• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vedas vs. Bible. A Comparitive Study

This is a book written by a man named Kanyalal Talreja.

I can choose to say many things here, but i decided science, i will put more later.

This is saying that the sun moves and not earth.

"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the fun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day"
-Joshua, 10/13

This is sayign that diseases can be cured by a priest and not a doctor.

" Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the curch; and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord"
James, 5/14

Vedic side of it

"The earth revolves
In its orbit
The Earth revolves
Around its father, the Sun"
Yajur Veda 3/6

More...

"The medicinal herbs
Penetrate and get diffused
Into all limbs and joints of the sick
And like a sharp and stone moderator
Destroys his disease"

Now for more, differnt category...

Knowledge vs. Ignorance

Stating not to go on a path of knowledge

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it"
Genesis 2/17

Same thing...

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy"
Colossians 2/8

The vedic side of it...

"Through knowledge
Immortal bliss is attained"
Yajur Veda 40/14

"Explore the ocean
Explore the sky
And be blessed"
Yajur Veda 6/21

Next round!

Salvation vs. Damnation

It speaks for itself.

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"
Matthew 23/33

"He that is not with me is against me"
Matthew 12/30

The Vedic side of it...

Those who worship others gods
With devotion, worship me"
Gita 9/23

This is orginal..Killing Infants...

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against stones"
Pslams 137/9

Well, this is it for now. Just to say i got my source from a book called "Holy Vedas and Holy Bible A Comparitive Study"

Once again i wish to make clear, i am not bashing christians at all, just bringing this into the open.

This is also an answer to all the Muslim Qua'ran threads. In hope they will stom rambling on and on.

Bishka

Veteran Member
The Bible was not meant to be a science book, geology book, health book, etc. It's theology and man's take on the world in that time and era.

rocketman

Out there...
What are you talking about? Nonsense. If you want to continually say negative things to me, say it in a PM. Where did that come from all of a sudden. You have a knack for tryna make me look bad.
I'm not sure what is meant to be debated here. (this is a debate sub-forum, yes?)

Well, i was hoping someone would say, you are stupid. I hate you and your quotes, go to hell...:D

Catch my drift?

Becky, it seems like your out to get me.

rocketman

Out there...
O...kay...

So you are saying that Vedic knew better than the Christians?

If that's true then what's wrong with Becky's response? (really, I just wanna' know)

ps: you don't look 'bad', it's good that you are putting things up for discussion

Well, if you put in that way, then people of the vedic period did know a lot better.

Becky, seems like, on a lot of threads, always finds fault with my posts in particular. She always something bad to say, i have never heard one thing positive from her. I have complimented her lots of times.

Thanks mate. Nice to see someone likes me:D

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
This is saying that the sun moves and not earth.
"And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the fun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day"
-Joshua, 10/13
Written from Joshuas perspective it makes perfect sense, it is a historical account of what he saw, historical accounts are different from doctrinal statements, for example the bible records things said by men, it records what they said innerrantly in our opinion but that does not make the thing that they said correct.
So when you are looking up from the earth, the sun has the appearance of moving slowly accross the sky as the day progresses, to say that the Sun stood still in the sky can be just another way of saying that time stood still.

This is sayign that diseases can be cured by a priest and not a doctor.
" Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the curch; and let them pray over him, annointing him with oil in the name of the Lord"
James, 5/14
The healing comes from the Lord not the priest, the doctrine is that the prayers of a righteous man are effectual before God, if you read the next verse it is the prayer that helps, asking God for help is not ignorance but extreme wisdom. Also it is possibly when the cause of the sickness is sin, here is that next verse:

James 5:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Vedic side of it

"The earth revolves
In its orbit
The Earth revolves
Around its father, the Sun"
Yajur Veda 3/6
Did the Sun give birth to the earth?

"The medicinal herbs
Penetrate and get diffused
Into all limbs and joints of the sick
And like a sharp and stone moderator
Destroys his disease"
Cows urine helps too doesn't it. :rolleyes:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it"
Genesis 2/17
Same thing...

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy"
Colossians 2/8

The full verse:
Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Any philosophy which is in contradiction to what we learn of Christ Jesus is foolishness, Jesus is our creator and we are complete in Him, we need not go searching for the philosophies given birth in the minds of mere men. And besides it is in the context of our faith not everyday life. As verse 7 (the preceeding vesre shows)

Colossians 2:7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Salvation vs. Damnation
It speaks for itself.
"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"
Matthew 23/33
"He that is not with me is against me"
Matthew 12/30
What is your point? Without justice the order of the universe would fall apart and God would be a partaker and watching bystander of all the crimes of men.

This is orginal..Killing Infants...
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against stones"
Pslams 137/9
God's blessing would be on those who would overthrow babylon and do as they had done to the Jews. This is alluding to the prophecy in Isaiah 13:16 in which Darius and Cyrus are prophesied victory against Babylon and that which they did to Israel would be done to them:

Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Isaiah 13:17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
Psalms 137:8 O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

Here is an exposition of the verse from my favourite precher Charles H. Spurgeon:
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. Fierce was the heart of the Jew who had seen his beloved city the scene of such terrific butchery. His heart pronounced like sentence upon Babylon. She should be scourged with her own whip of wire. The desire for righteous retribution is rather the spirit of the law than of the gospel; and yet in moments of righteous wrath the old fire will burn; and while justice survives in the human breast it will not lack for fuel among the various tyrannies which still survive. We shall be wise to view this passage as a prophecy. History informs us that it was literally fulfilled: the Babylonian people in their terror agreed to destroy their own offspring, and men thought themselves happy when they had put their own wives and children to the sword. Horrible as was the whole transaction, it is a thing to be glad of if we take a broad view of the world's welfare; for Babylon, the gigantic robber, had for many a year slaughtered nations without mercy, and her fall was the rising of many people to a freer and safer state. The murder of innocent infants can never be sufficiently deplored, but it was an incident of ancient warfare which the Babylonians had not omitted in their massacres, and, therefore, they were not spared it themselves. The revenges of providence may be slow, but they are ever sure; neither can they be received with regret by those who see God's righteous hand in them. It is a wretched thing that a nation should need an executioner; but yet if men will commit murders tears are more fitly shed over their victims than over the assassins themselves. A feeling of universal love is admirable, but it must not be divorced from a keen sense of justice. The captives in Babylon did not make music, but they poured forth their righteous maledictions, and these were far more in harmony with their surroundings than songs and laughter could have been. Those who mock the Lord's people will receive more than they desire, to their own confusion: they shall have little enough to make mirth for them, and more than enough to fill them with misery. The execrations of good men are terrible things, for they are not lightly uttered, and they are heard in heaven. "The curse causeless shall not come;" but is there not a cause? Shall despots crush virtue beneath their iron heel and never be punished? Time will show

1. Joshua should have read teh Vedas.

2. Maybe a doctor could have done a little better?

3. Not funny.

4. No but helps more then trying to get rid of a demon.

5. I have a book by the way i got the quotes, you can't have a go at me for not having the full verse.

6. What is saying is, non-christians would damned to hell for eternity.

7. God blesses murderers? Cor!

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
1. Joshua should have read teh Vedas.
The punishment in the Law for going after the gods of the heathen was death, not a good move for Joshua.
2. Maybe a doctor could have done a little better?
Not if the problem is caused by sin as the text implies.

3. Not funny.
None of this is funny.

5. I have a book by the way i got the quotes, you can't have a go at me for not having the full verse.
Why not check to see if what the man is saying is so? Not that I mind helping you to understand of course but some things become so apparent when read in context of the surrounding verses.

6. What is saying is, non-christians would damned to hell for eternity.
I agree, it's not because Christians are so great but because Jesus is so great.

7. God blesses murderers? Cor!
God blesses everyone, He gives life to all, good and bad but there is a day of judgement when everyone will have to answer for the deeds done in his or her body, you reap what you sow, you of all people should understand that.

1. True

2. Did it? My bad. But health related problems should be consulted by doctors.

3. Did the sun give birth to the sun? Not funny.

4. He is saying so. I dont need help in understand my freind. Some of them you did correct me.

5. Because Jesus is so great, we should be damned to hell enternity?

6. No, the point wasn, god blesses murderers to murder more. Thats one evil god.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
2. Did it? My bad. But health related problems should be consulted by doctors.
Agreed. But do not rule out your whole being from your health. Body, Soul and Spirit.

4. He is saying so. I dont need help in understand my freind. Some of them you did correct me.
Fair enough, but never hesitate to ask.
5. Because Jesus is so great, we should be damned to hell enternity?
Because Jesus is so great, sinful man can be saved from damnation. My point was that Christians are only saved because of who Jesus and the victory over death and hell and the punsihment for sinw as won by Him for you and me because He loves us, but like any gift you must appropriate it for yourself.
God has proven His love to you for while you had no hope of ever finding a way for being forgiven for your sins, He provided a way that He can do so without compromising His own justice. He sent His only Son to take the death penalty due to you so that yoy could have eternal life with Him. There is no love like this.

6. No, the point wasn, god blesses murderers to murder more. Thats one evil god.
That is not what the scripture says (to paraphrase), is happy is the man who does to you as you have done to us, it prophesies the destruction of the mighty babylon to be in the same manner as they destroyed Israel.

By the way, is this the book?:
16 - UNSCIENTIFIC TEACHINGS IN BIBLE, SCIENTIFIC TRUTH IN VEDAS

1. True.

2. Oh no, i wouldn't.

3. I dont believe Jesus to be great. I don't see this sin that he paid for (which i never happend) God had sexual union? How can god have children? Thats saying god has a postive gender. Thats sexism in religion.

4. Oh, my bad.

Yes, it was that book. I have the whole one at home.