• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccine rollout begins!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is good but if the uk government has pulled out all stops to rush approve this then i ask, which MPs are on the Pfizer board?

Altfish

Veteran Member
This is good but if the uk government has pulled out all stops to rush approve this then i ask, which MPs are on the Pfizer board?
Unfortunately, one of their cronies will be making a nice buck from this.
It is positive news though, light at the end of the tunnel. Just please don't put Dildo Harding in charge of its roll-out

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Unfortunately, one of their cronies will be making a nice buck from this.
It is positive news though, light at the end of the tunnel. Just please don't put Dildo Harding in charge of its roll-out
Nah, it'll be a mate from talktalk or Cheltenham race course.

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
Kinda surprised by the fact that elderly and the caretakers are on the priority list there.

Or maybe my country is the weird one.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Kinda surprised by the fact that elderly and the caretakers are on the priority list there.

Or maybe my country is the weird one.

The elderly are among the most likely to die from it.
And carers are those most likely to spread it to them.
The other priority group are hospital NHS and emergency workers.

Rye_P

Deo Juvante
The elderly are among the most likely to die from it.
And carers are those most likely to spread it to them.
The other priority group are hospital NHS and emergency workers.

Elderly and those that works in private company (including their family members) are on the bottom of the list and most likely will get their vaccines on 2022. Our government didn't put on their mind that economics are bad, prices for daily needs are steadily increasing and there's almost no significant raise in their salary this year due to the inflation (only around 1 - 3% raise in around the country). So those in middle class will be the one that suffer a lot.

This will be interesting tho, mixed the vaccinated with those that vulnerable and unable to lay their hands on the vaccines. One year differences is a huge gap, and in my worst nightmare, the viruses gonna adapt into something more dangerous.

Charming~

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
The vaccine will not be available for sale in the UK. So there will be no juping the queue. It will only be available through the NHS. it will be free to everyone.

The main problem of the present vaccine is going to be the logistics of division of the large deep fozen packs to small care homes and surgeries. And the short 5 hour service life after it is defrozen.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There seem to be 2 more vaccines coming down the tracks, at least one of which does not need storing at such a low temperature.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Does that mean the UK will lift its lockdowns? People no longer will be required to wear masks?
It will take several months to do the whole population (twice). I'm guessing there'll be regular reviews. The UK (as a generalisation) currently has a tiered system (varies between nations).

"Do I think there will come a big moment where we have a massive party and throw our masks and hand sanitiser and say ‘that’s it, it’s behind us’, like the end of the war? No, I don’t. I think those kind of habits that we have learned from... will, perhaps persist for many years, and that may be a good thing if they do."

- Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam,

Last edited: