• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaccinated papers/card and voter ID

We Never Know

No Slack
Have you noticed....

There may be a few that aren't but with most....

The same people who are for vaccinated papers/or card are against voter ID.

And

The same people who are for voter ID are against vaccinated papers/or card.

Insanity at its best :D

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Yeah, things are getting crazy, @We Never Know . If it gets any worse, you and I should take a road trip!

(Note: I didn't say a road trip together. For all one knows, we could be going in opposite directions to create more distance.)

epronovost

Have you noticed....

And

Not really the same thing. Voting is a fundamental right while going to the mall without a face mask is a luxury. They are two different things with very different ramification. The fact that you didn't even considered that is a bit worrying (unless it was just dad-level humor in which case *groan*)

We Never Know

No Slack
Not really the same thing. Voting is a fundamental right while going to the mall without a face mask is a luxury. They are two different things with very different ramification. The fact that you didn't even considered that is a bit worrying (unless it was just dad-level humor in which case *groan*)

In my opinion both groups use political affiliations to base their acceptance or rejection of things....
Most of the first group are dems
Most of the second group are repubs

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Vaccine ID cost nothing, is readily available to all in the US, and isn't being constructed to obstruct voting of 'the wrong types of people.'

epronovost

In my opinion both groups use political affiliations to base their acceptance or rejection of things....

That would be a genetic fallacy. That two groups support different positions doesn't mean both groups are doing it n the basis of tribalism instead of other reasons.

We Never Know

No Slack
That would be a genetic fallacy. That two groups support different positions doesn't mean both groups are doing it n the basis of tribalism instead of other reasons.

Not a fallacy. Watch the forum and you will see this(below) holds much truth...

"Most of the first group are dems
Most of the second group are repubs"

I didn't say they base their choices because of the party.

Last edited:

epronovost

I didn't say they base their choices because of the party.

Yes you did.

I bolded the passage where you say both group use their political affiliation to base their acceptance or rejection of policies. In other words, Democrats agree on X policies because the Democratic Party is for X policies and vice versa. Implying that this is true based on political division is a fallacy.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes you did.

I bolded the passage where you say both group use their political affiliation to base their acceptance or rejection of policies. In other words, Democrats agree on X policies because the Democratic Party is for X policies and vice versa. Implying that this is true based on political division is a fallacy.

True. That's my opinion. It doesn't make it truth or false or fallacy. It makes it simply my opinion.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you noticed....

And

Well, you know what's coming next? Everyone will have a barcode tattooed on their head. They'll use scanners which would be tied in to a database with all your information. It could come in handy for ferreting out communist spies.

We Never Know

No Slack
Yes you did.

Here's another one for you...
If i say, "in my opinion a god doesn't exist"... Is that a fallacy or simply my opinion?

We Never Know

No Slack
Well, you know what's coming next? Everyone will have a barcode tattooed on their head. They'll use scanners which would be tied in to a database with all your information. It could come in handy for ferreting out communist spies.

The bar code. Like the movie " Hitman"

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Have you noticed....

And

Who's against voter ID?

I find it interesting how many of the people who staunchly defend the right of a business to refuse customers (when the customers are a gay couple buying a cake) are freaking out at the right of a business to refuse customers (when the customers are doing their best to spread a deadly disease in the middle of a pandemic).

epronovost

What is it called when people claim they know for sure a god does or doesn't exist?

It's the exact same fallacy. It's a bare assertion. For it not to be a bare assertion one must defend his or her own opinion with an argument like "I don't believe God exists because nobody has ever proven the existence of any spiritual creature" that's an argument. It's not a perfect argument so one can't claim certainty that God doesn't exist with it, but it's a strong argument enough to justify serious doubt.

We Never Know

No Slack
Who's against voter ID?

I find it interesting how many of the people who staunchly defend the right of a business to refuse customers (when the customers are a gay couple buying a cake) are freaking out at the right of a business to refuse customers (when the customers are doing their best to spread a deadly disease in the middle of a pandemic).

Who's staunchly defending the rights of a business to refuse peopke?

Not me and that's wasn't in my post.

We Never Know

No Slack
It's the exact same fallacy. It's a bare assertion. For it not to be a bare assertion one must defend his or her own opinion with an argument like "I don't believe God exists because nobody has ever proven the existence of any spiritual creature" that's an argument. It's not a perfect argument so one can't claim certainty that God doesn't exist with it, but it's a strong argument enough to justify serious doubt.
An opinion is an opinion, that's it. A claim is an assertion. A false unsupported claim can be a fallacy but not an opinion.