• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegan & Vegetarian Stuff

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I was raised on a beef farm, farming for food has never put me off meat

Clearly :)

On a vaguely related point I see British farmers are going to be "keepers of our heritage" (quote from a minister) when they all go out of business courtesy of our brilliant post brexit world enabling us to import cheap, hormone-soaked beef from Australia, the US and Brazil. I hope all the tory voting brexit supporting farmers are still happy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Clearly :)

On a vaguely related point I see British farmers are going to be "keepers of our heritage" (quote from a minister) when they all go out of business courtesy of our brilliant post brexit world enabling us to import cheap, hormone-soaked beef from Australia, the US and Brazil. I hope all the tory voting brexit supporting farmers are still happy.

Brexit just keeps on giving

My dads farm is mostly milk, not sure if imports from the other side of the world will be up to the travel. Fresh milk doesn't travel well and soon becomes butter or ruined. However, if peeps are happy to forgoe fresh in favour of cheap processed, long life uck then...

His beef sales are local, and farmers markets so i hope this sector is not hit to badly.

Luckily I didn't have the misfortune to be raised tory, my folks are still liberal hippies

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I was in Paris when McDonald's re-opened in France in 1988. Farmers were not pleased. Two tractors towing trailers of cow manure chugged along the busy streets causing havoc. The converged on the new shop and each tipped their load into each of the doorways.
Interesting. What was their motivation?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I was in Paris when McDonald's re-opened in France in 1988. Farmers were not pleased. Two tractors towing trailers of cow manure chugged along the busy streets causing havoc. The converged on the new shop and each tipped their load into each of the doorways.

Having eaten at a McDonald's....

Well, there's not a lot of difference between what the farmers left and what's being sold. Perhaps the 'restaurant'(I feel strange calling McDonald's a restaurant)could have re-marketed it...

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Food for thought.

- The truth about cats and dogs (and how they are consumed in South Korea)

"South Korea is well known as a nation that eats cats and dogs

indifference to the violent methods used

as many as 2m dogs are eaten in the country every year

family pets that have been caught in the streets - or simply sold by their owners at the market

perceived health benefit is that if a dog is hung and beaten to death over a fire, then an increase of adrenaline in its blood will increase the sexual stamina of the person who consumes the flesh

allows shopkeepers to use violent killing methods

seen as essential to the Korean economy

Cats are boiled (sometimes alive) in pressure-cookers

a cat costs about the equivalent of £10

some remain in favour of continuing violent slaughter"

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Okay, I made this tonight:

https://www.pastagrammar.com/post/pomodori-arrosto-italian-baked-tomato-recipe

Italian roasted tomatoes. The recipe is vegan. But meat eaters will love it too. One note, it says to let cool before serving. They are right. I ate one fresh out of the oven since I wanted a taste test, see how it turned out, does it need more salt (turns out it did) etc.. I thought not bad, not great. But as it cooled they flavor came out. Very tasty. Very easy.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Just been to a local vegan festival (there were never vegetarian festivals!) and got this. Apparently you don't need bees to make honey, you just have to spell it differently. :)

C38D5AF9-C6EC-46B6-950D-C377078EB53C.jpeg