGS)))))

I slept from 6pm last night till 7 Am this morning..I wish I could send you some.(((HUGS)))

Love

Dallas

Last edited: