• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarianism/Veganism and You

VioletVortex

Both plants and animals are important in our diet. In the ancient world, people were hunter/gatherers who ate what they found. Our ancestors did not complain about the "morality" of eating. They were very healthy, and I am sure that, on average, our ancestors were much healthier than modern people. They did not face problems such as obesity and anorexia. The obvious conclusion is that we should live more like our ancestors and eat a balanced diet of plants and animals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Both plants and animals are important in our diet. In the ancient world, people were hunter/gatherers who ate what they found. Our ancestors did not complain about the "morality" of eating. They were very healthy, and I am sure that, on average, our ancestors were much healthier than modern people. They did not face problems such as obesity and anorexia. The obvious conclusion is that we should live more like our ancestors and eat a balanced diet of plants and animals.
Our ancestors were also constantly moving, and not nearly as sedentary as "modern life" expects of us. Diet isn't the only thing for health, but, in reality, all of us probably do need to be more active for more optimal health.

Know it all.

Shaman.
Archeology tells us that ancient humans were not healthier as they died young (30 was old) and their meat diets were the leading cause of early deaths.

I like the brilliant words of Darwin who said = "There can be no doubt that we are descended from barbarians."

Even in holy scripture that much is certain = that humanity is evolved from lowlife barbarians.

The human teeth give away the truth in that human teeth are herbivore teeth and our human teeth are not made for eating animal meat as are the carnivores. We can look at a dog or cat and they have pointed cutting teeth for eating meat and the animal meats are swallowed in large bites because they do not chew their food.

Plus the human stomach and our taste are not compatible with eating animal meat, and THAT is why humans have got to cook the meat and add flavoring to cover up the repulsive taste of the meat, and of course humans have to tenderize the meat or else it will break our teeth which do not grow back.

So often people claim that humans are meat eaters based on our 4 eye teeth and there is not an ounce of truth to that, but that dishonest claim makes them feel more justified in eating the trashy meats.

The point of civilization is that we stop acting like uncivilized animals.

=================================

I'm not a vegetarian.
Well then you are missing out on the fun, because being vegetarian is great fun and adventure.

Whenever I go to a grocery store to buy food it feel like I am "hunting and gathering" by reading the ingredients and rejecting anything with any meat and hunting for the better kinds of food.

No person truly has control over their self until one starts controlling what goes into thy mouth.

When we look at little babies they put everything into their mouth, and the long process of human growth and maturity means to stop putting unhealthy things into thy mouth.

syo

Well then you are missing out on the fun, because being vegetarian is great fun and adventure.

Whenever I go to a grocery store to buy food it feel like I am "hunting and gathering" by reading the ingredients and rejecting anything with any meat and hunting for the better kinds of food.

No person truly has control over their self until one starts controlling what goes into thy mouth.

When we look at little babies they put everything into their mouth, and the long process of human growth and maturity means to stop putting unhealthy things into thy mouth.
If it's fun I'll go vegetarian for two weeks :) Maybe I'll establish vegetarian weeks :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The human teeth give away the truth in that human teeth are herbivore teeth and our human teeth are not made for eating animal meat as are the carnivores.
We don't have vegetarian or carnivore teeth. We have the teeth of an omnivore.
Plus the human stomach and our taste are not compatible with eating animal meat, and THAT is why humans have got to cook the meat and add flavoring to cover up the repulsive taste of the meat, and of course humans have to tenderize the meat or else it will break our teeth which do not grow back.
If our tastes are not compatible with meat, then no one would eat it; but we know that most people simply do not find the taste of meat to be repulsive. And, yes, our digestive tract is compatible with meat consumption as we can digest it, adsorb nutrients from it, and we don't even have to tenderize it, season it, or even cook it (it's not at all unusual for a culture to eat raw meat).

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Archeology tells us that ancient humans were not healthier as they died young (30 was old) and their meat diets were the leading cause of early deaths.

I'm not supporting or condemning eating meat, but your statement is flat-out wrong. The reason for early deaths - actually that was an average age - was from untreated wounds, accidents, infections and child mortality. Genetically speaking ancient man had as long a lifespan as we do.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Our teeth are irrelevant. We've been processing our food externally ever since we discovered how to kindle fire and knap flint.

And our jaws have gotten smaller and weaker. We have almost no room for our wisdom teeth because we don't need to chew and break down tough plant fibers. We don't have the bite force of other great apes or carnivores. We don't have to tear through foods, and gave that up in the interest of bigger brains.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And our jaws have gotten smaller and weaker. We have almost no room for our wisdom teeth because we don't need to chew and break down tough plant fibers. We don't have the bite force of other great apes or carnivores. We don't have to tear through foods, and gave that up in the interest of bigger brains.
...and more dexterous fingers.

Know it all.

Shaman.
We don't have vegetarian or carnivore teeth. We have the teeth of an omnivore.
Humans teeth are for vegetation (herbivore) and nothing in human teeth are compatible with realistic eating of animal meat in the wild.

People claim to be omnivore based on their perverted ideas about meat eating and not on truth.

The meat needs to be cut into small pieces and needs to be cooked and tenderize the meat or else the human teeth can not eat it, and raw meat is repulsive to the human taste.

If our tastes are not compatible with meat, then no one would eat it; but we know that most people simply do not find the taste of meat to be repulsive.
If you watch young children and babies then they really do reject the meat and spit it out, and then the parent(s) make the child to eat the meat and then the brainwashing and food conditioning begins at birth or shortly thereafter.

This is like whisky and beer (alcohol) has a repulsive taste but people simply force it down until we deceive our self and say that we like the taste.

Eating meat is a dysfunction our barbaric society passed down through the generations.

And, yes, our digestive tract is compatible with meat consumption as we can digest it, adsorb nutrients from it, and we don't even have to tenderize it, season it, or even cook it (it's not at all unusual for a culture to eat raw meat).
It is unusual for humans to eat raw meat, but it is also seen as some macho manly nonsense to eat meat raw.

Otherwise your argument is simply unethical.

If you or anyone wants to become better than a barbarian THEN you need to stop feeding on nasty garbage like a dead carcass.

=======================================

Our teeth are irrelevant. We've been processing our food externally ever since we discovered how to kindle fire and knap flint.
I must agree, and I figure that the ignorant mentality of eating animals happened as a result of discovering fire.

Humans have always taken brilliant discoveries and by any means possible turn them into an evil usage.

Onyx

Premium Member
Eating meat is a dysfunction our barbaric society passed down through the generations.
Ridiculous. Humans process meat very well, and is indeed one of most nutritious and readily digestible substances we can eat. (I'm NOT talking about crappy processed meat.)

If raw meat tastes bad, then so does raw broccolli. Yet when starving to death, we rarely question the plate in front of us.

And this is how humans evolved into the omnivores we are today. Those that could handle the meat AND plants were more likely to survive the reality of starvation in my view.

Know it all.

Shaman.
Ridiculous. Humans process meat very well, and is indeed one of most nutritious and readily digestible substances we can eat. (I'm NOT talking about crappy processed meat.)

If raw meat tastes bad, then so does raw broccolli. Yet when starving to death, we rarely question the plate in front of us.

And this is how humans evolved into the omnivores we are today. Those that could handle the meat AND plants were more likely to survive the reality of starvation in my view.
I am not talking about crappy processing either, and I do not like broccoli.

It is very peculiar that humans eat meat, and I ate meat myself for 40 years, and vegetarian vegan for the past 20, so I understand that meat is very enticing and satisfying, and great flavor to pork which is the nastiest meat of all. In fact it has been said on hog farms that the nastier food they feed to the pigs then the better tasting is the meat.

The real problem with eating animals is the violence and cruelty - both of processing the animals and also done to the people who eat it.

We need to have compassion and mercy for innocent and defenseless animals, and humans have become the true monsters of this world.

Plus when we eat the meat it has inside of the meat the pain and the violence and the death and fear of the animal in the meat - so every time a person eats meat they are feeding on death and eating death.

Onyx

Premium Member
I am not talking about crappy processing either, and I do not like broccoli.

It is very peculiar that humans eat meat, and I ate meat myself for 40 years, and vegetarian vegan for the past 20, so I understand that meat is very enticing and satisfying, and great flavor to pork which is the nastiest meat of all. In fact it has been said on hog farms that the nastier food they feed to the pigs then the better tasting is the meat.

The real problem with eating animals is the violence and cruelty - both of processing the animals and also done to the people who eat it.

We need to have compassion and mercy for innocent and defenseless animals, and humans have become the true monsters of this world.

Plus when we eat the meat it has inside of the meat the pain and the violence and the death and fear of the animal in the meat - so every time a person eats meat they are feeding on death and eating death.
I think I understand you better now. I can appreciate the philosophical arguments but contend that modern man has choices that probably didn't always exist over the course of evolution. That said I don't eat much meat, usually fish, egg whites, and an occasional chicken or lean steak. Pork is generally unappealing to me.

I've learned to like veggies more over time so I don't rely as much on meat. And I do share your appreciation of animals but feel that sometimes it's okay to eat them for food in moderation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not irrelevant because it shows what we evolved as. We evolved to eat plants and some meat. It's seen in our teeth and our digestive system.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Humans teeth are for vegetation (herbivore) and nothing in human teeth are compatible with realistic eating of animal meat in the wild.
Then why do we have wide molars (a trait of herbivores) as well as sharp canines and incisors (at trait of carnivores)? Why does our teeth look like pretty much any other omnivorous mammal?
People claim to be omnivore based on their perverted ideas about meat eating and not on truth.
No, it's hard science that shows we have the teeth and digestive tract that is suited for an omnivorous diet.
If you watch young children and babies then they really do reject the meat and spit it out, and then the parent(s) make the child to eat the meat and then the brainwashing and food conditioning begins at birth or shortly thereafter.
I haven't seen it (other than that young infants spit out many types of food as they learn to eat). And, do remember, there are several types of meat with each one tasting different, and having a different taste based on diet (such as fresh game compared factory farmed). For me, things like fish, shrimp, and crab have always been appealing and delicious.
It's not a dysfunction when our bodies are equipped for it, when it has driven our evolution, and inherently does no harm to us. Many of the cultures where people live the longest even eat meat, but they eat it sparingly.
It is unusual for humans to eat raw meat, but it is also seen as some macho manly nonsense to eat meat raw.
I was actually thinking of sashimi, which being frequently confused for sushi has more of a "hipster" image than a "macho man" image.

Know it all.

Shaman.
Why does our teeth look like pretty much any other omnivorous mammal?
That is because humans created the word "omnivore" and its definition just to suit our dysfunction and to give a pretty name to our ugly and repulsive eating of animals.

The eating of animals is based on the mentality of brute beast, and for human beings to mature then we need to stop acting like animals.

It's not a dysfunction when our bodies are equipped for it, when it has driven our evolution, and inherently does no harm to us.
It is the human heart (spiritual) and soul which are not fit for eating the animals.

By eating the food of violence it makes humans into cruel and unethical barbarians.

Your sentence above is completely self serving and selfish, as you declare that our bodies are equipped (but the animals are defenseless) and your evolution is driven (but the animal evolution is violated) and you say it does no harm to us (but it does horrible harm to the animals).

You and others accept the primitive act of cruelty to animals just to feed your face.