1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

vaccinated or not, get your mask.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by We Never Know, Jul 27, 2021.

1. sun rise

sun rise "This is the Hour of God"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +30,040
    Religion:
    Love
    I've also seen full dog poop bags tossed on the ground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,562
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    Maybe, but immunity is never 100%, so you can still spread the virus to other people, even if you have no symptoms. In areas where vaccination is low, it makes sense if everyone wears a mask, to send a signal to each other that you are all doing your bit to help one another.

Wear a washable mask. That's what I've been doing. There is no use throw-away types. I have had both shots, plus had the disease itself a year ago, so I'm in the same personal position as you claim to be, i.e. I most probably have good immunity. But I wear a mask nonetheless, so as not to undermine the habit in the population - and just in case I might be symptomatically infectious, one day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Suave

Suave Active Member

Ratings:
    +614
    Religion:
    None
    Rather than me following suggestions from folks on the internet, I happen to prefer following the science suggesting mRNA vaccinated persons like me are far less likely to spread C.O.V.I.D.-19. Also please keep in mind, reusable masks need washing that does use energy. In my environmentally friendly opinion, we should conserve energy rather than waste energy washing masks we need not wear.

New Data on COVID-19 Transmission by Vaccinated Individuals

4. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,562
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    It reduces the risk of course, but there are plenty of cases of people with both shots who subsequently catch the virus, and plenty more cases of people who have had the diseases once and get it a second time. They are most unlikely to get seriously ill if they have previous immunity, but they can still infect others.

But, as I say, there is a strong element of social solidarity involved. If everyone wears one, it puts pressure on those few that don't - who will generally be the most likely people to be infected.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +6,016
    Who are these sinister people that want us to "drink the kool aid?"

• Like Like x 1
  6. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,562
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    What is the "kool-aid" here?

7. We Never Know

We Never Know Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,559
    Religion:
    It exists
    They all 7 were symptomatic which means they can spread it. This "Im vaccinated so I can't get it or spread it" mentality needs to be buried. That's my opinion.

"Stanford University reported at least seven confirmed cases of COVID-19 among fully vaccinated students this week.

All seven students were symptomatic, according to the school.

University reports 7 breakthrough cases of COVID-19 among fully vaccinated students

8. Wildswanderer

Wildswanderer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +354
    Religion:
    Christian
    Using a mask again is like wiping your face with used toilet paper. Recycle that bacteria, baby!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kooky

Kooky Freedom from Sanity

Ratings:
    +1,645
    Let me guess, your environmentalism goes exactly as far as refusing to wear masks, and stops at that.

10. 9-10ths_Penguin

9-10ths_Penguin 1/10 Subway Stalinist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +19,183
    Religion:
    None (atheist)
    Are you joking?

11. Suave

Suave Active Member

Ratings:
    +614
    Religion:
    None
    Nlot quite, I drive an electric powered vehicle, and also I am an avid recycler. I leave a very small carbon footprint.

#31 Suave, Jul 28, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  12. Suave

Suave Active Member

Ratings:
    +614
    Religion:
    None
    Masking up isn't nearly as effective as being mRNA vaccinated in order to prevent infections by C.O.V.I.D.-19, I suspect in many cases they may even offer a false sense of security; although masks are usually pretty effective at hiding one's full identity, I suppose robbers and rioters like wearing them.

13. exchemist

exchemist Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +12,562
    Religion:
    RC (culturally at least)
    You are not taking in what I am saying, so we might as well stop at this point.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Suave

Suave Active Member

Ratings:
    +614
    Religion:
    None
    I take C.O.V.I.D.-19 as well as being a good environmentalist quite seriously. The entire adult population should have been fully vaccinated by now. I recently mentioned in another thread, "I'm mRNA vaccinated against C.O.V.I.D-19, because I don't want to take any chance of me once again spreading this horrible disease to people around me who are not very well immune from C.O.V.I.D.-19. My ex-wife and 82 year old father fell quite ill to being infected; fortunately, both were able to recover without hospitalization. My 75 year old mother almost died from C.O.V.I.D.-19. She was hospitalized for five days. She still has problems breathing, I suspect her lungs got severely scarred. My ex-wife blames me for giving her C.O.V.I.D-19 when I was removing all my belongings out of our house. I didn't mean to get her sick, I did not even know I was infected"

I'd like to urge anybody who has not already been vaccinated, please do so. I don't want anybody else having to live through the guilt of causing any of his/her loved ones to get sick by spreading this horrible disease to them.

F.Y.I....Us mRNA vaccinated persons aren't the ones spreading around the delta variant of C.O.V.I.D.-19.

Most vaccinated people do not spread COVID-19: Israel Health Ministry

New Data on COVID-19 Transmission by Vaccinated Individuals

15. Shaul

Shaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,878
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Anyone that claims to be following the science should already be questioning all claims. Who is funding your sources? Do they have a vested interest in a particular outcome?

16. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +6,016
    Great.

So who are the sinister people who want everyone to drink the Kool-Aid here?

17. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Rival's Creepy Uncle
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +69,617
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I've heard much about corruption in science, big pharma,
    politicians. This is always to justify suspicion as a basis
    for anti-vax. But what alternative based upon cromulent
    facts do the critics offer? I've see nothing...just looking
    at bias confirming potential conspiracies & ignoring the
    greater risks of Covid compared to vaxxing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +6,016
    Exactly.

I think I've mentioned before that I've got a friend who buys into every single conspiracy theory you've ever heard. And I'm not joking, I mean every one. And it is so depressing.
    He thinks the world governments are preparing for a "great reset" but first they have to cull the herd with these poisonous vaccines, which, by the way, they're also using to insert microchips into your brain to keep you under their control. 5G Also has something to do with this, but I'm a bit confused about those details. This is all being carried out by the Clintons and the Rothchilds (definitely not Trump though) who spend their spare time kidnapping and raping children in the basement of pizza parlours while they drink baby's blood which makes them more powerful (or something). Seriously, he tells me there is video of this on the dark web; though he's never actually seen it, of course.
    I am not joking. And I have no idea how to deal with people who buy into this stuff.

19. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Rival's Creepy Uncle
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +69,617
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I know enuf people to know you're not joking.
    Additional beliefs...
    - Satan is behind the virus.
    Only enuf Christians sincerely praying can save us.
    - Biden & MI's Governor Whitmer are behind it.
    - They plan to alter our DNA.
    - They're making us magnetic with their nanobots.

#39 Revoltingest, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. SkepticThinker

Ratings:
    +6,016
    Oh, I forgot about the magnetic thing! That one really takes the cake. o_O