• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

US Southwest Water Shortage

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
US West prepares for possible 1st water shortage declaration

"The man-made lakes that store water supplying millions of people in the U.S. West and Mexico are projected to shrink to historic lows in the coming months, dropping to levels that could trigger the federal government’s first-ever official shortage declaration and prompt cuts in Arizona and Nevada."

"It comes as climate change means less snowpack flows into the river and its tributaries, and hotter temperatures parch soil and cause more river water to evaporate as it streams through the drought-plagued American West.

The agency’s models project Lake Mead will fall below 1,075 feet (328 meters) for the first time in June 2021. That’s the level that prompts a shortage declaration under agreements negotiated by seven states that rely on Colorado River water: Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Things are going to get rough with farmers vs manufacturing vs conservationists vs homeowners/renters.

We've gone about as far as we can go with drip irrigation, low flow toilets and such. We can turn off the drip system and let plants die and take much shorter and fewer showers, of course, if we have to.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Things are going to get rough with farmers vs manufacturing vs conservationists vs homeowners/renters.

We've gone about as far as we can go with drip irrigation, low flow toilets and such. We can turn off the drip system and let plants die and take much shorter and fewer showers, of course, if we have to.

Part of the reason I moved out of the southwest (from Las Vegas) to the PNW. It's getting too hit and dry there. (**** it's to hot and dry here in he summers now).

I remember when I was a kid and Lake Mead never had that white bleach line. Not until my tee years did the lakes level start to dry up.