• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Venting Thread!

Draka

Wonder Woman
Got a little annoyance? A big annoyance? Is something bugging the heck out you and and you just want to yell about it for a quick burst of relief? Here's the place. Go ahead and rant away! Your hair not cooperating? Vent. Hate the snow? Vent. Gas bill too high? Vent. Let's just not turn this into a debate thread ;)

My vent? Those damn persistent calls about credit card consolidation that claim they can stop credit card bill collector calls...when we don't even have credit cards and they are the only ones calling and harrassing us!!!!! Five calls a day about lowering our non-existent credit card debt is madness!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
People who stand in the door of the bus when there are seats available! What are they thinking? "Gee, how can I be the biggest obstacle to the most people?"

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
I get one of those computer calls to my mobile # from "The Warranty Helpdesk" telling me it's the final (don't I wish) warning that my car warranty is about to expire. There's an option you can select to be removed, but it just hangs up if you press that. Several times I have pressed the option to be transferred to a live operator, but I can't ever get any information about the company to complain, since I'm on the national Do Not Call Registry. The operators will say they will remove my number, but the calls continue.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Right now we have a snow day (which is fantastic :D) but my roommates are being loud and I'm needing silence to get my pile of homework done... I Can't CONCENTRATE!! ARG

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Customers who have no idea about jewelry design or how to set jewels and then blame me for it. Grrrrrr.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I get one of those computer calls to my mobile # from "The Warranty Helpdesk" telling me it's the final (don't I wish) warning that my car warranty is about to expire. There's an option you can select to be removed, but it just hangs up if you press that. Several times I have pressed the option to be transferred to a live operator, but I can't ever get any information about the company to complain, since I'm on the national Do Not Call Registry. The operators will say they will remove my number, but the calls continue.

Holy moly...those are the other 5 calls a day we get! "We don't want to alarm you, but the warranty on your vehicle may be ready to expire. This is your second/final call concerning this matter" :rolleyes: YEAH...riiight. I've tried hitting 2 to be removed but, as you said, it doesn't work. I've been transferred to a live person before and asked to be removed and the guy literally went off on me that instead of wasting his time I should have just pressed 2. I told him I've done that about a dozen times and it doesn't help and he said "whatever" and hung up on me!

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
OMG, you're kidding! I hope he got fired.

Minor annoyance: When I'm all into a conversation here, and the other person goes offline. It just sucks!

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Work is kind of annoying me right now. But I get that way with every job. Mostly I think I just love being a lazy bum too much...and I can't wait to have a job doing what *I* want!!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I get those same calls, Dragon, and I've never owned a credit card.
I let my machine take them, and just delete.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Feel for ya. Our furnace is constantly on, running up a high gas bill, and I swear it blows mostly cold air. Might as well have the AC on!

That sucks. The heatnig doesn't reach my room, because it's too far from the front of the house where the heat comes from. The heat has to travel all they way through the vents of the entire house, and it just doesn't make it that far.

I had lots of blankets on my bed, which is in the corner of my room, and some of the blankets and stuffed animals :)D) got squished between the bed and the wall, creating a small space where the air wasn't moving around in that part of the room. I was looking for my stuffed worm, :)D) and noticed the wall was all wet... :eek: So I blow dried it, and I hope it didn't rot or anything inside the wall, because then bugs will get in, and that scares me so much... :cover:

At my old house, there were lots of bugs. It was so scary. We were poor. Then we got less poor, but still poor nontheless.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
It really annoys me when people call The Hobbit a prequel to The Lord of the Rings. LotR was the sequel. While most people have the excuse of ignorance, the publishers who have begun printing "The Enchanting Prequel To Lord of the Rings" on The Hobbit's cover should damned well know better!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Draka,

Venting Thread!

Every human being has limitations and when one does somethinmg within that limit maybe tolerence of coldness/hotness or maybe finacial limits etc. one is comfortable BUT as soon as one faces a situtaion where this capacity of tolerence has to be crossed one gets *angry/frustrated/etc which needs to venting*.
As seen/understood personally:
It is the mind and we have provided the limits to our mind and the mind like a computer reminds us of those limits. If one tells the mind, look Death is inevitable and am now faced with a siituation where have to be in the Artic till help comes as am stuck up here. The mind will still perster BUT when we FIRMLY LOOK the mind in its eye and tell it that *LOOK, do as I say and find out how best to survive here then the miind starts to cooeprate and this situation is what meditation is all about when the individual controls the mind and uses his mind and not the mind controlling the individual and making him angry/frustated.

The choice is one's own to be in control or be controlled.
Love & rgds

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Jerry has described word-for-word what I want to vent about. I've had the same company calling my for a few years now telling me the exact same thing and not taking me off their call list.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Jerry has described word-for-word what I want to vent about. I've had the same company calling my for a few years now telling me the exact same thing and not taking me off their call list.
Weird. I never get spam calls on my cell...only text messages. And, they're never dirty either. :(