• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This is not a straw man....

"Simple question. Do you think anyone say 16 and under should be able to make the decision to have a complete sex change?

At what age should they be able to make that decision?"

If you think it is..explian why you think it is instead of crying foul.
Depends on their maturity.
In Australia the legal age of consent is actually 16 across the board. This is typically to stop teens being arrested for…well being teens if you follow?
But 16 is also an age where a person is legally able to consent to all manner of medical procedures as well many adult decisions, such as housing food education ect.
If I’m not mistaken a teenager in the states can be legally emancipated at such an age as well, in certain circumstances. Meaning the legal line is somewhat blurred for adolescents for many adult life decisions. Even in the US which is regarded as somewhat backwards in regards to the developed world
(sorry but that’s how you’re viewed.)
Regardless. A teenager, whether 18 or 16 should be listening to the medical advice given to them by relevant experts. No?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is not a straw man....

"Simple question. Do you think anyone say 16 and under should be able to make the decision to have a complete sex change?

At what age should they be able to make that decision?"

If you think it is..explian why you think it is instead of crying foul.
It is. No one is proposing that. Did you read her answer to you? She gave you the benefit of the doubt and reinterpreted your question.

No one is proposing that "16 and under should be able to make the decision to have a complete sex change" . There will always be doctors and therapists involved. The child would not make that decision all by him or herself. That is why your question was a strawman question.

And if you do not understand why your question is a strawman question when others point out that flaw you should ask them how if you do not see it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your attempts to change your story are pathetic. Have fun straw-manning others and thinking of us as sexual predators for no reason.

You mean that you aren't? I thought that transgenderism was all about sneaking into the girl's bathroom. Oh well, live and learn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well I do not feel like answering when there is someone that has gone through the experience here. There is just a teeny tiny itsy bitsy chance that I could get EVERYTHING WRONG!!!
I'm sure you're not totally in the dark. Regarding the five black cops who recently went to jail, I can point out examples of black people calling out black cops. That's fine. I'm not speaking for them, I'm just showing their words.

We Never Know

No Slack
It is. No one is proposing that. Did you read her answer to you? She gave you the benefit of the doubt and reinterpreted your question.

No one is proposing that "16 and under should be able to make the decision to have a complete sex change" . There will always be doctors and therapists involved. The child would not make that decision all by him or herself. That is why your question was a strawman question.

And if you do not understand why your question is a strawman question when others point out that flaw you should ask them how if you do not see it.

As I said its not up to medical Dr's that can perform the procedure. It should be many years of therapy with the right Dr's.

Oh and I could list the post. But search for it lol

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I said its not up to medical Dr's that can perform the procedure. It should be many years of therapy with the right Dr's.
I already explained to you there is a process!
That's how profoundly ignorant all these cisjerks are running around thinking they know everything. They want to call the shots and insist their uneducated and ignorant opinions should matter. But while doing it they make it perfectly clear they don't know the first thing about this subject at large.
Back in the day we just assumed people were educated by Jerry Springer who said such way off target things.
And I said there's a process and here you are not even asking about it.

We Never Know

No Slack
I already explained to you there is a process!
That's how profoundly ignorant all these cisjerks are running around thinking they know everything. They want to call the shots and insist their uneducated and ignorant opinions should matter. But while doing it they make it perfectly clear they don't know the first thing about this subject at large.
Back in the day we just assumed people were educated by Jerry Springer who said such way off target things.
And I said there's a process and here you are not even asking about it.

cisjerks?

Really? I am a male. I do not need a label. I was born male, lived as a male, worked as a male, had sex as a male, had children as a male, raised and provided for my family as a male.
This cis BS is just labeling others because trans, gay, lesbian, etc are labeled.
Why do people who stay as they are born need a label?
Does it make you feel better to label me?

Last edited:

JDMS

Academic Workhorse
cisjerks?

Really? I am a male. I do not need a label.
This cis BS is just labeling others because trans, gay, lesbian, etc need to be labeled.

Cis-trans heterozygotes. Cis-trans isomerism. Cis-trans faces of the golgi apparatus. Cis-trans peptides. These are just things that come to mind that use the cis-trans label to describe natural phenomena because distinctions such as these are important.

We Never Know

No Slack
Cis-trans heterozygotes. Cis-trans isomerism. Cis-trans faces of the golgi apparatus. Cis-trans peptides. These are just things that come to mind that use the cis-trans label to describe natural phenomena because distinctions such as these are important.

I am a male. Born and raised. Why label me for being what nature made me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
cisjerks?

Really? I am a male. I do not need a label.
This cis BS is just labeling others because trans, gay, lesbian, etc need to be labeled.
No, you just apparently don't know what it means or how to take it. Like when I rant about "normies." That's very typically in regards to how non-autistic people often make life harder for those with autism and other neuro divergent conditions.
In this spespecific case, using cis is to refer to a specific group parameter of the population, followed by jerk to indicate this is a grievance not against all cis people (cis simply means your birth sex and gender align) but those of a certain definition, this being ignorant laymen who think their uninformed and uneducated opinions should matter and count just as much as the experts who actually study and work with the transcommunity, amd even over rule those who are actually trans.
Amd if you don't like such words then be a better person. There are many, many people who have something that makes them different, and while they don't suffer from what makes them different they do suffer from other people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So are you. So why are you labeled then chose to label me? But now you inspired a thread.. .
Fine. I'll quit making distinctions and lump you and transmen together 100% of the time, in all things. You're both just men. Never any reason to clarify and make that distinction.

We Never Know

No Slack
All of us have labels placed upon us. Some with more restrictions than others. Welcome to the human world
I’ve been labeled as cis, an ally, a supporter of evil degenerates (LGBTQ+ community) dumb, alcoholic, a leftist loser etc
Meh

I am male. My wife is female. No cis needed for either of us to understand.