• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaxine

questfortruth

If some action with one from a million chance will make me infinitely sick, should I make the action? On the other hand, not taking the vaccine is inaction.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
The reason to get a covid vaccine is inorder to prevent hospitalization. Eventhough most people recover from covid, the excessive load on the hospitals triggers a public health emergency which forces local governments to react with policies that may not be popular or even effective.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the US there have been very few, less than 1000 out of the millions who have had the vaccine who have experienced heart problems. They are easily treated. In the same period it is estimated that the vaccine has saved over 20,000 lives and prevented hundreds of thousands from covid.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I can tell you from my own experience that out of everyone I work with in my hospital, none of them have gotten covid after getting the vaccine. Plenty of them have either gotten sick before the vaccine came out, or after they have waited/refused to get the vaccine. I haven't known anyone yet who has died or gotten anything more than a rash from the vaccine (Moderna).

I can't really say much more in regards to the other vaccines, but I can say that I do trust the Moderna vaccine more than I trust getting sick with Covid. I have some coworkers who have had respiratory issues or have lost their sense of taste and smell due to Covid. I'm gonna nope outa that, personally.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The reason to get a covid vaccine is inorder to prevent hospitalization. Eventhough most people recover from covid, the excessive load on the hospitals triggers a public health emergency which forces local governments to react with policies that may not be popular or even effective.
Another reason at my age is to avoid
about a 1 in 20 chance of death.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Another reason at my age is to avoid
about a 1 in 20 chance of death.

Yah...

I wish I could bring people into the CCU and let them look into the window of a covid patient's room and see them dying. It's one thing to see some talking head on TV telling you about something. It's another to see people struggling to breath while they have a bipap strapped to their face.

It's something you don't forget, for sure.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I haven't known anyone yet who has died or gotten anything more than a rash from the vaccine (Moderna).
I live in a tiny village (ca. 1000 people). I heard that 2 died from the vaccination, probably 200 were vaccinated at that time

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I live in a tiny village (ca. 1000 people). I heard that 2 died from the vaccination, probably 200 were vaccinated at that time

I see. Are the folks who died people you knew, or was this hearsay? Also, how many got seriously ill from the vaccine that you are aware of? I'd also be curious to know which vaccine this was.

stvdv

I see. Are the folks who died people you knew, or was this hearsay? Also, how many got seriously ill from the vaccine that you are aware of? I'd also be curious to know which vaccine this was.
One was our school teacher here, female, ca. 28 years old

Even hearsay in a Dutch village of 1000 998 people (just a few streets) = fact;)

I don't talk much to others nor do I read news much, so I don't know if others got seriously ill

Last edited:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My cousin told me about this guy who took the vaccine in some country in Africa died after he was in a car accident, but the local priest said it was either the vaccine directly or God's punishment for taking it. There is no way in Hades I'll ever go into such extremely risky behaviour. My wife insists I take no risks at all. That's why I'm not wearing masks. The cleaner they put in it gives me an allergic reaction, and that allergy could lead me to the druggist who most likely give me an overdose of some drug the multinational vaccine companies are saying is useful just to they can rip us all off.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
When reading the about 100 year history of the ordinary influenza vira which virology experts and vaccines cannot eradicate, I would not take the standing illogical attempts to fight the pandemic by vaccines at all.
My prediction is that the virologists and national "Health Ministeries" ends up recommending annual vaccinations - to not use at all, just like the annual ordinary influenza shots.
And I wouldn't be the least surprised if the same authorities demands pets to be vaccinated too, together with migrating birds and and industrial animals.

It´s all the "Emperors New Clothes".

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You "heard" ... ... "probably 200" ...

And did you validate what you heard? And upon what is your probability based? And what, if any, attendant medical factors existed? And, most importantly, what inferences should we make?

Posts such as yours is irresponsibly rubbish at best.

tas8831

When reading the about 100 year history of the ordinary influenza vira which virology experts and vaccines cannot eradicate, I would not take the standing illogical attempts to fight the pandemic by vaccines at all.
My prediction is that the virologists and national "Health Ministeries" ends up recommending annual vaccinations - to not use at all, just like the annual ordinary influenza shots.
And I wouldn't be the least surprised if the same authorities demands pets to be vaccinated too, together with migrating birds and and industrial animals.

It´s all the "Emperors New Clothes".
That was a lot of words to say "I know virtually nothing about biology or science."

But we knew that.

stvdv

Posts such as yours is irresponsibly rubbish at best.
Posts such as yours is at best:
"Irresponsibly Rubbish", as it is false
"Exhibiting frustration", seeing your word choice
"Foolish", because you state your opinion "that I did not check-facts" as a claim without fact-checking

In short:
"Not friendly"
"Not smart"

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic

Most unlikely.
More likely misinformation.
However people die at the same rate from other causes. whether or not they have been vaccinated.

A few susceptible people have died from blood clots after having the Astra Zenica Vaccine, though this is now extremely rare as it is treatable. It happened to a Doctor in her 40's in our local town. it was very sad but a very rare complication. Statistically it would not be measurable. However several thousand have died in the same region from the virus.
One must keep a sense of proportion.