• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetables more expensive than meat in texas

Me Myself

Back to my username
Is that true? Are vegetables more expensive than meat when you try on a weekly supply thingy?

Would being a vegetarian be harder on the budget than being an omnivore inn texas?

Sees

Dragonslayer
Subsidizing

agriculture_subsidies.png

Packaged and processed food or food-like products and the meat & dairy industries are heavily funded, pushed, etc.

Reactions: s2a

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Food costs are certainly soaring, what astonished me was buying a nice 100% cotton hoodie for $12 and two fish fillets for $27. Food is more expensive than clothing.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Subsidizing

agriculture_subsidies.png

Packaged and processed food or food-like products and the meat & dairy industries are heavily funded, pushed, etc.

Hum i see...

I wonder, which is the cheapest vegetable or fruit in texas? Or which are the cheapests?

Me Myself

Back to my username
I was thinking probably corn too, but i should ve been more specific. Non grain cheapest vegetable?

I do understand beans and other grains are cheaper than meat.

Sees

Dragonslayer
Hum i see...

I wonder, which is the cheapest vegetable or fruit in texas? Or which are the cheapests?

I would guess the cheapest fruit is bananas and for vegetables it would be carrots. I don't think my state would have much difference in pricing.

HonestJoe

A grape? :D

Seriously, as someone already pointed out, it's more complicated than that since you need to establish comparable measures, consider differences between fresh or processed products and look at variations across different sources (a chain supermarket in the city will have different prices to an independent grocery store in the sticks).

Me Myself

Back to my username
I would guess the cheapest fruit is bananas and for vegetables it would be carrots. I don't think my state would have much difference in pricing.

How much would this be worth then?

Say, which would be the price of each banana or each carrot?

Sees

Dragonslayer
How much would this be worth then?

Say, which would be the price of each banana or each carrot?

bananas for $.49-59 per pound and carrots about $1.00 per pound. Pay more for organic of course.

I'll have to count the carrots next time but it's $.10-15 per banana

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
bananas for $.49-59 per pound and carrots about $1.00 per pound. Pay more for organic of course.

I'll have to count the carrots next time but it's $.10-15 per banana

You live in texas or how you know this? (Just asking)