• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA Veto against Palestinians Again and again

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
tenor.gif
He don't care on my opinion.but it's ok to reply on my posts abd threads. ;)
World become crazy after corona virus:D

Godobeyer

Premium Member
For me who defend Israel is not racism country, is same as person who defend NAZI are not racism regime.
Both idiots and far from reality.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Be silent toward crimes of Israel is crime.230 civilians killed by Israeli.Bombs.
. Who Justify that crime is same as Israeli criminal.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Be silent toward crimes of Israel is crime.230 civilians killed by Israeli.Bombs.
. Who Justify that crime is same as Israeli criminal.

I'm sorry brother, but is it really 230 civilians that have been killed by Israel?

EDIT: I think the majority of those killed by Israel have been civilians, but not all.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I'm sorry brother, but is it really 230 civilians that have been killed by Israel?

EDIT: I think the majority of those killed by Israel have been civilians, but not all.
How could they not be, seeing as Gaza has no real military force to speak of, and the IDF predominantly targeted civilian buildings?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'm sure some Hamas militants were killed but the vast majority of casualties were civilians, If Israel has just withdrawn from the AL Aqsa mosque, and agreed not to evict those houses, this whole thing would never have happened, Israel's arrogance takes full responsibility for the conflict.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
How could they not be, seeing as Gaza has no real military force to speak of, and the IDF predominantly targeted civilian buildings?

And what of the Hamas and Islamic Jihad militants firing their rockets at Israel apparently at random...

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
And what of the Hamas and Islamic Jihad militants firing their rockets at Israel apparently at random...
What of them? I strongly doubt that randomly knocking down buildings in Gaza did anything substantial to reduce the chance of them firing more rockets, or do you have a different opinion?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
What of them? I strongly doubt that randomly knocking down buildings in Gaza did anything substantial to reduce the chance of them firing more rockets, or do you have a different opinion?

I think Israel have a right to go after Hamas and Islamic Jihad, not least since they (Hamas and Islamic Jihad) seem willing to fire at civilians in Israel, and I don't believe they have gone in just randomly knocking down buildings willy-nilly. That said, I do think that Israel should do more to avoid civilian casualties in Gaza. Israel I believe say they have taken other actions to take out Hamas and Islamic Jihad capabilities, though what those are isn't clear.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think Israel have a right to go after Hamas and Islamic Jihad, not least since they (Hamas and Islamic Jihad) seem willing to fire at civilians in Israel, and I don't believe they have gone in just randomly knocking down buildings willy-nilly. That said, I do think that Israel should do more to avoid civilian casualties in Gaza. Israel I believe say they have taken other actions to take out Hamas and Islamic Jihad capabilities, though what those are isn't clear.
Well, IDF seem willing to fire at civilians in Gaza, so by your logic, Hamas and Islamic Jihad have the right to retaliate, correct?
And they have a right to target logistic and command structures of the IDF, which just happens to have its HQ located in Tel Aviv instead of somewhere out in the desert.
Don't you agree?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Well, IDF seem willing to fire at civilians in Gaza, so by your logic, Hamas and Islamic Jihad have the right to retaliate, correct?

I never said Israel have the right to fire at civilians in Gaza, and I don't believe they are doing so willingly. But let's say they are, Hamas and Islamic Jihad certainly have the right - indeed the duty - to retaliate, just not against Israeli civilians or others currently in Israel (e.g. foreign workers).

And they have a right to target logistic and command structures of the IDF, which just happens to have its HQ located in Tel Aviv instead of somewhere out in the desert.
Don't you agree?

I certainly believe that Hamas and Islamic Jihad have the right to go after the IDF (not least since the IDF are going after them). But I don't believe that firing rockets at Tel Aviv (or anywhere else in Israel) where there is a significant risk of killing or wounding non-combatants is the right or just way to go about this. Sure, it's a very unequal battlefield, but right is right.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
IF ABOUT LABEL BOTH ARE terrorist BECAUSE CIVILIAN ARE TARGET,SURE THEY ARE ?
IT'S ABOUT WHO KILL.MORE INNOCENTS. IS MORE TERRORISTS
I do believe hamas had not same level weapon.so that random missiles.
I THINK IF HAMAS HAD DEVELOPED MISSILES WON'T TARGET CIVILIANS. AS Israel did.

I Believe SOLUTION.IS VERY SIMPLE IS IN HAND OF ISRAEL.
FIGHT RACISM AND INJUSTICE.INSTEAD KILL CIVILIANS BY NAME OF DEFENCE.
What about the allegations that Hamas uses civilians as human shields?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I never said Israel have the right to fire at civilians in Gaza, and I don't believe they are doing so willingly.
Somebody has to authorize these attacks on civilian buildings and infrastructure, so yes they are doing so willingly and in full knowledge of the possible consequences of such attacks. "Collateral damage", remember, is damage that militaries and politicians alike acknowledge as the inevitable but necessary component of military strikes - if they had wanted to avoid civilian casualties, they would have opted for a different course of action. But they didn't.

But let's say they are, Hamas and Islamic Jihad certainly have the right - indeed the duty - to retaliate, just not against Israeli civilians or others currently in Israel (e.g. foreign workers).

I certainly believe that Hamas and Islamic Jihad have the right to go after the IDF (not least since the IDF are going after them). But I don't believe that firing rockets at Tel Aviv (or anywhere else in Israel) where there is a significant risk of killing or wounding non-combatants is the right or just way to go about this. Sure, it's a very unequal battlefield, but right is right.
But if the IDF has the right to defend Israel by any and all means they deem politically necessary or militarily expedient, and those include means that cause disproportionate civilian casualties, then we can't really condemn Hamas for doing the same can we?

If it is legitimate to cause massive civilian death and suffering in order to achieve military goals, then it is legitimate regardless of which side is causing these deaths, is it not?

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Somebody has to authorize these attacks on civilian buildings and infrastructure, so yes they are doing so willingly and in full knowledge of the possible consequences of such attacks. "Collateral damage", remember, is damage that militaries and politicians alike acknowledge as the inevitable but necessary component of military strikes - if they had wanted to avoid civilian casualties, they would have opted for a different course of action. But they didn't.

I certainly think they could be doing more to avoid civilian casualties, on that we can agree.

But if the IDF has the right to defend Israel by any and all means they deem politically necessary or militarily expedient, and those include means that cause disproportionate civilian casualties,

I don't believe Israel have the right to cause disproportionate civilian casualties.

then we can't really condemn Hamas for doing the same can we?

If it is legitimate to cause massive civilian death and suffering in order to achieve military goals, then it is legitimate regardless of which side is causing these deaths, is it not?

I don't believe it is legitimate for either side to cause massive civilian death and suffering.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I don't believe it is legitimate for either side to cause massive civilian death and suffering.
And yet, here we are, with both sides causing civilian death and suffering, yet one side are "terrorists" and the other are a legitimate national force with a "right to self defense" by any means, according to every single Western government.

EDIT: But it looks like we're in agreement, after all, so I'll drop that line of argument

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
And yet, here we are, with both sides causing civilian death and suffering, yet one side are "terrorists" and the other are a legitimate national force with a "right to self defense" by any means, according to every single Western government.

I believe both sides should be called out for it.

Godobeyer

Premium Member