• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarian recipes of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris...

ajay0

Here are some links containing vegetarian recipes of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris with respect to sweets, soups, cakes, curries, pancakes,biscuits, pasta, pizza, puddings and so on....

Recipes

Vegetarian Recipes – The Brahma Kumaris

Brahma Kumaris recipes

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris associate a vegetarian diet with maintaining inner tranquility and calmness, and considers vegetarianism to uphold the ideal of nonviolence. Vegetarianism is also proven to confer numerous benefits on the physical and ecological level.

Multitude Of Benefits With a Vegetarian Diet

We Are What We Eat

A vegetarian diet is an essential component of spiritual lifestyle and plays a major role in maintaining the inner tranquility and calmness. It is beneficial at physical, emotional, spiritual and ecological levels. Spirituality and root of all religions believe in Non-violence, and following a vegetarian diet is part of a non-violent lifestyle. So, it can be aptly said: “we are what we eat.

At Emotional and Spiritual Level, eating non-vegetarian food that is obtained through acts of killing and violence to animals has a very negative impact. Various negative emotions of fear, anger, and anxiety are inherently carried through such food to human beings. Unless we refrain from eating such food we cannot achieve complete freedom from such negative emotions/tendencies. When we follow a well-balanced vegetarian diet we are able to easily regain and maintain our inner peace and happiness. Saatvik vegetarian diet is recommended and is one of the main pillars of a Yogic lifestyle as taught by Brahma Kumaris. It increases clarity, concentration and subtle planning.

At Physical Level, plant-based diet has been proven in multiple studies to be healthier for human beings. It has been shown to be beneficial in many digestive disorders and plays a major role in preventing and treating many chronic conditions such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, obesity. A Saatvik vegetarian diet is encouraged for those who are sick as a part of treatment in (holistic healing systems) or alternative medicinal practices such as Ayurveda, Hatha Yoga and Naturopathy. A vegetarian diet is easily digestible and is more suitable for human beings as humans have a long digestive tract. Many people are now realizing the health benefits of the vegetarian diet and are adopting such a lifestyle for achieving holistic health. Moreover, there is a wide variety of foods that you can create with different combinations of vegetarian choices to meet the protein, carbohydrate, fat and essential minerals requirements in one’s diet.

At the Ecological level, the burden of producing meat/ non-vegetarian food is much higher in terms of energy and resources consumed and also result in the production of greener house gases. Production of meat has been shown to have a 10-fold adverse effect on global warming and such a negative impact on environmental preservation. In contrast, if same resources are utilized in production of vegetarian diet, much wider population will have access to food and starvation deaths can be reduced. ~ Sister B.K. Sri Divya, Prajapita Brahmakumaris

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
vegetarian diet with maintaining inner tranquility and calmness
That's must be the reason why I am so calm I guess.

considers vegetarianism to uphold the ideal of nonviolence
Sai Baba said that it's best to eat vegetarian IF you want to lead a spiritual non violent life
But if you are a soldier it's good to eat meat, otherwise it's more difficult to kill
Thereby making it clear what the impact of non-veg diet is on human

Vegetarianism is also proven to confer numerous benefits on the physical and ecological level.
True.

And all these points together show to me, that to get world peace vegetarianism is a must; without it there will never be Peace in the World

But I am also realistic. I don't see that happen soon. 2 major religions are meat eaters according to their interpretation of their scripture, so I don't see them change ever. Unless they get a new Prophet telling them something else. So we are stuck in a world with all kind of violent challenges.

ajay0

True indeed.

I came across a saying by Leo Tolstoy recently...

'As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.' ~ Leo Tolstoy

Tolstoy was a vegetarian himself, as was the likes of Leonardo da Vinci, St.Anthony, founder of Methodist movement John Wesley, Pythagoras, Mahatma Gandhi, George Bernard Shaw, Voltaire and so on.

One of the reasons I became a vegetarian was witnessing gory violence and anguished screams in the butcher shop.

Vegetarianism/veganism can provide the foundation of a culture of ethics and morality which can reduce violence in human society.

Scientific research has also shown a correlation between animal cruelty and crime rates...

Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence - The Link Between Cruelty to Animals and Violence Toward Humans

stvdv

I came across a saying by Leo Tolstoy recently...'As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.' ~ Leo Tolstoy
True. And good that we speak this out, because I don't want battlefields.

One of the reasons I became a vegetarian was witnessing gory violence and anguished screams in the butcher shop.
Reading about non-violence from Buddha was my turning point.

Vegetarianism/veganism can provide the foundation of a culture of ethics and morality which can reduce violence in human society.

Scientific research has also shown a correlation between animal cruelty and crime rates...

Animal Cruelty and Domestic Violence - The Link Between Cruelty to Animals and Violence Toward Humans
Good article, thanks. Nice to read that research has confirmed this, although I need not science for this; my common sense is suffcient

stvdv

'As long as there are slaughter houses there will always be battlefields.' ~ Leo Tolstoy
IF true THEN it means that when I was eating meat I created wars (un)knowingly. Glad I know this now. I really dislike war

I am happy to do this relatively small sacrifice to work towards world peace. The change to vegetarian took me quite a while though. I didn't change overnight. Okay, I changed overnight, but I had fall backs. First weekly, then monthly, then yearly. And then I really could not eat meat anymore.

So, I can admit that I was addicted to my meat, esp. baquette(Chicken+Curry). That was the last one I gave up. So, I can understand that other meat eaters are a little more addicted than I was, and therefore not able to stop it. Food addictions are very hard to kick. More difficult than cigarettes, alcohol, drugs or posting on RF. Because there is emotional attachment going back to our childhood

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Here are some links containing vegetarian recipes of the Prajapita Brahmakumaris with respect to sweets, soups, cakes, curries, pancakes,biscuits, pasta, pizza, puddings and so on....

Recipes

Vegetarian Recipes – The Brahma Kumaris

Brahma Kumaris recipes

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris associate a vegetarian diet with maintaining inner tranquility and calmness, and considers vegetarianism to uphold the ideal of nonviolence. Vegetarianism is also proven to confer numerous benefits on the physical and ecological level.

Multitude Of Benefits With a Vegetarian Diet
Tasty Op. *grin*

stvdv

Interesting article for non-meat eaters at least. I think that meat-eaters rather skip this. But it is an interesting subject

* Article says: "People who hurt animals, usually don't stop with animals, they also hurt people". That makes sense to me.
* I wonder if: "People hurting people, will they also hurt animals?".

USA has only ca. 3% vegetarians, so I was surprised to read that they have already quite a few laws to protect animals. How come?
* Do the 3% vegetarians have such an impact on the Law
* Do meat eaters care about animals except the ones they kill
* Do meat eaters behave like an ostrich (I don't see the killing, so violence does not happen)
* Do the ones creating the Law coincidentally happen to be vegetarian (makes sense, they are smart and take science maybe serious)

Strange though, that although science has proven that it's better to not eat meat, still 97% of Americans eat meat.

They obviously take science more serious when it comes to corona than when it comes to diet. Makes sense too ... kill virus bug (animal):D

Probably they take science serious, but suffer from addiction to animal diet. It took me quite a while to ditch my meat addiction

ajay0

USA has only ca. 3% vegetarians, so I was surprised to read that they have already quite a few laws to protect animals. How come?

Sorry to read this.

Vegetarianism has been found to be linked to lower rates of cardiovascular diseases and cancer.

Becoming a vegetarian - Harvard Health

Vegetarianism linked to lower risk of heart disease, but slightly higher risk of stroke | MinnPost

How plant-based food helps fight cancer

Incidentally cardiovascular diseases and cancer are also the leading causes of death in the U.S.

The top 10 leading causes of death in the United States

A nutritious vegetarian diet approved by physicians can tackle both health issues in the west effectively, and reduce the burden on the incessantly rising healthcare costs there putting greater strain on the economy.

This is also necessary worldwide and will help the environment too with vastly lowered levels of green house gas emissions.

It is a win-win situation for personal health, the world economy and for the environment as well.