• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

USA in top 5 most ignorant countries

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
How do you think Trump got elected?

The next presidential candidate needs to run on "Let's make America Smart Again!".

shopping

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is interesting that from the other side of the pond, the US does seem to revile intelligence.

In the UK science is now very sexy; the likes of Brian Cox, Alice Roberts can fill concert halls - they are on between rock acts at festivals; it bodes well for the future.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It is interesting that from the other side of the pond, the US does seem to revile intelligence.

In the UK science is now very sexy; the likes of Brian Cox, Alice Roberts can fill concert halls - they are on between rock acts at festivals; it bodes well for the future.
Can we get some of that?

An IPSO-MORI poll has found that the US is near the top for ignorance

The map of the world's most ignorant countries

Good to see the UK near the bottom of this table, along with most of Europe

It's hardly an 'index of ignorance', more like clickbait.

It's asking people to guess the answer to a small number of questions about demographics that most people have no real reason to know.

A bit like grading countries 'ignorance' based on % of the population who can name all of the 7 dwarves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A bit like grading countries 'ignorance' based on % of the population who can name all of the 7 dwarves.
  • Dizzy.
  • Edgy.
  • Queasy.
  • Remorseful.
  • Sleazy.
  • Surly.
  • Tipsy.
Wait....those aren't the 7 Dwarves.....er, "little people".....they're the Duff Beer "7 Duffs".
th

Kemosloby

Premium Member
A humanist with a false premise and a coloring pen. "Wisdom is to know oneself" or is it. One of those subtle slight of hand, If you look at the chart and put any stock in it you would have to believe wisdom comes from your opinion of yourself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
People are always presenting sciency surveys which show
how ignorant, uneducated & unintelligent I am.
Tis a wonder I can walk & chew bacon at the same time.

Sultan Of Swing

An IPSO-MORI poll has found that the US is near the top for ignorance

The map of the world's most ignorant countries

Good to see the UK near the bottom of this table, along with most of Europe
Misjudging the demographics of your country does not mean you are generally an ignorant person.

Silly article and survey.

China beat the US to be the second most ignorant though! Great stuff.

Interesting to note that the top two 'most ignorant' countries, India and China, also have the largest populations in the world. It's understandable that it would be easier to misjudge the demographics in your country with one so varied, diverse and large. With a country like the USA, with 50 states, full of diverse opinions and people, with a large population, I'd say the same.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I support anything which allows Europeans to maintain their illusion of superiority over the US. Fluff articles and "studies" work just fine. They need all the help they can get.

Kirran

Premium Member
I support anything which allows Europeans to maintain their illusion of superiority over the US. Fluff articles and "studies" work just fine. They need all the help they can get.

Haha. In reality I don't think there's to be said for either over the other overall, there are differences. Plenty of differences among Europeans too of course. We're a diverse bunch.

buddhist