• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Utah becomes first state in 2023 to ban gender-affirming care for transgender minors

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Thousands of years ago they also made human sacrifices
Performing medically approved procedures on infants based on decades and even centuries worth of scientific research is perhaps a touch different to ancient rituals done for the reason of mere superstitions. Just hazarding a guess there

Unless you are against science I suppose?
Do you oppose science?

We Never Know

No Slack
Performing medically approved procedures on infants based on decades and even centuries worth of scientific research is perhaps a touch different to ancient rituals done for the reason of mere superstitions. Just hazarding a guess there

Unless you are against science I suppose?
Do you oppose science?

I'm all about science. I also wouldn't spend my 12 year old child to fire training school because at that age he wants to be a firemen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Science, biology...you name it.
Fundie legislators know best.
That's what happens when you believe that a book of very ancient and ancient mythologies and translations that has been shoddily and poorly translated over the years is an inerrant and literal account of world history that contains all the answers you really need.

We Never Know

No Slack
That's what happens when you believe that a book of very ancient and ancient mythologies and translations that has been shoddily and poorly translated over the years is an inerrant and literal account of world history that contains all the answers you really need.

How is it that waiting until the child is 18 years old to make major decisions is blamed on the bible?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Under 18 is key here as I said in the OP.

It would be illegal for the Dr over 18 to have sex with them but its ok for the same Dr to change their sex??? Really!
Surely you know how poor of comparison that is. Sex with a minor is wrong but its ok for the same Dr to operate on them as a patient? Yes.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm all about science. I also wouldn't spend my 12 year old child to fire training school because at that age he wants to be a firemen.
Sure. Medical decisions ideally should be made by adults. Even if it’s against medical advice.
The thing is though, legislating something like this bars actual medically approved procedures being performed for legitimate health reasons. I already mentioned Swyer Syndrome. The reason external sex organs are removed in such cases is for actual real life medical reasons. The gonads do produce testosterone and this does actually impact negatively on the puberty on the individual and may even cause other significant medical ailments in the future.
Typically medical professionals perform a sex alignment or in this case realignment surgery on the individual because the medical benefits outweigh the medical cons. A doctor should be the one to determine the correct medical procedure on an individual. They are the expert in the scenario after all.
Regardless of the patient’s age. Otherwise you’re just legislating against medicine
That’s never a good idea

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How is it that waiting until the child is 18 years old to make major decisions is blamed on the bible?
That's what fundamentalists Christians widely believe, and they think they have all the answers and they are contained in the Bible.
Amd it is entirely inappropriate for the government to decide someone can't get a treatment that a doctor has approved for a patient. They need to butt out and let these things be decided between patient and doctor, people going through it and those who have actually studied it, not cispeople who know very little about the subject yet go on harping on about what they think as if it should matter and count for something.

We Never Know

No Slack
That's what fundamentalists Christians widely believe, and they think they have all the answers and they are contained in the Bible.
Amd it is entirely inappropriate for the government to decide someone can't get a treatment that a doctor has approved for a patient. They need to butt out and let these things be decided between patient and doctor, people going through it and those who have actually studied it, not cispeople who know very little about the subject yet go on harping on about what they think as if it should matter and count for something.
Ok so you saying whatever a child wants should be approved and performed by a Dr. Right?

We Never Know

No Slack
Sure. Medical decisions ideally should be made by adults. Even if it’s against medical advice.
The thing is though, legislating something like this bars actual medically approved procedures being performed for legitimate health reasons. I already mentioned Swyer Syndrome. The reason external sex organs are removed in such cases for actual real life medical reasons. The gonads do produce testosterone and this does actually impact negatively on the puberty on the individual and may even cause other significant medical ailments in the future.
Typically medical professionals perform a sex alignment or in this case realignment surgery on the individual because the medical benefits outweigh the medical cons. A doctor should be the one to determine the correct medical procedure on an individual. They are the expert in the scenario after all.
Regardless of the patient’s age. Otherwise you’re just legislating against medicine
That’s never a good idea

A person with male parts naturally produces
testosterone. Should the gonads and penis be cut off and a vagina constructed because a 12 year old who might just be hitting puberty says I think I'm a female?

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok so you saying whatever a child wants should be approved and performed by a Dr. Right?

A doctor is the expert in this scenario. They know what to recommend in terms of medical care.
Whether the child is for or against that treatment is…..at best a variable. One not really taken into consideration a lot of times. Because hey newsflash, they’re freaking kids!!!

I mean how many kids actually want to go through chemotherapy when they have cancer? Honestly tell me

And sex reassignment surgery is not just for “trans care.”
Doctors know this through their studies. Politicians don’t apparently. So I think they (the politicians) need to stay out of it entirely
Since you know they have no actual expertise on such matters

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
What transgenders? What children? Show me, right now, which transgender person in this thread is saying they want to make decisions for children. Your intentional and malignant misinterpretation of what others tell you disgusts me.

Several adult transgenders here are arguing that kids should make that decision.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
A doctor is the expert in this scenario. They know what to recommend in terms of medical care.
Whether the child is for or against that treatment is…..at best a variable. One not really taken into consideration a lot of times. Because hey newsflash, they’re freaking kids!!!

I mean how many kids actually want to go through chemotherapy when they have cancer? Honestly tell me

And sex reassignment surgery is not just for “trans care.”
Doctors know this through their studies. Politicians don’t apparently. So I think they (the politicians) need to stay out of it entirely

A medical Dr can perform the procedure at any age of the child. Several years of psychological counseling should be done when the child hits their teens