• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utilitarian/Hedonistic Religions?

omega2xx

You don't need to. We are here in the discussion section anyway, not in debates.
But I could ask you the same: Why should I believe in your theology?

You shouldn't believe my theology. Everyone needs to do the own study and make up their own minds. I don have the ability to convince you I am right.

Your theology is based on written word, mine on what my self tells me. Maybe the whole world is an illusion, I can never know - the existence of my self is the only thing I can be sure of.

You can be sure of many more truths than yourself.

However, that doesn't mean that those who caused it to spread were mainly homosexuals, as you claimed before.
And I would strongly doubt that everyone knew the danger.

The history of its spread in Africa says differently. They didn't know the danger originally, but even after they did, they would not stop their homosexual conduct.

I would assume that homophobic means "opposed to homosexual conduct" - or what would you say it means?[/QUOTE]

Instead of assuming, you need to look up the words;

homo---man
phobia--fear fear of man.

We do not fear homosexuals. They are our neighbors, not our enemy. We are to love our neighbor and we are to love our enemies. If it is a sin, as the Bible says, the loving things to do would be to tell them. Even if it is not a sin, the loving things to do would be to tell them homosexual conduct may kill you.

Liu

You can be sure of many more truths than yourself.
Examples, please.

The history of its spread in Africa says differently. They didn't know the danger originally, but even after they did, they would not stop their homosexual conduct.
If you want to convince anyone here of this, you need to provide sources.

Instead of assuming, you need to look up the words;

homo---man
phobia--fear fear of man.

We do not fear homosexuals. They are our neighbors, not our enemy. We are to love our neighbor and we are to love our enemies. If it is a sin, as the Bible says, the loving things to do would be to tell them. Even if it is not a sin, the loving things to do would be to tell them homosexual conduct may kill you.
I know ancient Greek, so I know what it literally means. And "homo" means "equal", "same" in Greek. It's Latin where it means "human". But in many cases the literal meaning has not that clear a relation to the actual meaning, which is, according to the Merriam Webster dictionary: " irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals". And commonly it's used in the last aspect of the meaning, discrimination.