• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Various kinds of Atheism

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
One may like to read my post #182 in another thread in the forum , please.

Regards

Are you referring to this?

" It is necessary that a claim and the reasons in support of it must be set forth from a revealed book."

This is illogical. One has to prove that a book is revealed first, and if one cannot examine claims outside of what a book claims, then determining whether anything is true is impossible. I wouldn't say that that is the religious method because most religions do not use it, as a lot of religions are based on experience and not a book.

Samael_Khan

Goosebender
Abrahamic religious beliefs are unexamined?

Remember that I wrote this "You can have a strong argument against Abrahamic beliefs because they use the real world as evidence which is examinable". To say that a monotheistic God definitely doesn't exist though falls in the realm of declaring a positive with something unexaminable.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Western? Eastern? Are there also northern and southern atheists? If an eastern atheist moves west, does she become a western atheist? How far east does a western atheist have to move to become eastern?

"There Is No "Eastern" Solution" Christopher Hitchens.
Right?

Whether the Eastern Atheism non-believers describe themselves under the apparel of Buddhism (while Buddha was a truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d) and or project themselves as Agnostics/Skeptics to please the Western Atheism, it is not acceptable to the Western Atheism as they started due to the reaction to the mythical Pauline-Christianity (who mythically elevated Jesus to "son of god" or "god" or " god in flesh", without bones to stand upon. While Jesus was a Jew and believed in Oneness of G-d and he was never a Christian.), I understand. Right?
The same is the case of Hinduism people, I figure. Right?

Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
"There Is No "Eastern" Solution" Christopher Hitchens.
Right?

Whether the Eastern Atheism non-believers describe themselves under the apparel of Buddhism (while Buddha was a truthful Messenger/Prophet of G-d) and or project themselves as Agnostics/Skeptics to please the Western Atheism, it is not acceptable to the Western Atheism as they started due to the reaction to the mythical Pauline-Christianity (who mythically elevated Jesus to "son of god" or "god" or " god in flesh", without bones to stand upon. While Jesus was a Jew and believed in Oneness of G-d and he was never a Christian.), I understand. Right?
The same is the case of Hinduism people, I figure. Right?
Just to add ,there could be White Atheism?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Western? Eastern? Are there also northern and southern atheists? If an eastern atheist moves west, does she become a western atheist? How far east does a western atheist have to move to become eastern?
One may like to read the following :

Excerpt from Kunal Srivastava "So in order to explain this let's see the 3 kinds of atheist I have come across. (Yes, I know an atheist is an atheist. Bear with me)
1. Western Athiest
2. Indian atheist
3. Hindu Atheist
Western atheist: It is simple and clear. There is no God. No supernatural stuff. They ‘usually’ mean the Abhramic god. And Hindu god is assumed to be similar because of deities like Krishna and shiva. Hence, no different from the Christian god.
It’s uninformed but fair enough. They give answers like, I don’t know much about Hinduism, but they are all (religions) the same. You will also find some who are in love with the Vedas and Upanishads and still call themselves atheists.
Indian atheist. They are similar to western atheist but with a difference. I’ve seen 2 kinds. Let’s call them Informed and the fashionable.
Fashionable Indian Athiest: This person has little or no idea of Hinduism. He still believes the Mahabharat and Ramayan are the Shruti, I doubt he even knows what Shruti means. He thinks the definition of the Hindu and Christian god are the same. He has never read or heard of the Upanishad. He doesn’t know what Brahman is. He finds a reason only because of the social evils that he has seen in the society. They like the irreverence and rebel attitude of atheism. An analogy would be wearing a Kurt Cobain t-shirt, but don’t have enough knowledge about nirvana. Just coz it’s cool. Yep, I’m a child of the 90s. They will harp on the stereotypical reasons for not believing in Hindu god. Question them intellectually and they will be found out.
Informed Indian Athiest: These are well read, they understand Hinduism. They educate themselves and have a good reason to be an atheist.
Then we have Hindu Atheist: These are atheists who are the definition of atheism. They don’t believe in god or gods. So what’s different? And what makes them Hindu?" Unquote
What's the difference between atheists and Hindu atheists? - Quora
Right?

Regards