• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USGS Earthquake Page

Ellen Brown

I'm on this page, usually at least once a day, or more just because I'm interested.

Generally speaking a relatively large quake is followed by 'aftershocks'. Oddly, the recent 8 in Peru does not seem to have put out measurable aftershocks. Hmmm.

shmogie

I'm on this page, usually at least once a day, or more just because I'm interested.

Generally speaking a relatively large quake is followed by 'aftershocks'. Oddly, the recent 8 in Peru does not seem to have put out measurable aftershocks. Hmmm.
There are different types of earthquakes and they occur for different reasons at different places in the earths mantle.

Some have pre shocks, some have after shocks, some are a giant single jolt, and some are rolling in nature. Some make sound, others do not.

My mother survived the large Long Beach ca. quake in 1932 which killed many people. She said the quake took the form of a ripple in the ground about 3 feet high, and as it passed under cars they were thrown n the air, when it went under buildings, they collapsed.

I was in a quake in Ca. which was pretty large, and it sounded like a speeding freight train was going to come through the side of the house.

Having been through many Ca. quakes, this was the only one I experienced with sound effects.

There is no typical quake, they occur as they occur.