• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vacation To U.S. To Give Birth

David T

Premium Member
Russian vice president trump can just sign an executive order negating the 14th amendment get president Putin to approve its easy.

President Putin wanted out of the nuclear arms treaty vise president Trump signed an executive order so president Putin would look good in disengaging from the treaty. All hail president Putin.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Maybe we need to look at changing the 14th Amendment.
As a Nation of Immigrants, with an astoundingly ugly record of genocide and slavery, I am fine with that Constitutional Law.

It's the 2nd Amendment that needs to be reinterpreted, as I am confident that the Founding Fathers didn't intend to support the rights of the mentally ill to possess high powered automatic firearms.
Tom

esmith

Veteran Member
As a Nation of Immigrants, with an astoundingly ugly record of genocide and slavery, I am fine with that Constitutional Law.

It's the 2nd Amendment that needs to be reinterpreted, as I am confident that the Founding Fathers didn't intend to support the rights of the mentally ill to possess high powered automatic firearms.
Tom
Guess you forgot that if one is adjudicated mentally ill one can not purchase a firearm. But I forgive you for thinking this was about the 2nd Amendment vice the 14th

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
vise president

Z-xNIykcpEx_.JPG

I didn't know that vises had their own president. ;)

PureX

Veteran Member
Well it seems that the authorities have arrested You Win USA employees for running a scheme to bring pregnant women to the U.S. so babies could be born in the U.S. and become citizens. I'm sure that this isn't the only ones doing this, and this includes individuals.

Travel agents charged with bringing pregnant Chinese women to give birth on U.S. soil
If they've been charged, then it's already illegal, and the law is being enforced, because they've gotten caught. So why do you want more laws? What purpose would that serve?

esmith

Veteran Member
If they've been charged, then it's already illegal, and the law is being enforced, because they've gotten caught. So why do you want more laws? What purpose would that serve?
Not a law, just a change to the 14th Amendment, that would require the mother or father to be a citizen of the U.S. before a baby is considered a "natural born" citizen. This would not preclude applying for becoming a naturalized citizen.
You know like most of the rest of the world. Say like France's requirements.

PureX

Veteran Member
Not a law, just a change to the 14th Amendment, that would require the mother or father to be a citizen of the U.S. before a baby is considered a "natural born" citizen. This would not preclude applying for becoming a naturalized citizen.
You know like most of the rest of the world. Say like France's requirements.
Congress can't agree on what day it is. Do you really think there is any hope, ever, of them adding an amendment to the Constitution? And why is it so important that these babies not be allowed to be U.S. citizens?

esmith

Veteran Member
Congress can't agree on what day it is. Do you really think there is any hope, ever, of them adding an amendment to the Constitution? And why is it so important that these babies not be allowed to be U.S. citizens?
Why don't you ask that question to other countries about their citizenship laws?
Seems like there are those that say "the rest of the world does X" so why not be like the rest of the world?

esmith

Veteran Member
Do you really think there is any hope of changing the healthcare in the U.S. given your above statement.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well it seems that the authorities have arrested You Win USA employees for running a scheme to bring pregnant women to the U.S. so babies could be born in the U.S. and become citizens. I'm sure that this isn't the only ones doing this, and this includes individuals.

Travel agents charged with bringing pregnant Chinese women to give birth on U.S. soil
We need labor to replace us old people, and some of those children could save this country someday. IOW, why be so paranoid?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, the problem isn't the lack of laws but the enforcement of the laws is what you are saying then isn't it.
Therefore we do not need any more laws about firearms do we.
We need some new laws (such as requiring safety training across the board for everyone and all who want to buy a gun), we need to be more strict in some areas (being intoxicated and handling a firearm should be no different than handling a motor vehicle while intoxicated), and we have to cause social changes that will cause pressures to enforce what we have. We'll never have that, though, if people keep harping on about how it is everyone's right to own a gun.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Tom
What?!? You would deny me my bump stock AR-15?

On a serious note it is quite the compliment that the rather well to do from China see the U.S. as the most desirable country for their children's citizenship.