• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vatican Pontifical Academy For Life issues statement Supreme Court abortion decision

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We can't really bar such people from serving.
But we can inform leaders that we want justices
who'll treat the Constitution and a diverse public
as paramount. And we want some diversity, ie,
not just Catholics & a couple other of similar ilk.
We can ban them because Dominionismt is inherently NOT going to uphold and respect the Constitution.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The States banning abortion right now are either Southern Baptist majority and/or Evangelical majority.
So it is not just "Catholics". ;)
Of course.
But Catholics have commandeered SCOTUS.
They now hold the power to decide what rights
we have or lack.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
We can ban them because Dominionismt is inherently NOT going to uphold and respect the Constitution.
That is certainly a trait they have that would cause their exclusion.
I just wouldn't ban them for identifying a such.
Think of exclusion as a consequence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That is certainly a trait they have that would cause their exclusion.
I just wouldn't ban them for identifying a such.
Think of exclusion as a consequence.
This is a country for all, not a country to brought under the heel particular sectarian dogma.
Although I do agree banning them would just have them denying it. Better for a highly rigid and intentionally tricky interview and questionnaire for them to answer. If the average citizen is expected to be a "good fit" for the job we must ensure the highest judges in the land are suitable (even the lowest judges as well).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is a country for all, not a country to brought under the heel particular sectarian dogma.
Although I do agree banning them would just have them denying it. Better for a highly rigid and intentionally tricky interview and questionnaire for them to answer. If the average citizen is expected to be a "good fit" for the job we must ensure the highest judges in the land are suitable (even the lowest judges as well).
It's a country for people of many beliefs.
But some shouldn't have certain powers over others.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's a country for people of many beliefs.
But some shouldn't have certain powers over others.
Yup. The separation of church and state is how it was designed to be a country for people of many beliefs. The Baptists were even a fierce religious advocate of it.
But now they want it just for fundamentalist Prods and the Catholics who will go along with it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yup. The separation of church and state is how it was designed to be a country for people of many beliefs. The Baptists were even a fierce religious advocate of it.
But now they want it just for fundamentalist Prods and the Catholics who will go along with it.
Too many think religious freedom is
for people who believe the same.
Rather pointless, eh.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Of course.
But Catholics have commandeered SCOTUS.
They now hold the power to decide what rights
we have or lack.
For example I know a couple of Christians who believe in Creation and who are staunchly anti-abortion.
As soon as I told them that in those states there is creationism and ban on abortion, they shed a little tear sighing "Lucky them. We are a Pagan country:cry:".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
For example I know a couple of Christians who believe in Creation and who are staunchly anti-abortion.
As soon as I told them that in those states there is creationism and ban on abortion, they shed a little tear sighing "Lucky them. We are a Pagan country:cry:".
Certainly some foreigners oppose abortion rights.
Did you know that many of'm also favor abortion rights?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I meant is that in what is (falsely) considered "the homeland of Catholicism", there is abortion, evolutionism...and so on.;)
Homeland schmomeland....
Twas Catholic justices in SCOTUS who voided abortion rights.
And one has set his sights on contraception & gay marriage.
Perhaps they'll want biblical creationism taught in public schools
next? (Justices are generally weak in the sciences.)

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Homeland schmomeland....
Twas Catholic justices in SCOTUS who voided abortion rights.
And one has set his sights on contraception & gay marriage.
Perhaps they'll want biblical creationism taught in public schools
next? (Justices are generally weak in the sciences.)
But you don't live in those states. So...if I were you, I wouldnt care.:)