• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Values to live by!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you are enjoying your time with us here at the forum today.

This site popped up during a recent search and I felt like sharing it - not entirely sure which area of the forum to post it to ...

What are your values in life?

This article lists and describes 29 - it's a bit long but worth the read in my humble opinion :)

Here's a little taste -

Kindness is about treating others the way you want to be treated.

It’s more than just holding your tongue when you’re tempted to say something unkind; kindness looks for ways to make life better for others. It takes delight in lifting others up and reminding them they’re not alone, invisible, or insignificant.

Kindness and compassion are closely related; the latter involves the readiness to see a situation from someone else’s perspective and to give them the benefit of the doubt. It also takes into consideration what the other person has gone through and chooses to respond with kindness rather than anger or vengefulness.

Both demonstrate at least a subliminal appreciation for the connectedness of all living beings; when you show kindness and compassion to others, you benefit (at least) as much as they do.

Read the full list here -

29 Of The Most Important Values To Live By

All the best!